Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

I'm having a hard time keeping up with what Marvel Comics movies I've seen. They've been churning them out so fast.

2/year. And I wish I could get more. 

edit: its 2/year from the Marvel production company, but if you cant Xmen, Spiderman, (marvel characters from other production companies.) then its quite a lot, but honestly the only ones ive really enjoyed have been the ones from Marvel/Disney. 

Edited by big#44

Putting this here, tho the headline is comic-book focused, it's still interesting in implications for future flicks..and there is some movie info..

Marvel's Thor is now a woman, comics studio announces on 'The View'

One of Marvel Comics' most iconic heroes is in for a major change.

The studio announced on "The View" on Tuesday that Thor, the hammer-wielding Norse God of Thunder, would now be a woman.

Also from TheWrap:  Clark Gregg on 'Agents of SHIELD' Secrets, Directing for Marvel, and Why Hollywood is Depressing

"It's a huge day in the Marvel Universe," the show's moderator, Whoopi Goldberg, said. "Thor, the God of Thunder, he messed up, and he's no longer worthy to hold that damn hammer of his. For the first time in history, that hammer is being held by a woman. That's right. Thor is a woman!"

Also read:  Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Recruits 2 New Writers as Production Start Nears

Few details are available at the moment, but Goldberg said that the new, female Thor modeled herself after the original one, as he saved her life. Now, she's the one holding Mjolnir, which makes her the legendary hero.

<more at the various links--the Gregg article is interesting>

• 3 weeks later...

So they sold out and somehow made Expendables 3 a PG13 movie. Sometimes this won't impact the quality of a movie. In the case of this series, it absolutely will. I don't know if I'm going to bother watching it now.

Gotta love Hollywood.  Selling out to make a few extra bucks.  The only good thing about the Expendables movies is the over the top graphic violence.  Like when Terry Crews tore bad guys to shreds (literally) with his grenade launching AA12.

Just like Aliens Vs Predator.  Predator movies were all rated R, and so were all the Alien movies.  So when these two baddies come together in one movie, its rated PG13?  what da ****?

I saw GOTG and it was pretty amazing. The cast was great together, no way missed a beat and all were perfect fits for their roles. It just worked really well. I think it has a lot to do with the directing and writing of James Gunn. Hope he does more Marvel movies.

I will say my favorite Marvel so far is still Winter Solider. I just enjoyed the idea of the movie, but I can see why a lot of people are putting GOTG as number one.

• 1 month later...

Not a preview, but it looks like the Deadpool movie is back on.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=42208

VFX veteran Tim Miller is confirmed as directing the new film and, given the man’s enthusiasm for the role, Ryan Reynolds is likely to be back as Deadpool himself, though no actual deal is in place yet. The announcement comes soon after test footage for the new film found its way online, with Reynolds telling the Niagara Falls Review it definitely helped the project’s case. "The movie has been in a state of limbo for a while. There was such an overpowering reaction to the footage, you sort of feel like, 'Oh, so we weren't crazy for our reasons for loving this character, for loving this role.' It's interesting to see the power of the Internet. It's awe-inspiring, actually. And it's neat that Twitter and Facebook and Instagram can move mountains when used in the right way."

Here's the proof of concept video that got leaked for those who hadn't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXGsv9nsNs

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

I want to see The Drop as well with the gf. I showed her the trailer last weekend and she didn't seem to care much for it. Disappointing. She knew nothing about A Most Wanted Man before we went to see it and she enjoyed it. I think I'm just gonna drag her out to go see The Drop with me. If I'm payin' for her ticket, she better like it!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

CNBC: Next from Hollywood? Tetris: The Motion Picture

Hollywood, which has been increasingly leaning on the video game world for story ideas, might be getting a bit desperate. 

Threshold Entertainment has announced plans to develop a feature film based on Tetris, the shape matching arcade game that took the world by storm 30 years ago. And while the game itself might have been a bit light on plot, that's not stopping filmmakers from re-imagining it as a science fiction blockbuster. 

No, really!

I love the phrase "sci fi blockbuster".  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/robert-downey-jr-suiting-up-as-iron-man-for-%E2%80%98captain-america-3%E2%80%B2/ar-BB9aX17

Robert Downey Jr. Suiting Up As Iron Man For ‘Captain America 3′

The move injects one of the most popular characters in movies into a third Marvel franchise. Marvel declined comment, but the comic book corporation today teased the summer 2015 return of its Civil War: Iron Man crossover storyline. Originally released in 2007, the Civil War miniseries pitted billionaire Tony Stark against Captain America aka Steve Rogers in an ethical face-off over the U.S. government’s Superhuman Registration Act, which requires all superpowered individuals to register their powers and report to S.H.I.E.L.D. In Marvel lore, the split rips the superhero community in two as opposing ranks align under Iron Man and Cappy.

Joe and Anthony Russo, who helmed Captain America: The Winter Soldier, are directing Captain America 3 for a May 6, 2016, release.

more at link

I love comic books, but have not actually read the whole Civil War story arc. From the rumors I have been hearing about Captain America 3, I decided to pick up the TPB this weekend. You could see the story heading this direction after Captain America 2 for sure.

I still hope they work a deal so Spider-man can be in future Avenger movies.

Lord have mercy @ that list!  so much awesome.  I need that next Avengers installment in my life asap

You will have a taste very soon. The word going around is that the trailer for Age Of Ultron will be on Interstellar and Big Hero 6, both of which release in theatres on November 7th. Marvel typically releases their first trailers for blockbuster May releases in mid/late October, so we might get something next week. I can't freaking wait any longer!

As for Cap 3...I hope it doesn't turn into "Iron Man 4: Captain America 3". Cap/Chris Evans just solidified his own franchise and the last thing I want to see is RDJ taking over his film. I love RDJ/Iron Man, but I hope he is minimized whenever possible.

Edited by Metalhead

I'm totally with you on that last part. Love rob, but don't want him stealing the show from Chris in CA3. Downey has a strong personality and tends to dominate the movies he's in. Let my boy Captain America shine on his own, with his straight and narrow boy scout ass. Lol