Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Shanahan's given up, what hope do we really have with him? A pretty darn disappointed and disillusioned long time backer of the HC.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

someone please name me 1 team that is in playoff contention that has lost it's #1 WR, #1 TE, a #1 LB, a #1 linemen, and two safeties. Everyone keeps saying that every team has injuries, but these aren't role players or slot recievers. These are key guys in key roles that have impacted this team tremendously. 1 CB goes down on the Jets and their defense disappears. If Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt and Brian Cushing were all out, you think the Texans would be winning a lot of games? If Roddy White and Tony Gonzales were iout in week 2, would ATL would be undefeated? And that's only 1 side of the ball.

the good teams are healthy or maybe a little banged up on one side of the ball. Today was an embarrassment, but once Sleepy went down I knew this team was in trouble, BIG TIME. The Giants are banged up on D, but their offense is healthy. The closest to our situation is the Steelers, but they still have 2 elite WRs and a borderline elite WR.

just stop saying every team deals with injuries, because NO team deals with these kinds of injuries. This team wasn't going to be special this year with the talent we have on the team, but with these kinds of injuries, there's little chance of us being playoff worthy.

I'd like to be more sympathetic to our injury situations (as well as other player issues), too, but it was pretty foreseeable...

1. Garcon has never played a full season and even still, is an unproven #1.

2. Carriker is mediocre to good, but has also suffered season ending injuries in the past.

3. Orakpo's loss hurt, but he's bad to mediocre in coverage and hasn't gotten over 10 sacks since his rookie year.

4. Davis is talented, but Paulson has stepped up in his place and it's not like we've ever had Davis start for a full season anyway.

5. Merriweather strikes me as better than our current lot of safeties, athletically speaking, but has a reputation for being undisciplined just like the rest of our secondary... We'll see if he helps at all...

6. Jackson is a talented free safety with good ball skills (and poor tackling), but has had suspension issues in the past.

As an observer outside of the organization, I would have seen at least 4 of these guys as missing some significant time. Moreover, outside of Orakpo and Garcon, all are somewhat expendable and marginally better than their backups. We're not talking about losing the Texans's allstars here.

From day one I have not been a fan of the Shannanigans. Two week's ago the talking heads were talking about KS as a HC. Are you kidding me? I'll give him credit for trying RGIII in a college style offense. However, like the wildcat, teams are figuring it out. AM is a bright spot this year who is carrying the bulk of the offensive load. I guess The old man still has an eye for RB's but nothing else. The penalties are an embarrassment. The excuses are exhausted. You can't tell me that other than Orakpo, Carriker, and maybe Davis, the other guys injured would have played lights out football. Tanard Jackson was a joke and only played a couple of preseason games here. Merriweather is not a cover guy. Garcon is not a number one receiver. The Shannanigans have overhauled this team and have done nothing but make it younger. Gaffney should have still been on thisd team. Hank can't catch a cold and the other two guys, Robinson and Briscoe should be on someone's practice squad. Maybe if someone comes in here and knows how to coach, we can turn it around.

Talk about as knee jerk thread....

This team has a rookie qb. I do t care how awesome he is, he's still a rookie. This team lost both of it big defensive play makers and its entire secondary. And you want to blow th team up?? Give me a break.

Which is the second of the only two defensive play makers you are saying we lost? Also entire secondary? The corners were hand picked and are all available. One if the two safeties is gone as a result of a bad risk in the front office. They signed a drug user that had been busted twice previously and we are now all very surprised to see him busted again.

The rookie part matters because generally rookies can't generate results from the offense and they make too many mistakes. RG3 has produced very well and avoided making many mistakes.

Also I'd like to point out the ****ty colts are 5-3.

In Kleese thread I said that despite the outcome for this season however distasteful Shanahan must come back for continuity sake for Griffin's development alone.

But, right now I'm starting to feel like if Shanahan were to be replaced it wouldn't be that big of hiccup. Imho Griffin's is being vastly underdeveloped in the rhythm drop back passing game and under utilized as passer in general. We drafted one of the most gifted arm talents I've seen in recent drafts and are making him run more option then he did in college. We are finally going to need a real GM and a coach that could ensure overall scheme continuity and the key component needs to be a coach that is an expert with QBs/passing game e.g. Tom Clement.

In Kleese thread I said that despite the outcome for this season however distasteful Shanahan must come back for continuity sake for Griffin's development alone.

But, right now I'm starting to feel like if Shanahan were to be replaced it wouldn't be that big of hiccup. Imho Griffin's is being vastly underdeveloped in the rhythm drop back passing game and under utilized as passer in general. We drafted one of the most gifted arm talents I've seen in recent drafts and are making him run more option then he did in college. We are finally going to need a real GM and a coach that could ensure overall scheme continuity and the key component needs to be a coach that is an expert with QBs/passing game e.g. Tom Clement.

the bolded part is what concerns me currently. perhaps they realize the ol has no chance in a "traditional" offense.

You know it was funny dg how when some of us brought up the lack of a deep game and not playing to Roberts strength early, it got dismissed on here because we were having great success on offense regardless.

Now that's dried up, those early fears are glaring chasms to the OC's detriment. The lack of any semblance of a deep game is real blight against both HC and OC however anyone try's argue the contrary.

Hail.

All I know is when the HC gives up, you can't realistically expect the team to want to keep fighting. The HC is supposed to be a leader. A leader isn't someone who quits, even if you don't "think" you have a shot. You keep those feelings to yourself and do what your paid to do. And that's to get out there and give it your all every game. Unfortunately, now our fantastic rookie QB and RB have a quitter as their HC/leader. I feel bad for them and every other player on the team. Mike should go.

his sudden turn towards going for it aggressively on 4th down, shows he has no confidence in our defense.He has given up hope IMO.Yet he refuses to accept the kickoff, and keeps putting his defense out to start games. Whats our win percentage deferring? I think the team would be well served with a sacrificial lamb. Be it Haslet, so be it. Maybe Slowik. Fans get pissed at Hall, but he is the only one on defense now playing like he cares, with any emotion. It used to be him and London... bummer.

If you look at the roster he won with in 97'' date=' you'd see that most of those players were on the team in 94' under Wade Phillips. All Shanahan did was add Terrell Davis. Shanahan has never had to build a team from scratch, and yet we've entrusted him with all player acquisitions.[/quote']

15 of the 22 starters on the 1997 Denver team were brought in under Mike Shanahan.

and the ****storm from that quote will be HUGE

He just opened up a huge can of worms in the heat of the moment

Look at article of nfl.com already smh

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090015/article/mike-shanahan-washington-redskins-looking-to-2013

Yep, it's going to be discussed on Around the Horn and PTI tomorrow. Wow, this is going to be a long two weeks.

I can't remember who said it, but I'm starting to come around to the train of thought that the Shanahans are riding on Griffin's athleticism and not his throwing ability. If they can't develop him into a passer, I have no problems with cleaning the entire coaching staff. I've said as much all day. Griffin needs to throw more just like the other rookie qbs. The time to "protect him" is over.

Now that's dried up, those early fears are glaring chasms to the OC's detriment. The lack of any semblance of a deep game is real blight against both HC and OC however anyone try's argue the contrary.

Hail.

As wacky as this might sound, wonder if they consider bringing Anthony Armstrong, he's a one trick pony and far from great but at least he can catch the deep ball. Right now, who the heck scares defenses going deep butter fingers Aldrick Robinson or can't get separation deep Leonard Hankerson

As wacky as this might sound, wonder if they consider bringing Anthony Armstrong, he's a one trick pony and far from great but at least he can catch the deep ball. Right now, who the heck scares defenses going deep butter fingers Aldrick Robinson or can't get separation deep Leonard Hankerson

I don't think that's a wacky idea man. But I also don't think having Megatron on this team would alter things. Kyle doesn't want to go vertical for some reason.

Which is even more bizarre with the man he now has under center.

Hail.

I don't think its a personnel issue at all. We simply don't do attack downfield often despite having the best downfield thrower from last years draft. Tannehill throws downfield more and who does he have at WR?

The outcome of the next year or two has to be Griffin evolving into a franchise QB. If the Shanahans can't do that, then it's incumbent upon the owner to find someone who can. Maybe it's Gruden or some guy we have never heard of, but we can't wake up sometime in 2014 with a QB as talented as Griffin not being asked to make plays through the air...he's obviously capable of it.

Archived