Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Edge of Tomorrow is getting great reviews.  Over 90% on RT.

wow!  great to hear.  A lot of folks might not agree, but I enjoy Tom's weird, futuristic sci-fi movies.  Oblivion, Vanilla Sky, Minority Report...I enjoyed them.

• Like 2

Actually, I'm pretty sure "Mineral" is the code name being used for the sequel to Divergent (called Insurgent in the books).

You should go and be a star, Bliz.

My wife's 12 yo cousin will FLIP THE EFF OUT.  She's way into those books and the 1st movie.

whereabouts do you live, Bliz?

I live in Marietta, GA.  Work in downtown Atlanta. 

Edge of Tomorrow looks pretty good. I noticed the RT score the other day, it was at 95 and I couldn't believe it. Apparently, it does the time travel/groundhog day thing pretty well. 

out of likes.

hahahahaha!  right?!  first thing the wife said after seeing a preview:  "so basically, futuristic ground hog day, with aliens?"

"welp, see ya tomorrow." 

ca07ad64420e3d1230725dbc842baff0.gif

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

My wife's 12 yo cousin will FLIP THE EFF OUT.  She's way into those books and the 1st movie.

I live in Marietta, GA.  Work in downtown Atlanta. 

This was the first google that came up.

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2014/04/15/are-these-the-first-extras-casting-calls-for-insurgent-in-atlanta/

CL Casting has issued several new casting calls in Atlanta for a Lionsgate project with the working title “Mineral” which, from what we’re hearing, is actually the highly anticipated film Insurgent.

out of likes.

hahahahaha!  right?!  first thing the wife said after seeing a preview:  "so basically, futuristic ground hog day, with aliens?"

and Source Code already did the Groundhog Day with our military hero getting closer and closer to finishing the mission thing.

But, I have to say, the tagline "Live.  Die.  Repeat." is pretty awesome

Edited by Bliz

out of likes.

"welp, see ya tomorrow." 

ca07ad64420e3d1230725dbc842baff0.gif

Ground Hog Day meets Starship Troopers is how it was described to me.   Apparently it's done very well.    Great script.

Box Office reports seem to indicate The Fault of our Stars will beat it out.  Guess the US is a bit "done" with Tom.  It's a shame imo.

If we have ES movie night, and we go see The Fault of our Stars, our shame will live for all eternity. :)

Was hoping Edge of Tomorrow might be good.  Doug Liman directs some good stuff, like Swingers and The Bourne Identity.  I might go check it out.

Doesn't the idea of battling stuff until you die, gaining knowledge, getting a new life, going back into battle and using that knowledge to win sound a lot like The Legend of Zelda?

• Like 1

We over these?? I typically wouldn't give this a second look but its currently at 93% on RT.

NSFW (few f-bombs in it)

Hard for me to get into those anymore. I mean if stuff is going down in the woods I'm turning off the dang camera and running. Aside from a handful of clever camera tricks and the appeal of the off camera scares, there isn't much reason IMO to use the found footage shot over a regular filmed movie

^^^ This Is The End lol I feel like I'm in the small

minority of people I know that like that movie though.

I liked it, but it got really dark, really fast. Like the way Jonah Hill got possessed in his bed, ya, definetly a dark comedy.

• Like 1

Thank you, Movie Gods.  Thank you.

"Why did you name it butthole?"  

"Because of this."

LOL

I don't care if it's God awful or not, I'll end up buying it just because.  I remember me and the wife going to see Dumb and Dumber back when we were dating, we saw it 7-8 times in the theater.  Small town and the tickets were $1.50 each, can't beat that.  

Now it's like $1.50 for a straw when you go to the movies.

^^^ This Is The End lol I feel like I'm in the small

minority of people I know that like that movie though.

I actually own it lol.  I love how they rag on Danny McBride.  

• Like 2

http://www.hngn.com/articles/33379/20140610/batman-vs-superman-movie-update-leaked-set-images-reveal-man-of-steel-statue-could-it-be-justice-league-hq-photos.htm

'Batman Vs. Superman' Movie Update: Leaked Set Images Reveal 'Man Of Steel' Statue; Could It Be Justice League HQ? (PHOTOS)

The images are reportedly taken at the same place the Lex Corp. building and new logo was spotted.  Check out the images for yourself here.

In other "Batman vs. Superman" news, a video of an old Henry Cavill interview has caught fans' attention.  Speaking to Warner Bros., Cavill spoke about the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel, commenting about Ben Affleck's casting.

"I'm sure he'll be fantastic above all else. As a filmmaker he's got his own style, he's not coping anyone else," Cavill said. And he's also being...tenacious with his career. He's had ups, followed by downs and now he's very up again...I think that requires, and shows, a very special strength of character. And it's something which I enjoy working with because jobs like this requires strength of character, a dedication to the work and a belief in [yourself]. Ben has that."

Cavill also expressed his excitement to work on the sequel, and is interested to see Superman and Batman's relationship play out on the big screen.

"The next installment, as we all know, is involving other rather important character," Cavill said.  "I'm looking very forward to that direction because ultimately they're two sides of the same coin and that's going to be interesting. [batman and Superman] are two sides of the same coin in every way and how they interact and how they clash and how they ultimately aim towards the same goal is going to be an interesting relationship..."

"Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" will be release to theaters on May 6, 2016.