Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

43 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Avi's not back, but he doesn't need to be. His role was done. Leena is still very much involved in Season 6. Do yourself a favor and get back in for the final season. Game changer...

Season 6 isn't the final season.  It got renewed for a 7th season.

On 6/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Season 4, as a whole was awesome, but wait until you see the season 4 finale :)  

I'm old school and not a fan of the whole 10-13 episode seasons now days or when shows have that mid-season hiatus.  I guess they do it to cover any potential future losses in case the show starts losing popularity.  

Besides being awesome, that's one of the things I love/loved about Supernatural.  Even though they are on the CW, they still have long seasons.  With exception to season 3 (which was only 16 episodes), all the other seasons have had 20 episodes or more.  And that show just finished up it's 14th season this year.  Another great show to check out if you haven't already.

I'm the opposite.  I'd rather have ~12 quality episodes than the inevitable filler/dragged out plotlines that comes with 20-24 episode seasons.  Arrow was notably guilty of this (Anyone remember Bee lady episode?) 

23 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Anyone else intrigued by Amazon's adaptation of Garth Ennis's comic The Boys? 

Think it premieres in late July...

Yes, but I've been a Garth fan since Preacher #1 came out. :) 

• Like 1

Watching Lucifer season 4, and I think they missed a really good opportunity for a joke.  

Spoiler

When Lucifer calls his Shrink, and asks her why his wings are now leathery, there should have been a line about changing his name to Bruce Wayne.  

On 6/1/2019 at 1:06 AM, StillUnknown said:

Jharrel Jerome gotta win all the awards for When They See Us. The last part got me

Agreed.  The story was depressing, but that last episode about Korey...my god. Jharrel was phenomenal in capturing wise's nightmare.  

And then Ava chose to to play Nipsey with the outro/credits song.  Jesus.  :(

I need to watch Chernobyl.  How many episodes is it?

And Weeds is one of those shows that started out really awesome, but holy **** does that show jump the shark and just completely go off the rails in the later seasons.  It get's nearly unwatchable in the later seasons.  But the episodes are so short that I just powered through it all.

19 minutes ago, purbeast said:

And Weeds is one of those shows that started out really awesome, but holy **** does that show jump the shark and just completely go off the rails in the later seasons.  It get's nearly unwatchable in the later seasons.  But the episodes are so short that I just powered through it all.

5, It’s awesome

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Weeds, loved the show, but it did get pretty ridiculous in later seasons, specifically seasons 6-8.  I thought the series finale could have been a lot better too.  I've watched it through back when it came out and maybe three times since the series ended (four total).  

It's one of those shows that are easy to watch due to the 30 min episodes.  Great background show to have on while I'm gaming on one of the consoles because I've seen it 4 times and it does not require my full attention.  There were some funny moments/episodes in the last 3 seasons, but overall it was just way too over the top.  The great thing though, was while the last few seasons were mediocre, you could always rely on Doug's comedy to help get through it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I only wanna watch it because star of the show (Mary-something), gives off some supernatural cougar milf hybrid energy

Mary-Louise Parker

Image result for nancy botwin

I'm surprised she didn't do more after Weeds ended in 2012, specifically get another lead role in another show on premium channels (HBO, Showtime, etc.).  

• Thanks 2

^^^ you guys need to check out Outlander.  Caitriona Balfe is a smoking-hot, 5'10 bombshell Irish actress who used to be a Victoria Secret model.  

Aside from the naked Irish eye candy, The show itself is great, too (LOL).  Outlander is a top 5 show on television right now for me, and I'm an obnoxious, nose-up snob who watches a lot of top-tier television and thinks he's better than the rest of the trash TV viewing peasants.  it's about a time-traveling British WWII nurse who goes back and forth to the Scottish Highlands war against the Brits in the mid-1700s.  

I plug Outlander like once every six months in this thread, but I think only two or three other ES folks watch it.  Blows my mind how it doesn't get more chatter among TV fans, fantastic show.  The writing, acting, and cinematography are all top notch.  STARZ' best show, IMO.  

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Chew said:

^^^ you guys need to check out Outlander.  Caitriona Balfe is a smoking-hot, 5'10 bombshell Irish actress who used to be a Victoria Secret model.  

Aside from the naked Irish eye candy, The show itself is great, too (LOL).  Outlander is a top 5 show on television right now for me, and I'm an obnoxious, nose-up snob who watches a lot of top-tier television and thinks he's better than the rest of the trash TV viewing peasants.  it's about a time-traveling British WWII nurse who goes back and forth to the Scottish Highlands war against the Brits in the mid-1700s.  

I plug Outlander like once every six months in this thread, but I think only two or three other ES folks watch it.  Blows my mind how it doesn't get more chatter among TV fans, fantastic show.  The writing, acting, and cinematography are all top notch.  STARZ' best show, IMO.  

I watched the first few episodes of season 1 when it came out.  Very slow in the beginning, put it on the back burner for something else, never got back to it.  I don't have STARZ right now, but that will change once the final season of Power hits.  Maybe I'll get to it on Netflix and then watch the latest season on STARZ when I re-up for Power.

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

A time traveling nurse who travels from ww2 to 1700s sounds like terrible show. Im curious. 

I finished Chernobyl. I liked it a lot. Started watching swamp thing on the dc universe platform. I enjoy it. 

I need to check out Swamp Thing and finish up Doom Patrol.  You watch Titans on there yet?  It was an awesome show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I watched the first few episodes of season 1 when it came out.  Very slow in the beginning, put it on the back burner for something else, never got back to it.  I don't have STARZ right now, but that will change once the final season of Power hits.  Maybe I'll get to it on Netflix and then watch the latest season on STARZ when I re-up for Power.

I need to check out Swamp Thing and finish up Doom Patrol.  You watch Titans on there yet?  It was an awesome show.

Not yet, is it good? I like a good comic book tv show but by looking at it, it seemed to silly for me. I don’t like costumes. I will check it out tho. Is the show over already?

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Not yet, is it good? I like a good comic book tv show but by looking at it, it seemed to silly for me. I don’t like costumes. I will check it out tho. Is the show over already?

I loved it, thought it was really cool.  In this version, Robin ain't no ****, he's a bad ass.  Season 1 is over.