Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Never saw the first season.  Might check it out, that is an intense trailer.

First season was pretty intense as well.  One of the best Netflix original series, IMO.  Highly recommend. 

• Like 1

So I was thinking about the final scene of Cobra Kai S1 again in my head and thought about this being a possibility.....(spoiler tag will be used for obvious reasons)

Spoiler

Is it possible that John Kreese showing up was all in Johnny's head? The reason I think this is a possibility is because Johnny mentioned in an earlier episode that he was dead and it wasn't in a "I don't know what happened" or "he's dead to me" sort of way. It felt like he was making a matter of fact statement that the person was deceased.  Maybe now that Cobra Kai has been rebuilt and has experienced some success, John Kreese showing up is a representation of Johnny's continuing demons on how best to proceed with his students and the way he should be teaching.

Thoughts?

Edited by NoCalMike

Just now, NoCalMike said:

So I was thinking about the final scene of Cobra Kai S1 again in my head and thought about this being a possibility.....(spoiler tag will be used for obvious reasons)

Hide contents

Is it possible that John Kreese showing up was all in Johnny's head? The reason I think this is a possibility is because Johnny mentioned in an earlier episode that he was dead and it wasn't in a "I don't know what happened" or "he's dead to me" sort of way. It felt like he was making a matter of fact statement that the person was deceased.  Maybe now that Cobra Kai has been rebuilt and has experienced some success, John Kreese showing up is a representation of Johnny's continuing demons on how best to proceed with his students and the way he should be teaching.

Thoughts?

Spoiler

I don't think he was physically dead.  But maybe he was told that by someone.......perhaps Terry Silver (from Part 3) since he helped Kreese out and lied about him being dead once (to Daniel and Miyagi) only to reveal towards the end that Kreese was alive and well.  I read a rumor that Miguel's dad could be Terry Silver.  One thing I forgot about was that in the third movie when they return to LA, the South Seas apartment complex was being demolished, however, in Cobra Kai Daniel and Johnny went by there and Daniel was remembering how the pool was all nasty etc.  

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Expanse is being shipped to other networks. I thibk it would be a good fit on either CW or Starz.

I think it would be a better fit on Starz, they would have more flexibility than on network television.  Could CW even fit another show in the schedule :806:  Seems like they are filled up with shows.

Does Hulu stagger the release of episodes for new seasons?!  We zipped through Season 1 of Handmaid's Tale, and were sailing through Season 2 and boom -- hit a wall.  ****.  :(  I guess they're not like Netflix to where all episodes are available when it's released?

Yep chew, they are weekly on Hulu until the whole season is shown.

I only mentioned CW picking it up (but forgot to say if another show fails, Taze). They've added Sunday nights to their broadcast starting this fall so they do have more slots. And like SyFy, a lot of the CW shows still shoot in and around Vancouver.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Btw, the reason for SyFy dropping it wasn't because of viewership. It had to do with some odd deal they had where they only got money from first run linear showings. They didn't get anything for streamed, rerun, or timeshifted (DVR) watching.

Edited by The Evil Genius

12 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Expanse is being shipped to other networks. I thibk it would be a good fit on either CW or Starz.

Or Netflix. 

I swear Fox & SciFi cancel the good shows & extend the crap ones. 

• Like 1

My shows are getting canceled left and right.  So far, looking at the preliminary potential fall shows; there's little that interests me.  CW renewed IZombie and picked up the Charmed reboot and Roswell, New Mexico.   It's based on the same books that Roswell was, but it's not a reboot of that show.

I would love to see TV series sequel to a good movie, like they did with Karate Kid and Cobra Kai.