Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox NFL Sunday via Jay Glazer: Dan Snyder not Happy with Coach Shanahan's Comments After Carolina Game.

Boss_Hogg

If Dan was happy about his comments I'd really be concerned. I can't believe how many people would like to see Shanahan go. Nothing wrong with criticizing him, but to actually want him fired at this point is asinine.

All I can say is people, be careful what you wish for. I'm sure there is another Zorn or Spurrier out there somewhere just relishing the chance to be named Redskins head coach.

Or two Harbaugh's, McCarthy, or Paguano who took a dismal 2-14 team in his first year to being relevant and Chuck is not evaluating talent when the team has a chance to make the playoffs.

Or two Harbaugh's, McCarthy, or Paguano who took a dismal 2-14 team in his first year to being relevant and not evaluating talent.

The Ravens and Packers had rosters that did not need to be blown up and owners who did not need to stay out of the Football decisions. The vehicle was already running, they just had to have the right person get in and drive. Are you really going to tell me the Redskins in 2009 were the same?

The Colts are the exception to the rule, not the rule. You can't base organizational decisions off of freak examples like that one.

Yes, I too frequently reminisce about the good old days when Danny Boy was attactively involved in day to day football operations.

I appreciate your sarcasm, but you misunderstand. It's healthy to have be humbled from time to time and Shanahan's arrogance knows no bounds. It might do him some good to have a little fear and be reminded he can't be out there coasting. Nobody's suggesting Snyder become involved in day to day operations again.

Maybe a chat with the owner will prevent such comments from being made the next time.

At the end of the day, where is this team going? Unless Mike does something dramatic the team will not be .500 in any of his three years. Mike try to sell me a washed up McNabb. Then, Mike tried to sell me a junior high quarterback in John Beck, and now after losing to a 1 and 7 team that was blasted today, I should not believe a report that Snyder was not upset with Mike's comments from last week! Really. I am very happy Snyder is pissed with Shanahan because the man needs a wake up call. Mike has changed some of his ways with catering to RG3 but it is time for Mike to change completely especially when it comes to evaluating talent. Defense is ranked last, or damn near. Still have not found a young stud wr. Offensive line is better but lacks depth. Finally hit on a rb but Morris is not getting the carries he deserve. The team is in neutral people instead of going up and at the rate Mike is coaching and evaluating talent it is going down.

I don't understand why it bothers you that I'm more skeptical than you are. :ols:

I find it funny that those of you that are absloutely rabid to nuke this team and start all over are latching on to anything you can.

No matter how desperate. :ols:

Find me one post of mine that has said anything about firing anyone now/starting over

lol, nice... I have to say something here. I hate when people do this. You've posted everything BUT saying to fire anyone. You've alluded to it, danced around it, bashed the entire direction of the team a thousand times, flippantly pointed out how some are going to start threads with "excuses" like "the cap penalty" or "injuries" when defending Mike or anyone else for that matter, etc...

Oh, and you ever so calmly played "devil's advocate" just a few posts above me here. Hilarious.

Yeah, good for you. You didn't say fire anyone. :ols:

Come on, Brave, don't be so dense with SkinsGuy. You know exactly what he's talking about.

lol, nice... I have to say something here. I hate when people do this. You've posted everything BUT saying to fire anyone. You've alluded to it, danced around it, bashed the entire direction of the team a thousand times, flippantly pointed out how some are going to start threads with "excuses" like "the cap penalty" or "injuries" when defending Mike or anyone else for that matter, etc...

Oh, and you ever so calmly played "devil's advocate" just a few posts above me here. Hilarious.

Yeah, good for you. You didn't say fire anyone. :ols:

*me not taking the bait* :pfft::pfft:

At the end of the day, where is this team going? Unless Mike does something dramatic the team will not be .500 in any of his three years. Mike try to sell me a washed up McNabb. Then, Mike tried to sell me a junior high quarterback in John Beck, and now after losing to a 1 and 7 team that was blasted today, I should not believe a report that Snyder was not upset with Mike's comments from last week! Really. I am very happy Snyder is pissed with Shanahan because the man needs a wake up call. Mike has changed some of his ways with catering to RG3 but it is time for Mike to change completely especially when it comes to evaluating talent. Defense is ranked last, or damn near. Still have not found a young stud wr. Offensive line is better but lacks depth. Finally hit on a rb but Morris is not getting the carries he deserve. The team is in neutral people instead of going up and at the rate Mike is coaching and evaluating talent it is going down.

Not even not .500, but also seemingly getting further away from it.

I appreciate your sarcasm, but you misunderstand. It's healthy to have be humbled from time to time and Shanahan's arrogance knows no bounds. It might do him some good to have a little fear and be reminded he can't be out there coasting. Nobody's suggesting Snyder become involved in day to day operations again.

Maybe a chat with the owner will prevent such comments from being made the next time.

Nah I knew what you meant (and don't disagree). Just wanted to point out the stark difference between where we are now vs Zorn, both from both personnel and ownership involvement perspective.

:cheers:

The Ravens and Packers had rosters that did not need to be blown up and owners who did not need to stay out of the Football decisions. The vehicle was already running, they just had to have the right person get in and drive. Are you really going to tell me the Redskins in 2009 were the same?

The Colts are the exception to the rule, not the rule. You can't base organizational decisions off of freak examples like that one.

San Francisco was in a mess before Harbaugh and company might I add in a gm came to town. Baltimore had a solid front office but Billick was holding the team back from being relevant with his coaching decisions and some can say Ozzie needed a franchise qb. Green Bay had more drama than General Hospital before they won their Super Bowl especially with their defense and the Favre drama. To say all the teams I mentioned were peaches and creme then I would say check their history and their history mirrors the Skins in 2009 but the difference is they made the important decisions in picking the right people to lead thus their major problems were erased.

Glazer is well respected amongst the football community...he wasn't starting a rumor. He was stating the obvious

So what is his source? To whom is he attributing this tidbit of knowledge?

I'm sorry, no matter how well respected he is, it still fits the definition of a rumor. Of course, sometimes rumors are true, but so what? Unless Shanahan gets fired this week, it doesn't really matter.

If Dan was happy about his comments I'd really be concerned. I can't believe how many people would like to see Shanahan go. Nothing wrong with criticizing him, but to actually want him fired at this point is asinine.

All I can say is people, be careful what you wish for. I'm sure there is another Zorn or Spurrier out there somewhere just relishing the chance to be named Redskins head coach.

And how much better has Shanahan been then Zorn and spurrier, your acting as if hes been any better then thise guys. Some of you fans gotta stop looking at the guys name and start looking at the results. So far as a Redskins head coach Shanahan has been terrible!

Yeah, or there's a Mike Jones/John Harbaugh/Jim Harbaugh/Sean Peyton/Gary Kubiak/....., the list of successful coaches who have been hired from being coordinators is a long one. Just because we've failed to find a coach in the past doesn't mean we'll fail this time. What about a 6-10, 5-11, and 3-6 record inspires confidence in Shanahan?

I mean its one thing to say give him another year, stuff, but to say that this type of thinking is asanine? really?

I'll throw this out there, as a fan of The Redskins for 38 years, and someone who bleeds burgundy and gold, I've said this once, and i will say it again, if Snyder fires Shanny before the end of his contract I am officially turning in my Redskins fan card. Dan Snyder has chased off plenty of solid Redskins fans in his time, i will be adding my name to that list.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 09:48 PM ----------

Firing Mike Shanahan would be idiotic now, at the end of the year, or anytime between now and the end of the 2013 season. Redskins fans never learn man.

ou have to look at the big picture, not just the record. There are reasons beyond Shanahan's control contributing to the lack of success the team has had. No need to rehash them all again here, but firing Shanahan would do nothing but set us back again, and give the impression that Dan Snyder is still Dan Snyder.

How on earth would that be good for the fan base or the organization?

EXACTLY, screw what Dan Snyder thinks, we asked for a GM a few years ago, now we want Snyder making decisions again? WE SUCK MAJOR ...... as a fan base, be patient people.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 09:54 PM ----------

Yeah, or there's a Mike Jones/John Harbaugh/Jim Harbaugh/Sean Peyton/Gary Kubiak/....., the list of successful coaches who have been hired from being coordinators is a long one. Just because we've failed to find a coach in the past doesn't mean we'll fail this time. What about a 6-10, 5-11, and 3-6 record inspires confidence in Shanahan?

I mean its one thing to say give him another year, stuff, but to say that this type of thinking is asanine? really?

Have you been watching Redskins football over the past twenty years? I'm pretty sure the last thing we need is a head coaching change.

So what is his source? To whom is he attributing this tidbit of knowledge?

I'm sorry, no matter how well respected he is, it still fits the definition of a rumor. Of course, sometimes rumors are true, but so what? Unless Shanahan gets fired this week, it doesn't really matter.

I don't know if you read LL's post but Glazer and Bruce Allen are pals. Maybe it's him

Have you been watching Redskins football over the past twenty years? I'm pretty sure the last thing we need is a head coaching change.

Why? Because it didn't work last time? Are you saying that Shanny should have a lifetime contract because change is never good? My argument against firing Zorn was that we should give him (any coach) 3 years to implement his plan, that's enough time to install your system, draft your players and start seeing the effects. We've seen a simple roller coaster with Shanny with the end result of being unable to break 7 wins in a season. That doesn't impress me so I have no problem with a coaching change.

In fact I'd advocate it because all we've done with having Shanny in charge of personnel is replace one demon with another. Danny doesn't know personnel and neither does Shanny. Shanny's drafts have produced 5 legit starters (Trent, Riley, Kerriker, RG3, Morris). We're still grading the rest of his picks, but lets not act like thats some kind of a superstar draft record. And lets not act like he's got some history as a talent evaluator to rest on. He had crappy drafts in Denver and his drafts here are not much (if any) better.

I'd like for us to for once go the conventional route and draft a talented coordinator as a head coach and build through the draft as most teams do. Sure its not a guarantee to work, but neither has Snyder's method of hiring these superstar coaches who are supposed to suddenly right the franchise. But eventually we'll learn.

Watching the Redskins has become like watching the Wizards. Its like a race to who can ruin Washington Sports memories worse.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 10:25 PM ----------

Yeah, that top 10 offense is freaking pathetic, I mean 30 points a game, thats some serious bs.

It really is, I mean I really enjoy going to the sports bar and talking to my friends who are Giants, Ravens, Steelers or 49ers fans and tell then, yeah I know we're a joke of a franchise for the past 20 or so years, but we've got a top 10 offense this year. How do you like that? That sure shuts them up.:ols:

Are you saying that Shanny should have a lifetime contract because change is never good?

No man. Nobody is saying that, but wouldn't it feel good to support "our guy" every once in a while. Maybe right now we just need to throw our support behind the Coach, acknowledge that things haven't gone great, but that we still have faith he can get the job done. They say that the night is darkest just before the dawn. Maybe this week is the week things get turned around and we never look back.

There may be a time for the organization and Shanahan to part ways, but not until he has had a fair shake, and has had a chance to experience a season without all the adversity the team has had over the past couple of years for issues beyond his control.

Archived