Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Shanahan's given up, what hope do we really have with him? A pretty darn disappointed and disillusioned long time backer of the HC.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

I haven't heard the press conference yet, but if that was said it is very unprofessional. I have no excuses for it, but at the same time these players need to fight for their coach, they are not being put in hard situation to succeed (except maybe on defense).

I'm so glad it's the bye week because I definitely need a break from following this team!!

As much as I hate shaman an right now, we CANNOT change offenses. We made the same mistake with JAson Campbell. We need to let rg3 grow in this offense. Maybe fire Mike and keep Kyle.

Oh, don't get me wrong man. I'm not advocating firing him. (Although I can appreciate by the game the many that are swaying toward that.).

But there's been question marks growing all season over a multitude of things. And the presser after another abject display has really put the first serious doubt toward him with myself.

Hail.

To put RG3 in the same category as JC is an insult. If ever there was a player that can adjust to a new offensive scheme, its RG3... switch now while the kid is still young and hungry.
So you fire Shanahan, and to build upon our bubble-gum and duct-tape top 10 offense, you hire...? I'm just going to ask this question of everyone who's screaming to fire everyone.

Everyone who says to change coaches gets this question.

As much as I hate shaman an right now, we CANNOT change offenses. We made the same mistake with JAson Campbell. We need to let rg3 grow in this offense. Maybe fire Mike and keep Kyle.

To put RG3 in the same category as JC is an insult. If ever there was a player that can adjust to a new offensive scheme, its RG3... switch now while the kid is still young and hungry.

I just can't love Kyle Shanahan. He seems too afraid to run the ball enough.

Where is Hue Jackson so we can bring him back? What they ran in Oakland had potential to be effective.

I'm sure his comment had nothing to do with the bye week coming up...you know, when every staff in the league goes back and evaluates their team and decides what and who to keep when it comes to playbook and players???

Nahh....couldn't be that....

Y'all need to take a Midol.

? He said this loss takes us from going into the bye week competing for a playoff spot and now going into the bye evaluating players. Seems like give up loser talk to me especially when just hearing Griffin IIIs presser about never giving up.

Campbell was brain dead idiot who is never going to be a starter again. Griffin isn't. Contrary to popular belief, some qbs can change systems.

Not to mention Campbell had Gibbs for 3 years straight (2 if you want to talk Saunders). Didn't help him.

I'm beginning to think that the problem is not with Mike Shanahan OR Kyle Shanahan, rather Mike Shanahan AND Kyle Shanahan as a duo.

The problem is I don't think Mike would stay if Allen wanted a change at coordinator.

LOL, come on man, let me know if you manage to get any straws.

Your argument made literally no sense.

I've been a big defender of him too. Actually, I tend to be a defender of most coaching and executive hires simply because I believe anyone should have a fair chance to be great

However, I'm done with the shanallen era. Finished. Kaput.

Our front office structure is broken. The head coach should not be picking players and should not have a GM that reports to him.

If Shanahan wants to evaluate, this is what he should evaluate.

Campbell was brain dead idiot who is never going to be a starter again. Griffin isn't. Contrary to popular belief, some qbs can change systems.

Not to mention Campbell had Gibbs for 3 years straight (2 if you want to talk Saunders). Didn't help him.

Gibbs wasn't the offensive coordinator.

I'm beginning to think that the problem is not with Mike Shanahan OR Kyle Shanahan, rather Mike Shanahan AND Kyle Shanahan as a duo.

The problem is I don't think Mike would stay if Allen wanted a change at coordinator.

The fact that our running game is working, and with multiple running backs since Mike took over, (when we use it) shows me evidence that Mike Shanahan still knows what he is doing when building an offense. His resume is not something you can dispute, whether it was as a head coach, or beforehand as a coordinator on the 49ers dynasty.

The problem seems to be though that Kyle's offense is a completely different animal, and it often conflicts with what we have come to known as Mike Shanahan's offense.

This kind of reminds me of Gibbs 2.0 having Al Saunders as O-coordinator,. You had 2 completely different philosophies butting heads.

you're not getting it. Bruce Allen reports to Shanny. He does not pick coaches and players. He has no say. Your scenario would be about as realistic as Scott Campbell asking Shanahan to change coordinators

We have to keep offensive system intact. Every franchise qb in the league has been in the same system for years

What we must do is not go through constant change every year or couple of years.. If we fire Shanahan now and STICK to the successor indefinitely, then we will have lost only one year and RGIII will develop "properly". Kyle is not the coordinator who gets the game well enough for me to be confident in committing to him for 10 years or whatever his hypothetical tenure is.

Also, Jason Campbell is a mediocre QB who improved under Jackson before becoming the backup he should have been. Hue Jackson knows how to develop QBs.

So you fire Shanahan, and to build upon our bubble-gum and duct-tape top 10 offense, you hire...? I'm just going to ask this question of everyone who's screaming to fire everyone.

I'm not advocating firing him, or taking a stance either way really, but just because fans don't have the solutions doesn't mean they can't see problems with the team/coaching.

And even if you lay out some hypothetical plan, as I've seen users do on here, people are quick to point out "armchair GM" and whatnot. I'm not saying you're one of the ones that would cry that, but it's kind of a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't (or just plain PO'd).

Archived