Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Yeah Sherlock Is pretty good. Every episode is super long which I liked.

Just started Marco polo. Pleasantly surprised.

Took me until this last week to see this series. I binge-viewed in three day. Big fan now. Exceptional writing and acting. Love the humorous inserts (especially as played by Cumberbund :P ). Simply outstanding. Doesn't hurt the character is a lifelong fave and as a kid i loved the old Basil Rathbone black and white flicks (also highly recommended).

• 2 weeks later...

Jumbo,

Have you watched Orphan Black yet?

Nope---watched parts of a couple different episodes the first season but didn't get into it. Just timing--so it's still a possibility. Give me your take. I know the clone theme.  Off the top of my head, next for me is The Americans (I know), The Killing, Missing maybe, Blacklist maybe, and Black Sails maybe. Liked Polo.

Anybody seen Peaks Blinders yet? English gangs of London in the early 1900s. Cillian Murphy is one of my faves, I've had the show in my queue for a while now, looking for a reason to watch it lol. Sam Neil is in it too.

• Like 2

Nope---watched parts of a couple different episodes the first season but didn't get into it. Just timing--so it's still a possibility. Give me your take. I know the clone theme.  

Watch it. Seriously, watch it from the beginning (I know, duh) but it's not a show you can pick up a few episodes in. 

Watch it for the amazing performance Tatiana Maslany puts on in every episode and watch it for the story. It's solid scifi without the crazy above your head mumbo jumbo that a lot of scifi shows like to throw out. It's character driven rather than tech talk driven. 

I haven't met anyone who has seen Season 1 and hated it. Maybe you will..but it's worth the shot and its only a 10 or so episode investment, like most BBC shows. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Watch it. Seriously, watch it from the beginning (I know, duh) but it's not a show you can pick up a few episodes in. 

Watch it for the amazing performance Tatiana Maslany puts on in every episode and watch it for the story. It's solid scifi without the crazy above your head mumbo jumbo that a lot of scifi shows like to throw out. It's character driven rather than tech talk driven. 

I haven't met anyone who has seen Season 1 and hated it. Maybe you will..but it's worth the shot and its only a 10 or so episode investment, like most BBC shows.

I heard Orphan Black is amazing! Is it on Netflix?

Anybody seen Peaks Blinders yet? English gangs of London in the early 1900s. Cillian Murphy is one of my faves, I've had the show in my queue for a while now, looking for a reason to watch it lol. Sam Neil is in it too.

Tom Hardy is in the second season!

• Like 1

Not really a TV series, but I don't think starting a new thread to recommend Netflix movies is a good idea, either.

Was browsing Netflix, recently, and came across some made-for-TV movies Tom Sellek did, as Robert Parker's (creator of Spenser) character, Jesse Stone. I'm about halfway through the second movie. (First movie was Stone Cold, which was supposedly the fourth book. Second one aired is Night Passage, which is the first book, and is rather a prequil, since it covers Jesse's arrival in town.)

So far, I've found them to be really well done. And they seem to be true to the books I've read. (Not sure I read Stone Cold, but I read Night Passage. Don't really remember details, but I remember the emotions, and they're doing them quite well.)

I think Netflix has all five movies.

Stone is an LAPD homicide detective who got divorced, went alcoholic, got fired for drinking on the job, and winds up being hired as Chief of Police for tiny little Paradise, Massachusetts.

(One of the mysteries Jesse has to solve, in the first book, is "why would this town hire a fired, alcoholic, cop with no local ties, to be their Chief of Police?")

Edited by Larry

I've watched the first few episodes.

Great cinematography, Murphy and Niel are great. Like where it is going.

Any of yall seen this show called Jericho? Seems to have some post apocalyptic premise, and is available on Netflix. Seems to be highly rated, but is only 2 seasons

One of the best hidden gems out there man.  I was disappointed it was only 2 seasons, but me and the wife thought it was awesome.  Same with Jeremiah, only two seasons, but awesome show, its only on Amazon Prime right now.  

Another good show we found on Netflix was Survivors, its a British "plague wipes out everyone" show.  Also, while its only 1 season, I enjoyed Persons Unknown.  Random people wake up in a ghost town with no knowledge of how they got there.  It's still available on Netflix to stream.

• Like 1

Any of yall seen this show called Jericho? Seems to have some post apocalyptic premise, and is available on Netflix. Seems to be highly rated, but is only 2 seasons

You never heard that show?  Loved it.  I think they sent CBS peanuts or something like that to get it a second season. If you do a search, you might even find the thread on it. At least I think there was one.   There was talk of a movie but nothing has come of it so far.

SyFy's "12 Monkeys" starts tonight. As does the second season of "Helix".

• Like 1

I missed out on a lot of stuff from 2006-2010 due to school, studying, work, more work, and not much else. Theres a lot of stuff I still havent seen from that time period

A year ago there was rumblings of a resurrection by netflix but nothing so far.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-2-14/nuts-there%E2%80%99s-still-chance-netflix-could-resurrect-jericho

American Horror Story has been bogus this season. Just plain uninteresting.

I've been liking it a lot for the most part.  I think they've had some great emotional scenes between characters.  

And there are some awesome characters like Twisty, Dandy, Edward Mordrake, the magician played by NPH, and Dell.

Elsa I've been on the fence about, but I liked her in the last episode they had.

Unfortunately the show has had some inconsistent plot stuff going on throughout this season and somewhat like last season seems to have characters act in ways that don't particularly make sense.  

Also I feel like the freaks are a little too eager to kill people and hateful towards others, but maybe they're supposed to be that way.

Still I think the season has been very very good at times, and sort of lost at others, but still entertaining even when not at it's best.

I think it's a good bit better than last year, which had some good acting, but plot-wise was all over the place and really inconsistent.

Just discovered & binge watched Banshee.

Got distracted trying to binge Marco Polo so I need to restart it eventually. Jumbo keeps yelling at me to watch Lillyhammer but I want to finish Salem first.

• Like 2