Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Shanahan's given up, what hope do we really have with him? A pretty darn disappointed and disillusioned long time backer of the HC.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

So coach speaks up and tells the truth and you jump all over him?

Don't tell me you your self doesn't see the season as being over?

Another Knee Jerk Thread

Exactly. The season as far as competition is done. Better someone say that and put non contributors on notice.

Not taking sides one way or the other, but many people on this board we talking about the season being lost weeks ago because of our ****ty secondary. Suddenly, everyone wants to fire Shanahan.

Let's remember, our overall defense was lacking on talent. Now, Orakpo and Carriker are gone. Face it, we weren't that good when they were playing. The only decent player in the secondary is Hall, and he is average. Fletcher aged a lot this summer and should retire after the season. Throw in crap schemes and you have a recipe for disaster.

We have 2 decent receivers, Garcon and Moss, and only one of them has played any real time this year, and he's the aging one. Brown hasn't seen the field, and probably wont. Helu is out, Royster is weak. The salary cap debacle cost us at least 2, and as many as 3, starters. We also traded a second pick away to move up for RG3. Plus, we took Cousins in the 4th, meaning that we essentially gave up two high pics this year. That is a lot for 1 team to absorb in a year and be competitive.

Not saying Kyle's play calling is great, but until last week, it was scoring us some points. Either he lost his touch, or they have seen enough of us to have an idea what's coming.

I read the first page of you whining and then replied. Did at some point on page 2 you realize how silly this thread was and ask that it be ignored?

If not, my point stands.

I see.

So apparently he's either above reproach for what comes out of his own mouth in your opinion. Or your reading comprehension really is that bad as I never suggested we blow the whole thing up.

So coach speaks up and tells the truth and you jump all over him?

Don't tell me you your self doesn't see the season as being over?

Another Knee Jerk Thread

What I think or say is irrelevant in the great scheme of things as I'm just a fan. What the HC of said team say's on the other hand is wholly relevant.

Sorry the difference and justifiable criticism there-in is apparently lost on you.

Hail.

The meat and potatoes is that Shanahan has done nothing without Elway. You attacked something that had no bearing on that argument. Okay, Elway needed Shanahan to win anything. Now what? That's right. Shanahan still sucks without Elway.
I guess you just want to ignore the fact that Shanny has a SUPER BOWL ring without Elway and the Broncos???

I read the first page of you whining and then replied. Did at some point on page 2 you realize how silly this thread was and ask that it be ignored?

If not, my point stands.

There's nothing wrong with this thread.....we need more rants instead of posts from people who are ok with the state of this team.....

Anypne who defends Shanahan today should be prepared for 5 -11 next year too.....why would we expect any different?

What you call a whine is what some of us call yhe truth......

I guess you just want to ignore the fact that Shanny has a SUPER BOWL ring without Elway and the Broncos???

Was he the head coach? If the answer is no, I don't care. That should probably have been my response to the Elway stuff, too.

No even better. Let's just replace anytime I said, "John Elway" with, "a HoF QB."

He's the HEAD COACH man. He can't be voicing that. He just can't.

You evaluate in the pre-season. You don't throw in the towel after 9 games and publicly announce your evaluating for future years.

That's a horrid message to put out there. Whether you believe it or not. Whether in reality the years over or not. You CAN'T publicly say such things. Totally unprofessional.

Hail.

That's the problem...the GM in him is rightfully tempted to look at the big picture while the head coach in him should believe his team can win 7 straight games. I don't think it's feasible to balance both jobs.

Emotionally: Yes never give up!

Logically: **** it! Every player on the team is on notice. Either you want to play or you don't. Either you want to be here next year for the playoff run or you don't.

Personally: It is a shame to have someone like RG3 and not do anything drastic to justify the price you paid to get him.

Realistically, our chances at the post season are very slim. But I still want our team fired up and coming out to win every single game. I don't want to see anyone laying down or packing it in. It's not like we have a first round pick that we can position ourselves for

Hell, if Shanny is mailing it in, might as well make the rest of the picks we have more valuable; St. Louis be damned.

Though, the guy should have done this last season. You know, like the Colts.

someone please name me 1 team that is in playoff contention that has lost it's #1 WR, #1 TE, a #1 LB, a #1 linemen, and two safeties. Everyone keeps saying that every team has injuries, but these aren't role players or slot recievers. These are key guys in key roles that have impacted this team tremendously. 1 CB goes down on the Jets and their defense disappears. If Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt and Brian Cushing were all out, you think the Texans would be winning a lot of games? If Roddy White and Tony Gonzales were iout in week 2, would ATL would be undefeated? And that's only 1 side of the ball.

the good teams are healthy or maybe a little banged up on one side of the ball. Today was an embarrassment, but once Sleepy went down I knew this team was in trouble, BIG TIME. The Giants are banged up on D, but their offense is healthy. The closest to our situation is the Steelers, but they still have 2 elite WRs and a borderline elite WR.

just stop saying every team deals with injuries, because NO team deals with these kinds of injuries. This team wasn't going to be special this year with the talent we have on the team, but with these kinds of injuries, there's little chance of us being playoff worthy.

Really what do fans expect, the injuries we have suffered on both sides of the all with crippling cap penalty is way to much to overcome. The writing was on the wall last week after the Pitt game. We lost our #1 receiver in game one, we lost two defensive starters in game two. We lost our leading receiver and tight end two weeks ago. I am amazed he didn't call the season last week. Our defense is trash, our offensive line is oaky when we an run, but we get behind and we are in a world of trouble.

While yes the playoffs are done, I am still interested to see who steps up for the remainder of the year. I know rgiii and Morris will.

To me I guess the loss was really disappointed Shanny. While acting like you have given up is not good for a HC, it happens, especially when you went out there to win and got trounced. Who wouldn't.

Now we have 5 pages (and probably more coming) of 'redskins' fans dissing everyone, Snyder, Allen, Kyle... players... right down to the ball boys. The threads on ES over the past 4 weeks have been doing that successfully (sorry OP to digress from the topic).

I'm disappointed as anyone, but to start to second-guess and rip the team, ehh... forget it... not worth it.

Coaches do tend to get emotional. And, Shanny is no different. After the close games we had, especially against the Steeler, I am sure he was expecting the veterans on the team to show up and play inspired football on both sides of the ball.

Trent Williams' mistake cost us a touch down. The vets on defense just didn't show up.

Is it realistic to expect that the Skins will make the playoffs with this kind of play? I don't think so.

someone please name me 1 team that is in playoff contention that has lost it's #1 WR, #1 TE, a #1 LB, a #1 linemen, and two safeties. Everyone keeps saying that every team has injuries, but these aren't role players or slot recievers. These are key guys in key roles that have impacted this team tremendously. 1 CB goes down on the Jets and their defense disappears. If Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt and Brian Cushing were all out, you think the Texans would be winning a lot of games? If Roddy White and Tony Gonzales were iout in week 2, would ATL would be undefeated? And that's only 1 side of the ball.

the good teams are healthy or maybe a little banged up on one side of the ball. Today was an embarrassment, but once Sleepy went down I knew this team was in trouble, BIG TIME. The Giants are banged up on D, but their offense is healthy. The closest to our situation is the Steelers, but they still have 2 elite WRs and a borderline elite WR.

just stop saying every team deals with injuries, because NO team deals with these kinds of injuries. This team wasn't going to be special this year with the talent we have on the team, but with these kinds of injuries, there's little chance of us being playoff worthy.

Injuries do not explain being the most penalized team, blowing assignments,etc

The packers had 15 people on IR in 2010. Can't tell how many are starters. Pretty sure their #1 TE and RB were out. Don't know what the rest were.

http://purplepantsgreenjersey.com/2010/12/31/packers-add-15th-name-to-injured-reserve-list/

The team doesn't have to be playoff worthy. They do, however, have to avoid being one of the worst teams in the league again.

Didn't work with Gibbs just a few years ago. Snyder probably felt like he had to do it to get Shanahan to be the coach.

There were insinuations about how Shanahan would coach here for Snyder eventually all the way back to 2006 or so. I hated the idea then and definitely hated it when it went down. He wouldn't have taken the job without control and he's never won with it.

Still I think he's going to get his 5 years. With the injuries this year we have no idea how good this team would have been but the thing is, we could still have a bunch of injuries next year. Injuries happen every year. Last year it was 1/2 the OL, Cooley, Jenkins, Moss, Hankerson, a few of the RB's, Otogwe, Landry. What will the list be next year? We're never going to have a season without injuries. The Packers won the Super Bowl 2 years ago with the most injuries in the league.

If people want to give Shanny a free pass for the injuries than so be it......9 losses out of 10 home games says enough for me. We had the Giants beat with all of our backups in didn't we? Excuses are for losers and the coaches and players in the NFL will tell you the same thing.

When we hired Shanny I was of the mindset that we should give any coach we hire at least 3 years to implement his scheme and evaluate after that. He's had his three years (after this year) and I'm ready to move on. We'll see if it happens, but I was never a fan of his and I would much rather we go the normal route and try to get one of the hot assistant coaches who's looking for a job, I mean if Oakland can do it, why can't we?

Archived