Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Intereting.  Looks like "Saving Private Ryan" meets "The Beast." 

Fury- saw the trailer for this the other day. Wow, a ww2 movie about a tank crew!

All kinds of cool there.

Wow, just saw this after I posted the trailer LOL.  looks cool, huh?

For those not up to date with the DC comic universe...  Here is the rumored (by highly cited sources) phase one for DC Comics.

Batman v Superman May 2016

Shazam July 2016

Sandman December 2016

Justice League May 2017

Wonder Woman June 2017

Flash/Green Lantern Team up December 2017

Man of Steel 2 May 2018

Im sure im in the minority but im 100% over comic-book movies. Dont think i have any interest in seeing any of those listed. My love for them died with the Dark Knight movies.

You just have to pace yourself. I haven't seen any single Marvel movies outside of the IM trilogy and have no interest in the others really. I could have done without IM2-3 actually after seeing them.

I do understand where you are coming from. It's getting old when it comes at the expense of fresh ideas but I think there has been great variety and apt of quality movies over the past decade+ when superheroes became the big thing.

Also, there are few things I love more than going to big blockbuster premiers and these definitely deliver on that fun, event movie atmosphere.

I really won't watch any upcoming except for the Superman/Batman, Avengers 2 and Amazing Spiderman 3. I don't have any interest in the DC movies without Bats or Supes, Avengers was fun and I really liked TASM movies so far. That will keep from getting burnt out.

But outside of those, I'm 100% done. :)

• Like 1

You just have to pace yourself. I haven't seen any single Marvel movies outside of the IM trilogy and have no interest in the others really. I could have done without IM2-3 actually after seeing them.

I do understand where you are coming from. It's getting old when it comes at the expense of fresh ideas but I think there has been great variety and apt of quality movies over the past decade+ when superheroes became the big thing.

Also, there are few things I love more than going to big blockbuster premiers and these definitely deliver on that fun, event movie atmosphere.

I really won't watch any upcoming except for the Superman/Batman, Avengers 2 and Amazing Spiderman 3. I don't have any interest in the DC movies without Bats or Supes, Avengers was fun and I really liked TASM movies so far. That will keep from getting burnt out.

But outside of those, I'm 100% done. :)

So after you see 80% of upcoming movies you're 100% done...got it. hahaha.

• Like 1

meh, for what they are (popcorn munchin', action packed summer blockbusters), I love all the comic book movies.  I'm not looking for any Oscar noms, just a bunch of explosions and ass kicking.  The latest spiderman movie with Jamie Foxx was pretty kick ass, the music and sound effects were soooo cool. 

Saw Thor 2 not too long ago and though I liked the first one better, it delivered.  Action, comedy, and Kiera Knightly (spelling?)

Josh Brolin as Thanos & Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser (i've been hoping it's time to move more into kree-skrull war stuff (and other major marvel-universe storylines) and less shield/hydra in their movies)

Nothing ambitious about comparing it to Star Wars in hoped-for impact.  :)

'Guardians of the Galaxy' International trailer gives best look yet at Marvel film 

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/guardians-galaxy-uk-trailer-best-marvel-film-article-1.1833371

Marvel UK released a new international trailer which sheds some new light on the plot of the flick based on intergalactic superheroes who first appeared in comic books in the 1960s.

The 2-minute, 17-second trailer opens with a voiceover introducing the origin of Chris Pratt's Starlord, who is abducted by aliens as a young boy on Earth.

"I had no idea what the universe had in store for me," he says.

We quickly find out: he grows up into the leader of a band of misfits unwittingly dragged into a battle with Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) for a mysterious orb that threatens the cosmos.

Marvel has high hopes for the film, which opens Aug. 1 in the U.S. and co-stars Zoe Saldana, WWE wrestler Dave Bautista, Glenn Close and Vin Diesel.

Directed by James Gunn, the movie is being billed by insiders as an epic on the scale of "Star Wars" and would give the studio a second potential team franchise to go along with "The Avengers."

And they say one last time...but I have seen people do amazing things while in a wheelchair.

The first full length trailer for ‘Expendables 3’ hit the Internet Tuesday with a bang.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/expendables-3-trailer-shows-stallone-old-reliables-article-1.1833014

In addition to Stallone and Schwarzenegger, "Expendables" vets Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and Randy Couture are returning for another tour of duty.

But reinforcements come in in the form of new franchise additions Wesley Snipes, Antonio Banderas, Kelsey Grammer, "Twilight's" Kellan Lutz and MMA fighter Ronda Rousey.

If that wasn't enough firepower, Stallone also added the grandfather of all action stars: Harrison Ford.

<edit--little note of interest--The "Raiders of The Lost Ark" star, who broke his ankle last week on the set of "Star Wars: Episode VII,".....> 

I doubt I'll ever get sick of the comic book movies.  Just too many properties worth making movies out there to do.

As an example, before X-Men:DoFP, there was a trailer for Kingsmen: The Secret Service, which I hadn't heard of.  Directed by Mathew Vaughn and based on a Mike Millar comic, it has Michael Caine and Colin Firth teaching young spies.  It all sounds good to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyxDVCb3ky4

This movie looks like so much fun!!!  Summer movie fans, the next epic is upon us.  We've all seen Spidey, we've seen Xmen, we've seen Godzilla.  The next MONSTER movie of this summer is Planet of the Apes.  And my goodness, does it look awesome!!!!

New June 20 trailer

• Like 1

This movie looks like so much fun!!!  Summer movie fans, the next epic is upon us.  We've all seen Spidey, we've seen Xmen, we've seen Godzilla.  The next MONSTER movie of this summer is Planet of the Apes.  And my goodness, does it look awesome!!!!

New June 20 trailer

Looks really well done.....can't wait!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_man_of_steel/news/1930720/weekly_ketchup_wonder_woman_and_justice_league_dates_rumored/

<more at link> 

If Finke's source holds up, that movie would be followed byShazam (July, 2016), Sandman (December, 2016), Justice League (May, 2017),Wonder Woman (July, 2017), a Flash/Green Lantern team up (December, 2017), and Man of Steel 2 (May, 2018). A few of those movies aren't really surprises (Sandman, Justice League, and Wonder Woman), but the placement of some of them is unexpected (namely that Wonder Woman would be #5 on such a list). The long-in-development Shazam (Marvel owns the title rights toCaptain Marvel) being #2 is a surprise, as is the notion that Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is not a Man of Steel sequel (perhaps the idea is that Man of Steel 2 would be the next solo Superman movie). Other DC titles that WB is known to have in development include The Metal Men, The Suicide Squad, and Guillermo del Toro's Justice League Dark project.

<red highlight mine>

Looks really well done.....can't wait!

I look at those movies like I do Godzilla...I'll wait. Nothing about that story or preview draws me in.

<more at link> 

Wonder Woman...will be a flop unless it is nearly X rated. I can't think of any reason to make that film.

Jennifer  :wub:

Jen is cute...but I never saw a reason to sweat her (or her acting).

That movie ...ehh. The first one was okay, but I have a feeling that this will be on DVD within weeks.

yeah, i'm sure the second one won't be nearly as good as the first.  I thought the first one was decent.  had a few pretty heavy laugh out loud moments.  Motha ****a Jones is probably the best part.

What a flop by Deliver us from evil....they have been hyping that movie like crazy and it did less than $10 mil.

Eric Bana is so above a cheesy horror flick. I felt bad for him on Letterman trying to promote this film.

Where is the thread for "post the most recent movie you saw." Just took my 8 year and 11 month old son to his first PG13 movie.... Transformers: Age of Extinction. First action-type of movie I have seen in theaters since..... maybe Revenge of the Sith (note age of son...) .

We enjoyed it. I don't understand the bad reviews.. its a Transformers movie... pretty much what I expected.

Still told him he can't watch all PG13 he wants... but will be sharing Indiana Jones, Pirates of Carribean, Lord of the Rings, Jaws...

• Like 2