Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

3 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

QotS is fun.  Like most shows, the early seasons are a lot better.  My old man, who grew up in Mexico City, says of all the gringo shows about Mexico, this one got the sensibility of Mexicans best.  

I know Narcos is big but wasn't into the whole cartel show thing. I started watching QotS last night and I am now hooked like cocaine....lol 

Late to the party but I just wrapped up Inventing Anna and I thought it was riveting.  Crazy how far you can get with fashion and fibs.

She would have probably gotten the money if she had of slept with the one banker dude. On the other hand a house of cards can only stacked so tall…

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

On 4/14/2022 at 1:16 PM, Bang said:

Tossing HBO Max's new "Tokyo Vice" on my list..  looks pretty good.

~Bang

I did the first 3 episodes and could not stay awake. I have a couple friends who are enjoying it but I had to bail. Awful.

• Like 1

Finished watching Queen of the South (great show) and Lost in Space (better than I thought it would be). My wife thinks I am also lost in space for binging two shows in less than a week....lol

On to Amazon and The Greatest American Hero! (if you have to Google GAH then you are too young to watch this show :P )

Edited by zCommander

On 4/18/2022 at 11:40 AM, Chachie said:

I did the first 3 episodes and could not stay awake. I have a couple friends who are enjoying it but I had to bail. Awful.

I’m enjoying it. It’s a slower kind of show, and I’m good with those.  

On 4/8/2022 at 11:55 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Holy **** that Severance finale was intense. Wow

Severance is fantastic.  That finale had me screaming at the TV.  

• Like 1

Just watched the series finale of Blackish.  It was ok, thought the very ending was stupid though.  I thought it deserved a better ending.  Sad it's over though.

Spoiler

The whole casket scene and then the marching band was way too much, imo.  I would have liked to see some flash forwards like 5 years later where each of the main characters were.  Like Zoe would have graduated college, the twins would be in college, Dre spending time with Davonte, Rainbow running the entire hospital, Junior moves to CT and marries Olivia, etc.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

On 4/14/2022 at 1:16 PM, Bang said:

Tossing HBO Max's new "Tokyo Vice" on my list..  looks pretty good.

~Bang

I’ve had it on my list for a bit as well. Finally just got started on it. One episode in & it seems to be slow burn type story as it starts at the middle or end & then goes back to start from the beginning. I’m  digging it so far. :)

• Like 2

On 4/21/2022 at 1:56 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Russian Doll is back for S2...it's been 3 years...now to remember what happened at the end of S1. 

BTW Natasha Lyonne is amazing in that show. 

For me, it’s not about remembering, but trying to understand what the **** is going on.  Haha.  Great show.  Her friend who has the birthday is in The Morning Show.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We gotta agree to disagree about Wendy. But I can’t wait. 

i think they are setting her up so that Marty has be the one to put down in order to get out and protect the kids. With the show starting with her infidelity it seems like a suitable way to end things. There is no happy ending for Wendy. Marty can go back to living a normal life in Chicago. I don’t see Wendy ever being able to give this up and he will realize that eventually if he hasn’t already 

Marty is redeemable. He stepped in front of a gun for Ruth, who isn’t even his family. Wendy killed her brother and called the FBI on her own son. She’s too far gone. 

and with the way Breaking Bad hangs over this show, it’s an appropriate swerve to make the wife into the Walter white character (which they’ve already done) and turn the husband into the Jesse type of character that is able to get away 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i think they are setting her up so that Marty has be the one to put down in order to get out and protect the kids. With the show starting with her infidelity it seems like a suitable way to end things. There is no happy ending for Wendy. Marty can go back to living a normal life in Chicago. I don’t see Wendy ever being able to give this up and he will realize that eventually if he hasn’t already 

Marty is redeemable. He stepped in front of a gun for Ruth, who isn’t even his family. Wendy killed her brother and called the FBI on her own son. She’s too far gone. 

and with the way Breaking Bad hangs over this show, it’s an appropriate swerve to make the wife into the Walter white character (which they’ve already done) and turn the husband into the Jesse type of character that is able to get away 

These are interesting takes, and I don't disagree with any of them.  

But you outlined why I like Wendy, she's pretty hardcore and ruthless.  I didn't like how any of the women were written in Breaking Bad.

I'm not so sure if Marty is redeemable, though.  While he doesn't have as much blood on his hands (off the top of my head, admittedly) he still has cartel ties.  IMO, the wildcard here is actually Jonah, IRRC he's kind of going off the deep end, he was really upset about Ben's death and on top of that he's getting comfortable with brandishing guns.

****.  Goddamit, ****.  Even though the first half of the season wasn't too long ago, the details are fuzzy to me right now.  I think I'm going to have to try and re-watch it this week before the final episodes next weekend.

Finally got around to watching Better Call Saul premiere.  It's awesome as expected.  

I do wish we had more cartel stuff and less Saul/Kim stuff though.  That is just more entertaining TV but I am curious to see where their idea takes Saul and Kim.