Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox NFL Sunday via Jay Glazer: Dan Snyder not Happy with Coach Shanahan's Comments After Carolina Game.

Boss_Hogg

No man. Nobody is saying that, but wouldn't it feel good to support "our guy" every once in a while. Maybe right now we just need to throw our support behind the Coach, acknowledge that things haven't gone great, but that we still have faith he can get the job done. They say that the night is darkest just before the dawn. Maybe this week is the week things get turned around and we never look back.

There may be a time for the organization and Shanahan to part ways, but not until he has had a fair shake, and has had a chance to experience a season without all the adversity the team has had over the past couple of years for issues beyond his control.

If things don't turn aroun this year he's had his fair shake. At some point the W/L column needs to become a criteria by which we judge a head coach.

I agree, I think this is kind of a non-story in that regard. Who was happy with his comments after the game? Why should Dan S. be any different

this is a story because many fully expect Dan to be Dan and do something stupid like fire Shanahan half-way through his contract, and make no mistake...they would be thrilled if that happened.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 10:57 PM ----------

I agree, I think this is kind of a non-story in that regard. Who was happy with his comments after the game? Why should Dan S. be any different

this is a story because many fully expect Dan to be Dan and do something stupid like fire Shanahan half-way through his contract, and make no mistake...they would be thrilled if that happened.

No man. Nobody is saying that, but wouldn't it feel good to support "our guy" every once in a while. Maybe right now we just need to throw our support behind the Coach, acknowledge that things haven't gone great, but that we still have faith he can get the job done. They say that the night is darkest just before the dawn. Maybe this week is the week things get turned around and we never look back.

There may be a time for the organization and Shanahan to part ways, but not until he has had a fair shake, and has had a chance to experience a season without all the adversity the team has had over the past couple of years for issues beyond his control.

Sorry, I'm not a man of faith. I'm a man of facts and figures and right now the facts and figures don't support Shanny being given beyond this year. Like I said, I support coaches being given 3 years to prove themselves (hence I wasn't calling for him to be fired last year and I didn't want Zorn fired), but the way this team looks right now is just embarrassing. What do you call a fair shake? I call that 3 years. He knew the situation we were in when he took over and he still took the job. If he didn't think he could get it done given the circumstances he shouldn't have taken it. Every team has adversity, but how much of this was brought about because of him, like Haynesworth and the conditioning test or McNabb and the whole 2 minute drill or Jamaal Brown trade?

I don't support coaches, I root for my city and if I feel that a coach is holding back the team representing my city then I'm going to go against that coach and call for him to be replaced. I take this responsibility as a fan seriously and so I try to be rational with this, but I feel like the Shanny experiment has run its course and I have no problem with him being dismissed at the end of the year.

---------- Post added November-11th-2012 at 11:15 PM ----------

Nah, I honestly want Danny to stay out of it. I want the GM to do HIS job and fire the coach. This is why we wanted a GM in the first place - to serve as the manager of the team and have a view of the operations of the team not just over the next year or so, but also over the next 5-10 years and longer than that. I have more respect for Allen than I do for Shanny and I'm curious to see if he's willing to do what must be done to the person who practically got him his job.

What do you call a fair shake? I call that 3 years. He knew the situation we were in when he took over and he still took the job. If he didn't think he could get it done given the circumstances he shouldn't have taken it. Every team has adversity, but how much of this was brought about because of him, like Haynesworth and the conditioning test or McNabb and the whole 2 minute drill or Jamaal Brown trade?

How about the lock-out, shortened free agency, the Haynesworth deal, numerous injuries to key players over the last two years, capgate. Are those his fault? A fair shake could be 3 years depending on the context and circumstances, but you have to admit that the last 3 years for the Redskins have been anything but a NORMAL 3 NFL years.

I take this responsibility as a fan seriously and so I try to be rational with this, but I feel like the Shanny experiment has run its course and I have no problem with him being dismissed at the end of the year.

Well, it is what it is then. I take my fandom as serious as anyone I know also, and I think it would be a bad move. I think it's too early, and I think a few things go better for us and we are in the playoffs.

When Jack Kent Cooke owned the team he kept the pressure on Gibbs even after he won his first Super Bowl. Pressure is good for the coaches to feel. I wonder though if Shanny even respects our owner.

I wonder about that also. I don't have any inside information or anything like that but to me Shanahan doesn't really act like he respects Snyder and that is Snyders fault for the way he chased after and courted Shanahan to come here. If the stories are right that are out there about how Snyder flew to Colorado and almost begged him to take over the team, well that is pathetic.

I hope that he was mad and I hope that he let Shanahan know it. I sure don't want Snyder EVER making personel decisions again but I do hope that he lets Shanahan know that he does have to answer to somebody. His arrogance is off the charts for the little that he has accomplished since he took over this team.

I am also getting really tired of hearing people complain constantly about the cap penalty. I know that is was wrong, I know the timing of it was horrible but if Shanahan is as good and smart at personel decisions as he seems to think he is, he should have been able to adjust and pick better players to give the money to that he did have to spend. Vincent Jackson could have been picked up for roughly the same money that Garcon and Morgan got. In fact, instaed of spending 30 million per year on Garcon, Morgan, Carriker, Fletcher, Merriweather & Cedric Griffin he could have spent that same amount on Reggie Wayne, Eric Winston, Dan Conner, Aubrayo Franklin, Tracey Porter, Dwight Lowery, Joselio Hanson, Tom Zbikowski & Mario Manningham.

I don't really want him fired, I just think he needs to do a much better job and maybe lose that chip he has got on his shoulder.

No one wants to honestly look at those things, Painkiller. They take the easy road and say something to the tune of "good coaches don't make excuses" because it sounds wonderful coming off the tongue.

Which teams were rebuilding and had to deal with all of that? Not one. Ever. How many players did we cut in 2010 who didn't make another NFL roster again or, if they did, produced nothing? Yeah.

Not one of the teams they point to and say "see, there's a quick turn around" have had to endure what we have. The Lions are the closest and they're STILL struggling, while having top 3 draft picks the majority of their rebuild as well as number one guys like Calvin Johnson already on their team.

How many owners are happy after losing a home game with dozens of alumni looking on in the fashion we did?

We get these "Dan Snyder is not happy" comments like once a year.

it was more the post game comments that caused the issue.. game wasnt good either tho

---------- Post added November-12th-2012 at 04:28 AM ----------

lol, was that a hint?

hint at what ? lol confused

No one wants to honestly look at those things, Painkiller. They take the easy road and say something to the tune of "good coaches don't make excuses" because it sounds wonderful coming off the tongue.

Which teams were rebuilding and had to deal with all of that? Not one. Ever. How many players did we cut in 2010 who didn't make another NFL roster again or, if they did, produced nothing? Yeah.

Not one of the teams they point to and say "see, there's a quick turn around" have had to endure what we have. The Lions are the closest and they're STILL struggling, while having top 3 draft picks the majority of their rebuild as well as number one guys like Calvin Johnson already on their team.

I've seen people talk about how quickly the Lions turned around, while conveniently ignoring how bad Matthew Stafford has regressed, how little production Calvin Johnson is getting and how Suh has been a non-factor. They had glaring holes on their team this year; their d-line can't stop the run, their secondary can't cover. They play undisciplined football, Stafford can't seem to function if he can't get Megatron the ball. They're 4-5, buried in the division, and have to deal with the Packers, Texans, Falcons and Bears, and even a sneaky team like the Colts.

And how many guys on their team got arrested this past offseason? Is that the team we want?

Some quick turn around...

I've seen people talk about how quickly the Lions turned around, while conveniently ignoring how bad Matthew Stafford has regressed, how little production Calvin Johnson is getting and how Suh has been a non-factor. They had glaring holes on their team this year; their d-line can't stop the run, their secondary can't cover. They play undisciplined football, Stafford can't seem to function if he can't get Megatron the ball. They're 4-5, buried in the division, and have to deal with the Packers, Texans, Falcons and Bears, and even a sneaky team like the Colts.

And how many guys on their team got arrested this past offseason? Is that the team we want?

Some quick turn around...

Yup... what gets me is if Mike came into the exact same situation that Lions staff came into and had all those top picks, imagine where he'd have them right now. Think about it. Mike has thus far turned our 1st rounders into Trent, Kerrigan and RG3. Granted, RG3 needed 3 of them as well as a 2nd, but the Lions had top 3 picks every time and we never did. Imagine if the Lions couldn't get Stafford, where would they be right now?

The Lions situation is the closest one that resembled our rebuild and, yet, I look at their team and look at ours and see a much better future for us. Imagine that. And they had a head start by a year, had the number one pick of the draft to start with, top 3 picks pretty much every year after that, AND didn't have to deal with contracts like Haynesworth's and capgate consequentially.

Archived