Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I earned my avatar. Be jealous because now I stand out from the rest of you.

skinsfan913

My "Scarlet Letter" is in my sig. Its what I get for not knowing anything about pixels. Its apparently permanent. Oh well, at least its burgundy and gold.

This thread is great. Only interesting one of the off-season so far.

Apparently is a word so pregnant with assumption. ;)

I wonder what I would do in such a situation? <insert missing and missed grin smiley>

Wait! I know! I'd read the rule carefully (like I agreed to do with all of the rules when I registered) PM a mod, apologize for breaking the rule, indicate that I know how to follow it now (like I agreed to do with all of the rules when I registered) and promise to do such, and ask if it's possible regain the lost privilege in question.

I wasn't the mod involved, but I wonder what you did that has resulted in no change? :)

I do not accept the idea that your screen name (which I have always loved) reflects your true assessment of your abilities. Mainly because it's the only actual rule violation in your user notes. :pfft:

Now there are cases like iggy in the OP, where other stuff they do puts them in a special group where they may simply be ignored and left to flail, while we wonder if they'll ever develop enough sense to think their way out of that paper bag. That way, when they don't, or when they go further down Ballistic Avenue, we just enjoy that unneeded but always entertaining affirmation that we have, once again, done something right. :ols:

:cheers:

---------- Post added January-31st-2013 at 09:17 AM ----------

Really though, in the grand scheme of things, it's a message board. I'm NNT'd right now after making a duplicate thread. Know what? Don't really care. There are better people here for starting threads.

Just don't overlook the fact that if you ever change your mind, amigo (and I really respect your comment) that not only have we done many sticky threads over the years on how to get out of NNT, and made literally hundreds of instructional posts in various threads, but the way to get out has always been right there in the rules...if people would just read them. :ols:

That's why seeing someone who has been "in" NNT for any time is always sending one of two messages--they either don't care or....:evilg:...and either message is reflecting is their choice. :)

Humans can be cuh-razzzzzzzzzy and ****. :cool:

---------- Post added January-31st-2013 at 09:22 AM ----------

So the wrinkled got more wrinkled. :silly:

At least I was the only not having to make excuses about "shrinkage" after skiing. :pfft:

There are so many other message boards out there that going through the trouble of making a thread like this seems odd. I mean I've had my run-ins with Jumbo but he's never seemed to be too disrespectful towards me or really anyone that I have noticed. It seems like a very enjoyable place to read and post but it's quite obvious if you do not follow the rules you'll be on vacation for awhile or in this case given an odd avatar. The amazing thing is I probably wouldn't have paid very much attention to the avatar had you not even mentioned it...

To launch into a discussion of the board, this place is IMO, one of the best on the internet. While people might say there are antics, I disagree on the amount. Sure, there are antics going on, but not in a bad way, and if you stick around, you can get some of the best, most insightful analysis out there.

I've learned probably a similar amount in the 18ish months I've been on this board as I learned in the previous 12ish years of following football. I had never really delved too deeply into the minutiae of the game, but here it's everywhere provided you look for it. Just by osmosis people can have their football knowledge multiplied many fold. Guys like KDawg, darrellgreenie, LL56, Murf, DC9 and so many more provide such good insight into the game. Great place, fun, and always good discussions to be had. I always have an ExtremeSkins tab open, and with good reason.

I can understand that it gets frustrating when the mods hand out vacations like candy, and i have received them too. But its quite simple, love them or hate them, they are the mods and they have the authority to do it. I received a ban for copying and replying to a message, and I guess the original post was too big to copy or whatever. I didnt complain or cry, they have the authority to do it. If you dont like it, there are many other message boards. You choose to be here, so like I said hate or love them, they aint going anywhere so suck it up and stop crying.

Good thing he was leaving this board immediately. Like a year and a half ago. :ols:
I have been a member of this forum since 2003 and I have REPEATEDLY asked for one of the mods to explain to me why my avatar is a pic of some guy looking up his butt! I guess this may be some sort of joke to them but its in very very poor taste. I have IM'd them to ask to have it removed and have NEVER gotten a reply. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF THIS DUMB ASS PIC IS REMOVED FROM MY PAGE. I would love to remain a member of this site but if this is how you treat your members I would rather find a different board to become a member of!

Originally Posted by skinsfan913

Dont know if I'll get banned for this post and at this point could care less! However, if I do I will promise to NEVER come back to this board and will make it my mission to expose the truths about ES on every social media outlet I can! GO SKINS!!!!

If you get banned how would you ever come back, and btw toodles I guess. I will personally miss seeing your avatar.

People that get custom avatars, NNT, blocked Sigs, Banned, re-banned, and perma-banned almost always amuse me. Kinda like the criminal that keeps robbing a bank and insists that he did nothing wrong and asks the guards why he is in the poke.

I find it hard to believe that the mods hand out vacations like candy. I've gotten a couple of infractions in my time here and none of them resulted in any kind of temp-ban. The one time I was given read only I immediately PM'd a mod with an apology and immediately had my posting rights restored. It's not that hard folks.

I can also imagine if he sent a PM to a Mod with that kind of attitude, it's like adding gasoline to a forest fire. I've been in a situation where I got a week off, I emailed a Mod to find out what rule I broke (I really didn't know) and apoligized and explained my position calmly, diplomatically and maturely and you know what? Wow, low and behold a Mod was pretty nice to me and gave me a mulligan since I didn't act like a complete asshat about a message board. Approach people, approach. You know the old saying, "you get more flies with honey than vinegar."
I find it hard to believe that the mods hand out vacations like candy. I've gotten a couple of infractions in my time here and none of them resulted in any kind of temp-ban. The one time I was given read only I immediately PM'd a mod with an apology and immediately had my posting rights restored. It's not that hard folks.

Agree. See above. I did the same thing. Don't act like a jerk and you won't be treated like one.

I can understand that it gets frustrating when the mods hand out vacations like candy, and i have received them too. But its quite simple, love them or hate them, they are the mods and they have the authority to do it. I received a ban for copying and replying to a message, and I guess the original post was too big to copy or whatever. I didnt complain or cry, they have the authority to do it. If you dont like it, there are many other message boards. You choose to be here, so like I said hate or love them, they aint going anywhere so suck it up and stop crying.

Well, yeah, but people don't get a free pass on other aspects of accountability (or on "willful stupid") just for taking the above attitude. That suggests there's quite a bit you don't yet understand ES-wise (while I applaud what you do get :)). And if you want to talk abut "frustrating" (if you let it get to you), brother, you have zero idea. ;):):ols:

As far as "handing out vacations like candy" the actual truth is so way towards the opposite that it always cracks us up to read a perception like this one and know "oh, this guy got banned before." :ols:

Not trying to pile it on you, amigo, but I often use these threads, and some of the posts that always appear, as "teachable moments" or "learning opportunities." So even though I will use you here :evilg:, this is really meant in general.

Take the rule #11 you refer to in what certainly seems to be a passive/aggressive manner (no harm no foul, though)---it's a very valid rule, clearly explained so there's nothing to "guess" (your word) about. :)

And we have (as is our norm with various rules) even gone beyond it's listing in the rules page, to having posted sticky threads over the years on it, as well as giving innumerable warnings on the rule in innumerable threads and making innumerable edits of posts. This all takes up (needlessly, really, if adult people were marginally responsible) unpaid ES time of ours--we do log on for fun and the Redskins, too, you know-- that isn't required of a moderator, but we do it to help people AVOID being banned, knowing they're too damn lazy or clueless or willful to read and/or understand and follow the rules, even though every member registration binds them to doing it.

Yet you, as so many before you, ignore all that and blatantly violated it, and yes, got a week off. This is no different than getting a ticket for going 50mph in a clearly posted 35 zone, and then your response being "well, love it or hate it, the cops have that authority and there's no use complaining." WTF would there be to complain about (that was intelligent), other than yourself? :)

So while people are of course free to love/hate whatever, there's not some equivalence in merit with one to the other, or validity to any inference that board management matters here are arbitrary or based on whim as opposed to carefully and diligently designed with much intelligence and experience to make this a better discussion forum with standards beyond that of the typical (or lower) common denominators.

I get quite a few of PMs (and you see posts of the same nature) from moderators on other sites of all types telling me how much they appreciate how this one is run (including from a couple of good guys who mod at thecowboyzone and other rival fan sites). I don't say that for self-congratulatory purposes, but to show how others in a position to know evaluate our efforts.

I also will note two events these threads always draw--one is some folks with issues from past transgressions (not referring to you, 2323) with mods always appear and (ironically) play much the same general role as the OP in all such threads (they miss the irony of course) and there is usually at least one guy who gets himself banned in that process. That hasn't happened here yet. :ols:

Archived