Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox NFL Sunday via Jay Glazer: Dan Snyder not Happy with Coach Shanahan's Comments After Carolina Game.

Boss_Hogg

From reading the tea leaves, it seems that we are at a crossroads. There are many, like myself, who would like to see Shanny get another year. There are many that would like to serve Shanny his pink slip personally. I can see both sides of the debate, each one having its own merit. We have RG3, the injuries, etc. on one hand. On the other hand, we have the penalties, the awful defense, and the continued losing.

I would really like Shanny to work out. It would give us some stability and continuity that we've been sorely lacking as an organization. However, if he got fired in the next few weeks (if we continue to crash and burn), I'm not so much of a homer as to not understand why. This is a results based business, with the results being "W"'s. I was sincerely hoping that we could snag a few of those along the "rebuilding" way, because it would've kept the "fire Mike" talk from bubbling up. Unfortunately, that's not what has transpired, and here we are.

One thing I think is certain at this point is that the match has been lit. As mentioned in this thread, Glazer doesn't just drop these little nuggets without there being an angle. The angle is simple. If Shanny does not improve the play of this years team before the end of the season, he will be fired. The snowball is in motion, and sometimes these things take on the feeling of a "perfect storm". For instance, look at who we got coming to Fedex next week. The reeling Eagles, who still have plenty of speed to burn on O to abuse our weak secondary. If we don't win that game, Shanny's in serious trouble.

I will go out on a limb and say that I think Kyle/Raheem could be the biggest losses in this whole fiasco. People tend to forget how young they both are. I think they're both great football minds with great futures ahead of them. I would not be shocked to see either or both of them go on to win a ring or two down the line, whether they are in the B&G or not.

He should be upset. Anyone that heard the presser live after the game heard the give up talk Shanahan put out there. The skins with 3 division wins will find themselves at worst 2nd in the East game behind the Giants and at Best tied or have the outright division lead. It's not like these are unwinnable games against division power houses either. Yes I realize our defense is ranked 67th in a 32 team league, but that's for us fans to point out and doom and gloom about, not the organization. I gurantee you Robert Griffin III plans to win the next 3 games to get back into the race, not for evaluations looking forward to next year. Couldn't imagine being a season ticket holder and be paying 100s of dollars a home game to see player evaluations. Man we need a win bad this coming Sunday lol. If our defense would play subpar instead of historically bad and with some luck we can win 6 of the next 7.

Glazer is where you send your intentional leaks

Dan wanted this out there. I find that interesting

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 04:41 PM ----------

Glazer broke the trade we made for RGIII

It is your mistake for dismissing this.

Lets see a 2 time winning Super Bowl coach.Has all the creds a team wants in improving it's franchise. Paid what 7 million a year for his expertise. A 14-27 record so far through his 5 year contract. About half way. A 59 point bashing by a division opponent, uncountable games with little or no emotion from the team, A D & ST units that have fallen off the track this year. A ST team coach who's unit consistently costs us games, Numerous draft day questionable moves and some brilliant. The product on the field is a reflection of the HC's aptitute and or ambition. IMO MS lacks in both departments relative to the others in his profession. With results MS has produced thus far and a comment like that DS has a right to be upset.

Glazer is well respected amongst the football community...he wasn't starting a rumor. He was stating the obvious
The obvious, huh? A week after the comment was made, five days after the end of two and a half days of media exaggeration and over-interpretation and Shananhan explaining his comments (but not ONCE in that time period was there ever any report of evidence that Dan was upset, only pure speculation), and now Glazer, of all people, has the breaking news about how Dan Snyder feels, though Snyder refuses to talk with the press? Seriously? This is the type of story every Redskins fan should expect from JLC. That is the only thing that is obvious here.

Sad state of some Redskins fans these days... Ready to take any small victory they can get. A lot of us don't settle for a ok offense.

Seems to me, with our offense, if we patched our D a little we would have at least a couple more wins, what the hell, lets just throw the whole thing out, top 10 offense and all, its time to start over again....

I would have been more surprised if Snyder was okay with what Shanny had said. What owner wouldn't be upset?
Exactly. I think Dan was probably more upset because comments like that hit him in the wallet or pocketbook or man purse.

If it becomes evaluation time then those games become glorified preseason games and even if the tickets were sold, there may not be butts in the seats pounding 9$ beers and 10$ Johnny Rocket burgers.

You do not pull the plug until you are mathematically eliminated.

I've been entertaining the idea of moving on lately, but I don't think there is a story here. I'm sure every owner is unhappy with his coach 100 times per season.

Wasn't there a story about Kraft calling Belichick a schmuck after the spygate incident and being pissed about it?

I don't think its anything to worry about. I think Shanny's leash is getting shorter, but I can't see where it would make any sense to get rid of him after this season.

I've never understood why people get mad when the truth is spoken. Shanahan was correct, to imply otherwise is ridiculous. This team has quit on defense, the secondary is a joke, the front 4 can't get to a QB with a 2 second headstart and we play an incredibly tough 2nd half of the season against mostly division foes.

I've never understood why people get mad when the truth is spoken. Shanahan was correct, to imply otherwise is ridiculous. This team has quit on defense, the secondary is a joke, the front 4 can't get to a QB with a 2 second headstart and we play an incredibly tough 2nd half of the season against mostly division foes.

:ols:

So who do you blame? I would blame the guy who brought all these guys in right??

I'm not mad about what he said, but the reasons you listed above aren't exactly a ringing endorsement for Shanny. Anytime a team "quits" it's on the coach and his inability to motivate them even if they shouldn't have to be motivated. The secondary and the front four you mentioned were almost ALL selected by who? Shanny.

That's where his supporters are short-sighted. They say we have bad talent, but HE selected that talent.

Wasn't there a story about Kraft calling Belichick a schmuck after the spygate incident and being pissed about it?

I don't think its anything to worry about. I think Shanny's leash is getting shorter, but I can't see where it would make any sense to get rid of him after this season.

Ya it was on nfl.com yesterday. Basically Kraft called bill a schmuck when asked on a scale of 1-10 how much of an advantage was video taping the jets practice. And he said 1 so not really and then bam he called him tht. Also herm Edwards even waved into the camera when thy notices the video taping taking place.. Lol I had to say tht. Love it herm!

"After a few meetings last week Snyder, Allen, and Shanahan on the same Page for now" - From LL's twitter

Everyone kissed and made up...so now everyone on here can freak out about Nick Foles, Andrew Luck, and other things not related to the Skins

I'm sure emotions were running high after last week's debacle. Snyder is a fan just like all of us and it's not fair to assume taht because he's the owner, he should remain stoic or "medium" through the teams struggles.

That's where his supporters are short-sighted. They say we have bad talent, but HE selected that talent.

With limited means, let’s not forget. His first season, he was strapped, for the most part, to a group of over-priced players that Vinny brought in, on top of the craziest FA period due to the expiring CBA. The following season, we had a lockout and the craziest offseason the league has seen period. Year three starts with an $18 Million salary cap penalty for not breaking or violating any legal or written rule, handed down literally hours before FA starts, and you don't think this had any effect on the players he has on the current roster? People dismissing these things as mere excuses are out of their minds.

Let's put this past offseason in a perspective that people can understand. If you were told that you were approved for a mortgage of $220,000, so you created a plan around what house you were going to purchase as well as some of the upgrades you were going to get/do for that house within your approved budget, and as you are walking into close on the house, the bank calls and says, sorry, but we are now only going to give you $202,000, you would be completely screwed. It doesn't matter how much you saved and planned. IT won’t matter how perfectly you budgeted your resources. If you went into making decisions based on a set amount of money and have a chunk of that money taken away at the last minute, you’re saving and planning is going to be for naught. Forget the upgrades you were planning, you'd be pressed to be able to keep the house in the first place.

Shanny said from day one it would take five years, not 2.5, but five complete seasons to change the culture of this team and get it where we want it to be. He blatantly said not to hire him if he was not going to get the five years to complete the job. When he said that, there was no way he could have known about the unprecedented setbacks the League was going to bestow upon the team. He was given five years, and almost every poster on this board preached patience when he was hired and again when we drafted RG3. Yet, many of those same posters have turned hypocritical, of course, and can’t/won’t practice what they preached. At times like these, it disappoints me as a fan, because Redskins fans are supposed to be better and more knowledgeable than Philly and Dallas fans. We’re surely not showing that.

I understand that Taylor 36, but Shanny picked most of the current roster, he said we have "depth" on this team, his team is last in the league in penalties, no semblance of a two-minute offense, undiscplined, handpicked the other coaches, lost 9 out of the last 10 home games, compiled a 14-27 record, etc, etc, etc.

I am a Redskins fan and of course I want him to succeed, but I just don't see it happening.

With limited means, let’s not forget. His first season, he was strapped, for the most part, to a group of over-priced players that Vinny brought in, on top of the craziest FA period due to the expiring CBA. The following season, we had a lockout and the craziest offseason the league has seen period. Year three starts with an $18 Million salary cap penalty for not breaking or violating any legal or written rule, handed down literally hours before FA starts, and you don't think this had any effect on the players he has on the current roster? People dismissing these things as mere excuses are out of their minds.

Those arguments are all so flawed with the exception of capgate

1) He added overpriced and old players in addition to giving away draft picks. Yeah he got rid of a lot of old guys...but he added McNabb. That in itself made the 2010 season a fail and punched a hole in the rebuild before it even really started.

2) Every team dealt with the same 2010 free agency issues

3) Every team dealt with the lockout (apparently most did a better job as well)

Archived