Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Patriot season two (and season one) is transcendent television.  God Almighty it's good.  A master class in screenwriting.  Mesmerizing performances from everyone involved.  Painfully funny black comedy mixed with heartbreaking tragedy.  And beautifully shot.  It's a magnificent work of art.  Steven Conrad made a masterpiece.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Patriot season two (and season one) is transcendent television.  God Almighty it's good.  A master class in screenwriting.  Mesmerizing performances from everyone involved.  Painfully funny black comedy mixed with heartbreaking tragedy.  And beautifully shot.  It's a magnificent work of art.  Steven Conrad made a masterpiece.

I thought season 1 was better, but season 2 was still pretty good.  Definitely some great scenes.

Spoiler

"If John Lakeman wants a dick measuring contest, he's in for a big surprise" --as cops are at the urinal shaking off their comically small penises

I loved the scene in one episode with the instructor talking about how to beat the **** out of a dog as if it was a little man.  John then opens the pamphlet to see one of those instructional drawings on how to knock a woman out with a bicycle.  Add in flashback scene of mute cop lady as a kid being bullied and how she's tough because they couldn't make her scream.  Then fast-forward an episode or two and you've got John beating the **** out of a dog, and Cool Rick knocking out mute cop lady with a bike and she screams.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 2:40 AM, FrFan said:

They say that episode 5 is a masterpiece such as episode 4 of True Detective

Escape at Dannemora: what is the Ben Stiller series with Benicio del Toro, Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano? (G translation)

Have seen all the episodes.

It's not for everyone, but man, I loved it.

And yeah, episode 5 is a real highlight. 

• Like 1

Man, there is some serious cougar/milf power in The Haunting of Hill House. Awesome show so far ( 3 ep's in).

Bit slower than I anticipated, but necessary in that they are giving every character a story arc (something I loved about shows like LOST and hate about some shows now).

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

If you speak Spanish the new season of Narcos provides some unintentional comedy when comparing the subtitles and what is actually being said.  They seem to have gone for the gist of whats being said rather than translating exactly what's being said, particularly with the insults.  One scene immediately comes to mind.  The government extends a hand towards the narco boss and the drug dealer replies: "Chinga tu madre, governador." this was translated to "**** your handshake, governor"  🤔 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Destino said:

If you speak Spanish the new season of Narcos provides some unintentional comedy when comparing the subtitles and what is actually being said.  They seem to have gone for the gist of whats being said rather than translating exactly what's being said, particularly with the insults.  One scene immediately comes to mind.  The government extends a hand towards the narco boss and the drug dealer replies: "Chinga tu madre, governador." this was translated to "**** your handshake, governor"  🤔 

I don't speak Spanish fluidly by any means, but a lot of the curse words and basics I remember.  Why in the world would they subtitle that to "**** your handshake, governor" instead of "**** your mother, governor."?

Searching for things to watch, because all the shows seem to be going into their winter hiatus, I stumbled upon Paradise PD on Netflix. It is an adult cartoon, lots of laughs and some crazy stuff going.

I also checked out Sick Note, also on Netflix. It star Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley from Harry Potter) and Nick Frost (the big fella from Shawn of the Dead, Paul, Hot Fuzz). It's pretty entertaining.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I also checked out Sick Note, also on Netflix. It star Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley from Harry Potter) and Nick Frost (the big fella from Shawn of the Dead, Paul, Hot Fuzz). It's pretty entertaining.

I came across that last night scrolling through and watched their "commercial" for it.  Looked pretty interesting.  He (Rupert) gets diagnosed with terminal cancer (right?) and then gets told they messed up and he's healthy as hell, but he keeps that from everybody.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I came across that last night scrolling through and watched their "commercial" for it.  Looked pretty funny.  He (Rupert) gets diagnosed with terminal cancer (right?) and then gets told they messed up and he's healthy as hell, but he keeps that from everybody.

Terminal cancer, yes, that is the Gist of it. Frost is the doctor, and there are some extremes to keep the secret. Its a British comedy, I don't recognize many of the actors in it. Don Johnson and Lindsey Lohan make appearances as well.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 10:43 AM, Warhead36 said:

The Daredevil news sucks. Guess that means Punisher will get axed too. I know they'll probably go to the new Disney streaming service but it likely won't be the same.

Actually the new streaming will not be airing R content, I think. 

All the Marvel Netflix shows will be done. Down the line, Disney will probably create a streaming service for the more R rated stuff. They also will own most of Hulu; so maybe something there.

If those come back one day, it will probably be rebooted with a new cast.

• Sad 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:07 PM, Yohan said:

Yep, saw the little trailer thingy and it looked pretty funny, and I love me some Nick Frost.  Tossed it in the queue. 

Does anybody here watch Outlander on STARZ?!  Season 4 is the best yet, so good.  For anyone who might be remotely interested, it's about a time traveling English WWII nurse (played by former Victoria's Secret model Catriona Balfe, who gets naked nearly every episode) who touches this eerie rock formation and travels back to mid-1700s Scottish Highlands, about a year before the Battle of Culloden when the Jacobites got powned by the Brits.