Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox NFL Sunday via Jay Glazer: Dan Snyder not Happy with Coach Shanahan's Comments After Carolina Game.

Boss_Hogg

Glazer is where you send your intentional leaks

Dan wanted this out there. I find that interesting

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 04:41 PM ----------

He was making stuff up.

Glazer, respected or not, has no direct line to Snyder. I doubt he even has an indirect line.

Glazer broke the trade we made for RGIII

It is your mistake for dismissing this.

How do you know this?

Snyder is a very private guy when it comes to his ownership.

Do you believe a guy like Snyder called Glazer and said "I'm pissed at Shanahan for what he said". :rolleyes:

Doubtful.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

Glazer is where you send your intentional leaks

Dan wanted this out there. I find that interesting

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 04:41 PM ----------

Glazer broke the trade we made for RGIII

It is your mistake for dismissing this.

Glazer could've got info from the Rams.

I doubt very much he got it directly from Snyder.

And you are frothing at the mouth, dude.

um...what?

Glazer has a lot of sources around the league. That's known. Is it that crazy to believe he has a few at Ashburn? They would probably know how Snyder was feeling and told Glazer.

Why is that so hard to believe? Does it mean that Shanahan is getting canned tomorrow? No

I don't understand what your problem is with this situation

Do you believe a guy like Snyder called Glazer and said "I'm pissed at Shanahan for what he said". :rolleyes:

Doubtful.

I honestly don't know what happened or how he got the info, but everyone here is saying Glazer is pretty spot on when it comes to these kinds of things.

um...what?

Glazer has a lot of sources around the league. That's known. Is it that crazy to believe he has a few at Ashburn? They would probably know how Snyder was feeling and told Glazer.

Why is that so hard to believe? Does it mean that Shanahan is getting canned tomorrow? No

I don't understand what your problem is with this situation

I don't understand why it bothers you that I'm more skeptical than you are. :ols:

I find it funny that those of you that are absloutely rabid to nuke this team and start all over are latching on to anything you can.

No matter how desperate. :ols:

Nothing will happen until the end of the year, I think that's only fair to give Mike and the team a chance to show something else. But if I'm Dan, 5 year plan or not, I'm thinking about moving on and giving my franchise QB that SHOULD be QBing a playoff-borderline playoff team right now a real shot at success.

Because right now, no matter the QB, Mike is delivering the same results, even the offensive output, let's be honest, has been lame though a lot of that is because the D can't get off the field.

Firing Mike Shanahan would be idiotic now, at the end of the year, or anytime between now and the end of the 2013 season. Redskins fans never learn man.

I guarantee you that every talking head that is criticizing Shanahan up and down for his comments and his record would BUTCHER Dan Snyder in the news if he was to fire Shanahan early. As much as they are criticizing Shanahan for his comments, they would absolutely love the opportunity to find a new reason to bash Snyder.

Do all of you really want to go through all that again? 2009 revisited?

It's only been 2.5 years people. Where are all those who were talking about patience and giving somebody a chance in 2009? You have to look at the big picture, not just the record. There are reasons beyond Shanahan's control contributing to the lack of success the team has had. No need to rehash them all again here, but firing Shanahan would do nothing but set us back again, and give the impression that Dan Snyder is still Dan Snyder.

How on earth would that be good for the fan base or the organization?

Doubtful.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 04:48 PM ----------

Glazer could've got info from the Rams.

I doubt very much he got it directly from Snyder.

I think this is the first time I have ever heard Snyder is a private guy with his ownership... Are we talking about the same guy?

Zoony hit it spot on.. Stuff like this are leaked to gauge what the fan reaction is Imo. I want Shanny to stay and win games but as each day passes it seems like the kindling is starting smoke..

Firing Mike Shanahan would be idiotic now, at the end of the year, or anytime between now and the end of the 2013 season. Redskins fans never learn man.

I guarantee you that every talking head that is criticizing Shanahan up and down for his comments and his record would BUTCHER Dan Snyder in the news if he was to fire Shanahan early. As much as they are criticizing Shanahan for his comments, they would absolutely love the opportunity to find a new reason to bash Snyder.

It's only been 2.5 years people. Where are all those who were talking about patience and giving somebody a chance in 2009? You have to look at the big picture, not just the record. There are reasons beyond Shanahan's control contributing to the lack of success the team has had. No need to rehash them all again here, but firing Shanahan would do nothing but set us back again, and give the impression that Dan Snyder is still Dan Snyder.

I'm not an advocate of firing him now (i think he bought himself at least the beginning of 2013 by getting RGIII) but to play devil's advocate here, I'm sure most talking heads would point to Shanahan's record after 3 seasons more than Snyder's history IMO

I'd be surprised if anyone here actually doubts this report. I'm not saying it will amount to anything, but given how mad a lot of fans were to hear this why would it surprise anyone that the owner bristled?

Exactly. Who was happy. Who is happy with the season so far? If a report came out that Snyder was happy, I would be worried that Snyder's not paying attention. The team is 3-6 and has looked dreadful the last 2 weeks. No one should be happy, especiallly not the owner.

Well not every talking head.. We have a NFL guest coming on Wednesday that thinks "Shannys been a big disappointment"..

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 10:17 PM ----------

Wow, I didn't know Bruce nd Glazer were broskies.

They are pretty cool.. Info flows both ways in these situations. Glazer broke the RG3 deal for a reason.

I'd have been shocked if Snyder wasn't upset about the comment. In fact, I'd be downright disappointed if he wasn't. He should have been.

The question is, so what. People get mad at their subordinates 6,467 times a day. It doesn't mean you fire them every time you're not happy with them.

I posted in some thread that I think Snyder actually needs to go over and put his arm around Shanahan, and support him. Privately. Not publicly. He apparently did this with Gibbs when Gibbs had the 2 TO disaster at the end of the Buffalo game in 2007. It's time for Snyder to be the team psychiatrist. Just don't make any personnel decisions or bring in any aging superstars.

Archived