Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 3/18/2023 at 11:55 PM, purbeast said:

I doubt I'll watch anymore, if they even do another season.

This just in... Btw, I also didn't like the whole London setting as well. Netflix is now scrambling to find someone who looks like Joe. 😳

Penn said he’s spoken to Netflix and confirmed his departure, adding another huge reason for leaving the role behind was the show’s move to London. “I think you guys all agreed that the show being set in London wasn’t great,” he said. “I hate London. The people are rude, the city is bleak. If the producers think I’m going back there to film again, they’ve got another thing coming.”

12 hours ago, zCommander said:

This just in... Btw, I also didn't like the whole London setting as well. Netflix is now scrambling to find someone who looks like Joe. 😳

Penn said he’s spoken to Netflix and confirmed his departure, adding another huge reason for leaving the role behind was the show’s move to London. “I think you guys all agreed that the show being set in London wasn’t great,” he said. “I hate London. The people are rude, the city is bleak. If the producers think I’m going back there to film again, they’ve got another thing coming.”

Weak april fools joke.

• Haha 1

Life is weird.  My teenage kids have started to enjoy "South Park" and "Family Guy".  I watched both of those shows religiously when they were airing.  The old South Park homemade VHS tapes I have prove it.  Then my son introduced me to "Rick and Morty", recently. I stopped religiously watching TV shows around the 2002 to 2003 timeframe. 

"South Park" still manages to be ahead of its time in regards to social commentary.  "Family Guy" was a bit novel when it first aired -- still funny but it has reached Simpsons level of plot-staleness.  "King of the Hill" and "Futurama" were also great... and I still have a soft spot for "Beavis & Butthead".  

Animated innovation I have observed. 

"The Simpsons", period. 

"Beavis and Butthead" watching music videos.  I wonder if this could be legally done by someone who doesn't own the rights.  

"Family Guy", flashbacks.  

"South Park", being socially relevant and critical. 

KOTH, and Futurama and Rick and Morty stand on the shoulders and perfected the art but weren't particulalry innovative. 

Beef. It’s on Netflix. 

I don’t know where to start on how to describe this. Two people almost get into a car accident in a parking lot. Middle fingers are flung, car chase ensues. 

The guy chasing the woman gets her license plate, kind of terrorizes her, she gets back at him… but it’s so much more than that. It’s a dark comedy. I’m 5 episodes in, I’m hooked. 

Ali Wong plays the female lead and she’s tremendous. The guy playing the male lead is really good, too. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 10:27 PM, zCommander said:

Finished watching all 12 season of The Big Bang Theory... now on to Young Sheldon. :)

I really can't stand BBT, but somehow, I was cajoled into watching an episode of Young Sheldon and I was immediately hooked. Definitely good stuff. It's peaked now, but still worth watching. I suspect this will be its last season.

Spoiler

OTOH, they did what always happens when the producers are trying to squeeze another couple of seasons out of a show that's run its course by bringing in a baby. So maybe it'll be back for another season or two but I probably won't.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 6:52 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Beef. It’s on Netflix. 

I don’t know where to start on how to describe this. Two people almost get into a car accident in a parking lot. Middle fingers are flung, car chase ensues. 

The guy chasing the woman gets her license plate, kind of terrorizes her, she gets back at him… but it’s so much more than that. It’s a dark comedy. I’m 5 episodes in, I’m hooked. 

Ali Wong plays the female lead and she’s tremendous. The guy playing the male lead is really good, too. 

That was a fun show.  Had no idea that Wong dates Hader from Barry.   so glad that is back too.

My wife and I are also in the middle of Beef. Something huge just happened in one episode and I do not know how the Korean guy can get out of it. I have to wait for my wife to get back in town to finish it, maybe this next weekend.

Succession has been great per usual. About 5 episodes in. 

I’ve been disappointed with The Mandolorian this season. We’ll see what the future holds.

1 hour ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Will Trent is an enjoyable show and Betty is a scene stealer.  The only issue I have with the show is his hot mess of a love interest/step sister, whatever, having a job in LE.  She needs full time therapy.  At least Will has figured out how to use his demons to further his job performance.  

Erika Christensen is a scene stealer though.  And yes, we need more Bad **** Betty. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Mare of Easttown.

1 season, 7 episodes. Kind of a mix of Fargo and True Detective. Can’t believe more ppl haven’t been talking about it.

Is that with Kate Winslett?

I tried watching that awhile ago, couldn't really get into it.  What do you like about it?