Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Shanahan's given up, what hope do we really have with him? A pretty darn disappointed and disillusioned long time backer of the HC.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

He's the HEAD COACH man. He can't be voicing that. He just can't.

You evaluate in the pre-season. You don't throw in the towel after 9 games and publicly announce your evaluating for future years.

That's a horrid message to put out there. Whether you believe it or not. Whether in reality the years over or not. You CAN'T publicly say such things. Totally unprofessional.

Hail.

and the ****storm from that quote will be HUGE

He just opened up a huge can of worms in the heat of the moment

Look at article of nfl.com already smh

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090015/article/mike-shanahan-washington-redskins-looking-to-2013

Nope. Sorry to burst your bubble, but Elway never won a single playoff game without Shanny. Those first 3 SB's that Elway played in, Shanny was his QB coach for one and OC for the other two. Nice try though.

... so? Getting kind of ticky tacky with the offensive assistant thing. Shanny still hasn't done anything without Elway.

Today's loss wounded me. The season was most likely over last week. Andrew Luck probably just won OROY with his performance today. Even still, our head coach needs to motivate this team, and he has failed to do so every single year here. I'm so sick of being a gullible Redskins fan drinking the kool-aid and grasping for straws every year. Man, did the Broncos have it right. Three years, and this is all you have to show for yourself? Now you've given up? Our best players are two rookies, one of which was a no-brainer pick. I don't even know if he deserves one more year. Get someone in here that has a winning spirit.

Hopefully the evaluation will begin with haslett, time to move on

Given he handpicked Haslett, and has stuck with him thus far in the face of all logical reason the past 2 and a half seasons; even if he cans him the bye-week, I think it's a more than fair concern to have doubts about who he'd replace him with.

Hail.

... so? Getting kind of ticky tacky with the offensive assistant thing. Shanny still hasn't done anything without Elway.

Ticky tacky? You said Shananon hasn't done anything without Elway, but Shanny won a SB as OC without Elway and Elway has never won a playoff game without Shanny coaching him in one capacity or another. Your letting your hate blind you to the facts.

So Mike, we all have to wait another 10 months to watch another of your evaluated sides slide away to another losing season?

How about the novel concept of coaching the indiscipline and penalties out of this side. Also, a hurry up offense which doesn't take longer to call plays than a normal drive would be nice. We don't need another year to get that - I hope.

I'm sure his comment had nothing to do with the bye week coming up...you know, when every staff in the league goes back and evaluates their team and decides what and who to keep when it comes to playbook and players???

Nahh....couldn't be that....

Y'all need to take a Midol.

You are trying to clown people when Mike basically said the season over when we have 7 games to go. We as fans think it's over and coaches but you as the Head Coach of the team should never say those words. 6-1 is a 9-7 record maybe it gets us in maybe it doesn't. But it gets us close. What he did was throw the team under the bus.

I am also/was a big fan of shanny, but I think his demise is being brought about by the serious lack of quality coaches around him who don't seem to make good play calls or timely adjustments when necessary. Yes that does fall on the head coach, and I think for shanny to not be on the hot seat, he needs to get rid of certain coaches and also gut the team of the players that don't fit. We have a stud qb and rb and I don't want to see this talent wasted.

Didn't work with Gibbs just a few years ago. Snyder probably felt like he had to do it to get Shanahan to be the coach.

No coach succeeds without talent.

Talent is provided by good GMs.

Coaches do not make for good GMs.

Hence, a coach that is a GM will not get the talent they need, and will not succeed. I don't think Snyder gets this little tautology.

There's a million ways he could have phrased that without creating an uproar. The easiest of which is to say, "We said that this was a must win game and we didn't deliver. Going into the bye we're going to take a long hard look at ourselves as coaches, players and as an organization. We're going to evaluate everyone, from top to bottom, including myself and try to find some answers. We are now playing up to our potential and that is completely unacceptable."

But instead, he chose to word his point in a sloppy fashion, and has created an absolute cluster. This press conference could (I'm not saying will) cost him his job. Poor choice of words, Mike.

I wonder how many people in this thread love Alfred Morris yet hate the Shanahans? I'd also love to see ES if we hadn't traded for RG3 and were still starting Rexy. One more, I'd love to see ES if we had Garcon for the entire season. I'm sure I'll be fried for this but its pretty easy to talk badly about a HC who has lost his best free agent signing and best offensive player for the entire season so far.

Just to debate what you're saying....how bout the terrible defense and special teams play this year? Injuries happen to every team. We looked no different today than when Spurrier, Zorn and other bad coaches led this team. There's no defending Shanahan at this point...we are putrid and that is solely on him.

What's this team's identity right now? There is none. We scare nobody.

Something has to change if we're gonna improve.

Just to debate what you're saying....how bout the terrible defense and special teams play this year? Injuries happen to every team. We looked no different today than when Spurrier, Zorn and other bad coaches led this team. There's no defending Shanahan at this point...we are putrid and that is solely on him.

What's this team's identity right now? There is none. We scare nobody.

Something has to change if we're gonna improve.

No doubt the defense has just been pathetic this year. No one can deny that.

Talk about as knee jerk thread....

This team has a rookie qb. I do t care how awesome he is, he's still a rookie. This team lost both of it big defensive play makers and its entire secondary. And you want to blow th team up?? Give me a break.

Is your reading comprehension that bad? Or did you just not bother to read at all before you blundered in blind?

Hail.

Ticky tacky? You said Shananon hasn't done anything without Elway, but Shanny won a SB as OC without Elway and Elway has never won a playoff game without Shanny coaching him in one capacity or another. Your letting your hate blind you to the facts.

The meat and potatoes is that Shanahan has done nothing without Elway. You attacked something that had no bearing on that argument. Okay, Elway needed Shanahan to win anything. Now what? That's right. Shanahan still sucks without Elway.

The game today was awful. It was a humbling reminder of the kinds of losses that we seem to have on a yearly basis.

I am a big supporter of Shanahan. I still am. He has made some missteps, but I still think ultimately he will get it right. However, I don't agree with his press conference statements. But getting your butt kicked will make you say some crazy things. As exhibit "A", I offer you ES. :)

I just can't love Kyle Shanahan. He seems too afraid to run the ball enough.

Where is Hue Jackson so we can bring him back? What they ran in Oakland had potential to be effective.

I disagree with that bro if anything he ran the ball too much today especially in the goalline he was playing all these options and trick plays and being some what conservative. Good teams play agressive in the goalline and throw the ball especially when they have an elite qb

So coach speaks up and tells the truth and you jump all over him?

Don't tell me you your self doesn't see the season as being over?

Another Knee Jerk Thread

The problem is the coach shouldn't see that as the truth. The coach should want to crawl forward with every bit of energy he has and fight and try to salvage this.

Instead, he sounds defeated. And that attitude WILL resonate.

The only hope is that the players say, "no, **** this. We're not going down without a fight". Which would either mean Shanahan is a master motivator or a total flop in everything he's done in DC. :ols:

Archived