Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

56 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Hope they do it justice.  I always said it was a better movie than it was a video game.

And you were always wrong :D. 

It will undoubtedly lose something special without having the player interaction. The gameplay and story is woven so well together in 1 and if they extend the show to part 2, the gameplay actually becomes a big part of the story. the impact of the story is increased tenfold by you actually having that interactive connection.  

it’s just a matter of if the show can find other ways to make up for it 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@88Comrade2000

So is Manifest enjoyable to watch beyond Season 1?  I think I got 4 episodes in and couldn't stand the actress who was playing the main character female cop.  The story was very intriguing though... 

Id say yes. But it also has a lot of misses and throwaway plots. I won't miss some of the cast who's not coming back for the saved finale season. 

Totally unrelated but the show that went from incredibly bad schlock and dumb story to actually decent is La Brea. Looking forward to S2 starting tomorrow. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

8 hours ago, Fergasun said:

@88Comrade2000

So is Manifest enjoyable to watch beyond Season 1?  I think I got 4 episodes in and couldn't stand the actress who was playing the main character female cop.  The story was very intriguing though... 

I’d say yes.  Some of the characters are annoying but the story was enough to see what happens. Though you may have the opposite feeling.  You’ll have to decide.

The final season is split into 2 - 10 episode runs.

I am glad Netflix picked it up to finish the story.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Finished Bear on Hulu.  Loved the chemistry between Lip and the sous chef he hired.  Overall a very likeable group of characters and a low stress, warm story.  The dinner service scenes were very well done and were basically food p0rn.  I'd like another season but the ending was perfect if not.

We binged S5 of Showtime's The Chi last week. Really good show.  Not sure why TV connoisseurs who loved The Wire aren't watching this.  It's basically a Wire reboot, cops vs drug Lords on the Southside of Chicago.  Five seasons in and The Chi is still holding strong at 87% on rotten.  

Shout-out to the ES'ers that recommended Severance 👍🏽.  Entire cast was excellent!   I'm so used to Adam Scott being type-cast as a douche, it was fun rooting for him for a change.  

Wild theory here, but just going on record so I can say I called it if things go bonkers next season:

Spoiler

What they're doing down there is much more sinister than they've led us to believe. This is gonna end up being some LOST or Cabin in the Woods ****.  

Ancient-Aliens.jpg.a966d5cad94000a4733f4693e5dd3986.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chew said:

Shout-out to the ES'ers that recommended Severance 👍🏽.  Entire cast was excellent!   I'm so used to Adam Scott being type-cast as a douche, it was fun rooting for him for a change. 

Has he been a douche outside of Step Brothers?  He was pretty wholesome in Parks And Rec (punchable douchy face aside).