Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox NFL Sunday via Jay Glazer: Dan Snyder not Happy with Coach Shanahan's Comments After Carolina Game.

Boss_Hogg

I saw that too. If the Redskins come out and lay an egg this weekend, look for Mike to be on the hot seat.

We just can't stay away from the drama.

Nope. It is what it is I guess. Get ready for 2 to 3 more years of suck, but at least the Shanahan haters will finally be rid of him and we can get our next huge embarrassing failure in here. What a bunch of dumb asses. Keep doing the same **** OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Nope. It is what it is I guess. Get ready for 2 to 3 more years of suck, but at least the Shanahan haters will finally be rid of him and we can get our next huge embarrassing failure in here. What a bunch of dumb asses. Keep doing the same **** OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Yah, at some point the fanbase might realize its Snyder.

I tell you Zoony I have been a loyal supporter of this team all my life, but I think I would have to take a step back from the team if Shanahan is gone at the end of this season. No way I could continue to stay as emotionally attached to the team. This team is never going to improve if it keeps changing direction and leadership every 2 or 3 years. I'm just not going to buy it anymore. I'm sick of this organization being the laughing stock of the NFL.

People need to be careful what they wish for, because they just might get it. The best thing that happens is the team gets hot and finishes out the season strong.

One thing that Mike rarely gets credit for here is the fact that he's quick to accept he made a mistake and move on, especially at the QB position. Just though I'd mention this after reading this article about Rex Ryan on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094581/article/why-did-new-york-jets-cut-danny-woodhead-rex-ryans-ego?icampaign=Fantasy_article

For all the talk of Mike's "ego", he hasn't done anything close to what's mentioned in that article.

And I agree with you guys right above me here... Snyder is the one who has brought us to this point where we actually NEED 5 years to get some semblance of competitive play. The ire should be directed at him.

Wow, LL twitter makes it seem like MS is not nearly as safe as I thought he was. Interesting.

Side note - while I appreciate all the insiders who give us tons of information, is anyone else concerned about how many leaks our team has? It seems like we have more leaks than most NFL teams.

Why do so many people seem to know way too much about our organization. I doubt you see this sort of leaks with good teams

Wow, LL twitter makes it seem like MS is not nearly as safe as I thought he was. Interesting.

Side note - while I appreciate all the insiders who give us tons of information, is anyone else concerned about how many leaks our team has? It seems like we have more leaks than most NFL teams.

Why do so many people seem to know way too much about our organization. I doubt you see this sort of leaks with good teams

yeah...it's odd

I assume LL has to work with the team and is probably risking his neck when giving up info

I tell you Zoony I have been a loyal supporter of this team all my life, but I think I would have to take a step back from the team if Shanahan is gone at the end of this season. No way I could continue to stay as emotionally attached to the team. This team is never going to improve if it keeps changing direction and leadership every 2 or 3 years. I'm just not going to buy it anymore. I'm sick of this organization being the laughing stock of the NFL.

People need to be careful what they wish for, because they just might get it. The best thing that happens is the team gets hot and finishes out the season strong.

What's hilarious (and I find myself in the same boat) is that this is the equivalent of a heroine addict saying this is the last time he's going to shoot up again right after he shoots up and is high. Once the stink of losing wears off and we have no football for an offseason we'll be right back on board with whatever gimmick Snyder comes up with to rile us up by the time training camp starts.

Nothing will happen until the end of the year, I think that's only fair to give Mike and the team a chance to show something else. But if I'm Dan, 5 year plan or not, I'm thinking about moving on and giving my franchise QB that SHOULD be QBing a playoff-borderline playoff team right now a real shot at success.

Because right now, no matter the QB, Mike is delivering the same results, even the offensive output, let's be honest, has been lame though a lot of that is because the D can't get off the field.

No, the Redskins are yielding the same result, year in and year out regardless of who the coach is and who is playing on the team. Let's be honest before we start pretending that all we need is this coach or that coach or this player or that player and it will all turn around. The franchise is unsuccessful. The only shame is that RG3 is stuck with this team. Even in the last couple of games our receivers are dropping balls that are right in their hands, which may eventually take him out of the running for Rookie of the Year. I mean the most ironic part is it used to be when we had a rotten Offense the only bright spot was an above average D. Now we are getting above average Offense and our D is close to the worst in the league. It is crazy stuff.

I know he's been a problem in the past, but I'm having trouble putting the Shanahan regime on him. This 3-6 record is all Shanahan's people. He hired the coaches and players. From where I'm at, Snyder has been as quiet as a mouse for the last few years. We're in year 3 and things look as bad as before Shanahan came.

I know he's been a problem in the past, but I'm having trouble putting the Shanahan regime on him. This 3-6 record is all Shanahan's people. He hired the coaches and players..

Exactly. Who would give a coach like Shanahan that kind of power?

Maybe the same owner that let him pick his own GM and call every other shot. Something competent organizations don't allow.

Again, this all comes back to organizational leadership. Snyder is clueless.

Exactly. Who would give a coach like Shanahan that kind of power?

Maybe the same owner that let him pick his own GM and call every other shot. Something competent organizations don't allow.

In that case, I agree.

Can't listen...what's the gist?

A lot about what I posted earlier (Shanny being called an "expensive joke" by a team exec and Dan telling Shanny to backtrack on the "evaluation" stuff"

Also, Slowik is trying to sabotage Morris out of being DC next year because Haslett is staying but will be gone in the offseason. (LL was pissed because he says that the coaches are more worried about fighting instead of the game Sunday)

We've reached out to Kyle for an extension but it's not 100% clear that he wants to stay and he WILL take a HC job if offered.

Oh and one of them says that Garcon's injury was made worse by the staff because they misdiagnosed it and he may be rushed back to give the team a better shot at winning games in order to save "someone"'s job

So basically, we are ****** and have more drama.

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 09:56 PM ----------

Hopefully, TK will come in and clarify more since he was present during the podcast

Snyder has been so focused on having the proper coach throughout his tenure as owner, and I hope Shanny's underwhelming performance in the W-L ledger to date is teaching Dan a lesson that its just not as simple as paying a pedigreed guy a lot of money and magic will happen just like that. Hopefully he is learning from this process.

Snyder has been so focused on having the proper coach throughout his tenure as owner, and I hope Shanny's underwhelming performance in the W-L ledger to date is teaching Dan a lesson that its just not as simple as paying a pedigreed guy a lot of money and magic will happen just like that. Hopefully he is learning from this process.

We need good, young talent at the GM position. Someone with fresh ideas. Someone who is HUNGRY to prove himself. An up and comer with a desire to pour everything he has into building a winner.

You give him the job and the expectations that come with the job. You then give him the tools he needs to get it done. You assess his performance to goal at the end of each season.

That's what you do.

You know what terrifies me? Snyder decides that he needs to hire a GM and he pays a GM "name" gobs of money to come in and try to replicate what he did with his old team back in 2001.

Of cours, Snyder will need to pay this GM gobs of money to consider coming here. The GM will also be guaranteed 5 years up front regardless of performance. Snyder will kiss his ass and go on scouting trips with him and be his buddy.

In short, we will be where we are now. A tired organization with tired ideas and no accountability for the bloated has beens running the show

I hope that Snyder doesn't delay publically expressing his full support for Mike Shanahan and for staying the course with MIke's approach for developing this this team.

It would also be important to let it be known that Shanahan will continue to guide this transition, and that if some players start to 'quit' on the head-coach -- well, those are players who may be leaving the team under less than ideal circumstances.

This media-created squabbling needs to be tamped down -- and Shanahan's authority re-established, at least through the end of the 2013 season. It's too early to consider blowing up the team, and any judgement of Shanahan should be based on Mike's performance in an environment of full front office and player support.

I hope that Snyder doesn't delay publically expressing his full support for Mike Shanahan and for staying the course with MIke's approach for developing this this team.

It would also be important to let it be known that Shanahan will continue to guide this transition, and that if some players start to 'quit' on the head-coach -- well, those are players who may be leaving the team under less than ideal circumstances.

This media-created squabbling needs to be tamped down -- and Shanahan's authority re-established, at least through the end of the 2013 season. It's too early to consider blowing up the team, and any judgement of Shanahan should be based on Mike's performance in an environment of full front office and player support.

Why do everyone think the team will be blown up if a new gm and coach come to town? The core pieces or players that have some value will remain but the dead weight would be buried in my opinion with a good gm. The Banks, Doughtys, Halls, Wilsons, Williams, Fletchers, and this lists is long would be gone next year any way. The only sure players on this team are Orakpo, Kerrigan, Trent Williams, RG3, Garcon, Morgan and Morris. To be honest these are the only players worth keeping but a person could make a case for the offensive line in its entirety because the line has played well but after that an over haul is needed on both sides of the ball.

The only sure players on this team are Orakpo, Kerrigan, Trent Williams, RG3, Garcon, Morgan and Morris. To be honest these are the only players worth keeping but a person could make a case for the offensive line in its entirety because the line has played well but after that an over haul is needed on both sides of the ball.

Other players worth keeping?

Just off the top of my head: Leonard Hankerson, Niles Paul, Roy Helu, Fred Davis, Aldrick Robinson, Josh LeRibeus, Adam Gettis, Darrel Young, Kirk Cousins, Jarvis Jenkins, Stephen Bowen, Perry Riley, Keenan Robinson, Lorenzo Alexander, Logan Paulsen, Richard Crawford, Adam Carriker, Kai Forbath, Nick Sundberg, Rob Jackson.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to keep the core of a top 10 offense learning a relatively new scheme under the direction of a rookie QB for longer than 9 games.

Also, just because a player doesn't produce like a pro-bowler by the age of 24 doesn't mean that the guy has no value for an NFL team.

A lot about what I posted earlier (Shanny being called an "expensive joke" by a team exec and Dan telling Shanny to backtrack on the "evaluation" stuff"

Also, Slowik is trying to sabotage Morris out of being DC next year because Haslett is staying but will be gone in the offseason. (LL was pissed because he says that the coaches are more worried about fighting instead of the game Sunday)

We've reached out to Kyle for an extension but it's not 100% clear that he wants to stay and he WILL take a HC job if offered.

Oh and one of them says that Garcon's injury was made worse by the staff because they misdiagnosed it and he may be rushed back to give the team a better shot at winning games in order to save "someone"'s job

So basically, we are ****** and have more drama.

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 09:56 PM ----------

Hopefully, TK will come in and clarify more since he was present during the podcast

Good lord.

Absolutely agree. If Snyder reneges on his agreement to let Shanahan have five years, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to trust him to stay out of his own way regardless of how Shanahan's tenure plays out. I've certainly given him the benefit of the doubt after stepping back after the fiasco that was 2009 but this is still effectively a trial period for his ability to be a smart owner.

Archived