Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 12/16/2018 at 11:11 AM, Warhead36 said:

Finished Sabrina yesterday. Very good first season although I could do without some of the teen angst crap.

I liked it, too, though in fairness, she IS a teenager (kinda comes with territory, i think : ) they really made up for it in my mind with just how dark it was willing to go.

Every iteration of this character ive either seen or read about had that struggle for balance as a core issue.  

i hope it gets nominated for some of the makeup effects or something.  I also have to contain myself with fact Jaz Sinclair is playing someone underage, not fair Netflix, not fair.

Who's watching Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?  Any thoughts?

I hear it's a musical and...outside of the Blues Brothers, I hate musicals.  Something about spontaneously bursting into song and dance to advance a storyline irritates the **** out of me.  So if it's like one song an episode, I can handle it.  Anything past that, I can't deal.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:00 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Who's watching Marvelous Mrs. Maisel?  Any thoughts?

I hear it's a musical and...outside of the Blues Brothers, I hate musicals.  Something about spontaneously bursting into song and dance to advance a storyline irritates the **** out of me.  So if it's like one song an episode, I can handle it.  Anything past that, I can't deal.

Who said it was a musical?  It's about a woman who goes into stand-up comedy in the 1960s.  There are zero song-and-dance routines.

53 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

The Orville started out with a thud. Very kitchy, and pretty dull. Previews for upcoming episodes gave me some hope for the season though. 

I agree. 

The whole party to watch him pee would be a cute sub plot but not the centerpiece of the whole episode.

• Like 1

Hey, I came into this thread to pump The Orville. 

Yeah, their "primary mission" was a joke. Literally. But then I don't think that's really what the episode was about. It was about relationships and dating and shipboard life. I liked that. No big, monumental, Galaxy-saving mission. Just commentary about relationships. 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:19 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

That episode probably was they one they held over from Season 1.

I read that the hold-over from season 1 is the one this Thursday.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Hey, I came into this thread to pump The Orville. 

Yeah, their "primary mission" was a joke. Literally. But then I don't think that's really what the episode was about. It was about relationships and dating and shipboard life. I liked that. No big, monumental, Galaxy-saving mission. Just commentary about relationships. 

That sounds about right.  I think the episode was really attempting to re-establish the characters and their relationships for the new season.  As for the primary mission, that was call-back to Amok Time, which was the first episode of the second season of TOS.

Edited by PokerPacker

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Catching up on Outlander yesterday (with some of my family, because my mom has read some of the books,) and season two is pretty interesting.  There’s a lot of political intrigue so far (5 episodes in).

Welcome aboard Team Outlander.  :)

season 4 is about to end and its really really good.  Caitriona Balfe is amazing. 

On 12/29/2018 at 3:05 PM, PokerPacker said:

Who said it was a musical?  It's about a woman who goes into stand-up comedy in the 1960s.  There are zero song-and-dance routines.

Some friend of a friend.  Maybe I misunderstood her, but I don't think I did.  I've been watching it, it's great.  The music is great, too.  But certainly not a musical.  I really like the lead actress Rachel Brosnahan, Tony Shahloub is great too.  Alex Borstein's character is the funniest one on the show.

• Like 1

Finished House of Cards.. (cough) weak (cough)  Show lost it's edge when it lost Spacey, unfortunately.. 

Mrs Maisel.. Said it before, season one was better done and funnier, imo, than Im dying up here.. I can't wait for season 2.. But yea, they do dance and sing. Usually just a few bars and tolerable, but it happens. lol 

1 hour ago, TK said:

Thought I just saw somewhere that there's a new season of Luther that just started?

S3 just hit Netflix. S4 which will only be on Netflix is TBD. 

Edit...and dangit I just realized you typed Luther and not Lucifer. S5 of Luther is in production I believe.

Edited by The Evil Genius

30 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

S3 just hit Netflix. S4 which will only be on Netflix is TBD. 

Edit...and dangit I just realized you typed Luther and not Lucifer. S5 of Luther is in production I believe.

BBC has a trailer up for Luther S5

Looks like it premiered tonight on BBC & is a short 4 show season.