Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Damn dude even spoiled it wrong.  That wasn't the first scene.

I'm 2 episodes in.  There is A LOT about Aaron Hernandez that I'm learning from this that I didn't know about prior.  It may have been public knowledge but I didn't know about a lot of this.  It wasn't on any of the other specials I saw.

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Caught up on The Expanse. As much as i loved seasons 1-3, season 4 was boring. Felt like work to get through. 

Hope they rebound next season

**SEASON 4 SPOILERS AHEAD**

I liked the relationship dynamic between Ashford and Camina.  They didn't follow the book but I enjoyed the tension between the two actors and never really knowing if Ashford was going to make a play for power or not.  Ashford in the books is bad and stays bad.  They redeemed him on the show and then killed him to hurt us.  It worked. 

That said the season overall wasn't their best, but it's a needed lull in the story that separates one calamity, the arrival of the proto molecule, from the next.  What matters in season 4 is what the seemingly small subplots (compared to the usual scale of The Expanse) signify.  Season 4 wasn't really about a troubled colony and petty crime on mars.

Season 5, which will probably be based on the book Nemesis Games and maybe some of Babylon's Ashes, should be more exciting. 

• Like 2

Camina & Ashford were easily the best parts of the season. Felt like the writers used Avasarala for comedic relief, but it just wasnt hitting for me. I didnt care about the Murtry character at all. Not sure if it was the character or the actor, but it was weak. I suspect the season may look better when the show is complete, but as a standalone, it was easily the worst of the 4 for me

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 3:10 AM, visionary said:

Finished season 2 of Jack Ryan tonight.  Entertaining, but a lot of really stupid stuff happening this season, especially in the final.

What if Jack Ryan is Jim Halpert's most committed trolling of Dwight's Agent Michael Scarn/Threat Level: Midnight?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

Damn dude even spoiled it wrong.  That wasn't the first scene.

I'm 2 episodes in.  There is A LOT about Aaron Hernandez that I'm learning from this that I didn't know about prior.  It may have been public knowledge but I didn't know about a lot of this.  It wasn't on any of the other specials I saw.

I’m def watching that this weekend. 

• Like 1

Finished You season 2 last night.

Episodes 1-7 - 8/10

Episodes 8-10 - 3/10

You already have to suspend your disbelief quite a bit for this show, but something about it keeps me watching and it's entertaining.  But the show just went off the rails about 1/2 through the 8th episode, and then it just went downhill from there.  It just got so much more unbelievable and just out there that it kind of ruined it for me.  It's still entertaining, but the last few episodes I was watching them like "come on ... really?" the entire time.  It was almost like they didn't know how to wrap up the season so they decided to go this direction.

23 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Watched the 8 episode-Season 3 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.  Pretty good season.  I think next year's Season 4; will probably be it for the show. You can feel they are getting closer to a conclusion.

I'm a 53 year old man who is TOTALLY INTO the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Highlander the series....it’s on Amazon now.  One of my favorite shows of all time.  There can be only one ****es!

I haven't watched that in many years.  I find a lot of old shows seem cheesy watching them today.  Has this series handled the test of time well?

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I haven't watched that in many years.  I find a lot of old shows seem cheesy watching them today.  Has this series handled the test of time well?

this might be heresy, but Highlander was cheesy when it was running for real.  Still fun.  I think the sidekick died recently...

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think it's handled the test of time really good.  I have probably watched it through 5- 6 times since it originally aired, but I was a pretty big fan of it back then.

2 hours ago, dchogs said:

this might be heresy, but Highlander was cheesy when it was running for real.  Still fun.  I think the sidekick died recently...

A lot of the shows back in the 90s were cheesy, I never considered Highlander to be one of them, speaking directly to the series as a whole.  Sure there were some cheesy episodes and story lines here and there.  And like most shows  (even today), it's hard to continue to live up to the expectations of previous seasons and can get repetitive from time to time. 

I'll use spoiler tag, just in case some have never seen it before.

Spoiler

It had it's share of bad moments/story line like the best of them.  The Dark Quickening story with the demon was a little much at times.  My wife hated Tessa, always said she was a horrible actress lol.  And season 6 wasn't very good.  

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've always liked The Ranch on Netflix but man, it's going to some dark places.  Your thoughts, @TK?

First, have you finished the final season?  

If yes:  

Spoiler

I totally did not think about Heather being the one to kill Nick, I always expected it to be Rooster (off camera) and initially thought that's who Colt saw at the cabin that night.  

I think they took the opportunity to tackle dark issues we can relate with in the real world.  They just lumped a lot of that in the last couple of seasons, specifically with addiction, Alzheimer's (specifically watching a loved one's mind start fading away slowly), murder, life struggles with job/business, etc.

Yes, darker than earlier seasons, but they have always sprinkled in dark issues in some capacity.