Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

It’s getting really good, right?  I have two more episodes left.

Yea we already finished it.  I felt like the last episode or two they tried to make us feel slightly bad for Anna.  I mentioned it it to the wife and she said that was through the whole series showing how torn she was.  I said I never once felt bad for her and just thought she was a con artist ****.

On 2/7/2022 at 6:53 PM, Bang said:

"Only Murders in the Building" on Hulu,
Comedy mystery series with Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez.

Episodes are short, only 30 minutes, but it's not a sitcom.

Good stuff, as you'd expect with Martin and Martin.

~Bang

Great show I watched with my family.  I saw that Martin and Martin act is going to be at Wolf trap this summer.  

Been watching Reacher, it's entertaining but nothing special.  Gimmie Banshee 100 times outta 100 over this.

Just started Upload yesterday (i know its a few years old) but found myself laughing out loud at some parts already. Gonna stick with it.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, Chachie said:

Spiff- Give it a few episodes. By the end of ep 3 I was hooked. It gets more and more intense every episode. Season two is pure insanity. I'm a 55 year old man who hates "teen dramas" but that show is the best! 

I'm strangely into it.  I'm not sure why. 

I will say, the way it's filmed is amazing.  The music is fantastic.  That whole carnival episode which sets a backdrop of something innocent and childlike for these kids who are running around and doing things that aren't for kids was great...and the music they used to build the tension was great, too.  

The acting is really damn good, too.  This isn't something I'd normally watch but I'm kinda hooked.  

Started watching The Expanse at the recommendation of some here. We’re late in season 2. Good show.

But who the hell thought it would be a good idea to create a character that is an Indian, from Mars, 200 years in the future… and acting/speaking like a cowboy ‘partner’?!?!?

Where the hell would he have picked up that schtick?!?

On 2/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, Chew said:

+1 for Reacher, loving it so far.  The intricate hand to hand combat scenes remind me of Banshee.  

I loved it.  I've never read the books, and if they're like this show, then they must be crimes against literature as Reacher and Roscoe are the biggest Mary Sues in the history of television, but I don't care.  This is well done dumb dude media, like Arnold movies in his prime.  Enough brains to go with the muscles so I can preserve my suspension of disbelief up until the end.  And ultimately, I just want to see him threatening and predicting and shooting and punching and lifting heavy things and this always delivered.  I'm in for more seasons.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 2/17/2022 at 2:19 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Upload is fun. Glad S2 and S3 are finally on the way. 

I forgot about that show.  It was really good and the actress who plays the main character is so freaking hot.  I would call it cheerfully dystopian and it has some of the same energy that The Good Place had.  Glad that they're releasing more seasons.

On 2/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm strangely into it.  I'm not sure why. 

I will say, the way it's filmed is amazing.  The music is fantastic.  That whole carnival episode which sets a backdrop of something innocent and childlike for these kids who are running around and doing things that aren't for kids was great...and the music they used to build the tension was great, too.  

The acting is really damn good, too.  This isn't something I'd normally watch but I'm kinda hooked.  

Yaaay!!! Just wait until you get into season two. 😎

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Started watching The Expanse at the recommendation of some here. We’re late in season 2. Good show.

But who the hell thought it would be a good idea to create a character that is an Indian, from Mars, 200 years in the future… and acting/speaking like a cowboy ‘partner’?!?!?

Probably inspired by this guy : )

On 2/21/2022 at 9:01 AM, Die Hard said:

it doesn’t go into detail in the show but in the books it’s because he’s from the Mariner Valley of Mars which was originally a group of colonies established from Texas that kept their defined accent over the years and leaned into that history. “Muh heritage” lol

if you are telling me it’s unrealistic that even 200 years into the future a massive group of Texans can go anywhere and not bring Texas with them, I would be surprised 

the history of the colony establishments and space exploration is why belters have a creole accent too 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If you thought the Jack Reacher movies sucked would you like the new show?

The trailer makes it look like something that would be on the CW or some bootleg ass OTA channel.

On 2/5/2022 at 1:20 PM, The 12th Commandment said:

Digging this Reacher so much more than the midgets version.  

It's Reacher.  Not highbrow stuff to begin with but the show is so much closer to my mental image from reading the books.

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Like 1