Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Kind of intrigued for the new Godzilla movie. Looks pretty decent. 

Me too.  There's quite a few movies I really want to see in 2014, 'Zilla is one of 'em.

But I've got a short list of "absolutely must see."  Godzilla, The Raid 2, Interstellar, and Sin City 2, Hunger Games.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Interstallar is going to be one of THOSE movies.  One of those films that comes along every 5 years or so that changes your life and the way you look at movies.  A story that, when you walk out of the theater, has you in disbelief of what you've just witnessed, and possibly bring you to tears.  

Braveheart, Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, The Dark Knight, Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, Jaws.  Game changers.  Interstellar is going to be magical. 

• Like 1

Anybody else feeling like Godzilla might throw us a curve ball?

All we've seen is these massive pics of Godzilla, destroying half of planet earth.  But what if, like the old classic Godzilla movies, he's actually a good guy?!  And there is a totally separate "bad" monster that we haven't seen yet??

Anybody else feeling like Godzilla might throw us a curve ball?

All we've seen is these massive pics of Godzilla, destroying half of planet earth.  But what if, like the old classic Godzilla movies, he's actually a good guy?!  And there is a totally separate "bad" monster that we haven't seen yet??

Rodan. 

this is kind of what it looked like it might be per the previews so far...  :mellow:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-critic-reviews/the-amazing-spider-man-2/

Spider-Man is back, bigger and slightly better -- but only slightly, and with too much emphasis on "bigger."

There are a few well-tuned moments in Mark Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," from the charming, charismatic interaction of starsAndrew Garfield andEmma Stone to the occasional flash of excitement in its wide-screen action. To get to those, however, you have to wade through a two-and-a-half-hour running time that encompasses three costume-clad villains, two shadowy string-pullers, four distinct climaxes and still finds room for every single cliché of big-budget franchise screenwriting.

The genesis of this latest iteration of the Marvel Comics character on the big screen came in no small part thanks to prior series director Sam Raimi wanting more money, as well as Sony's reluctance to lose their rights to the character back to Marvel by not moving forward with the property. This latest series effort continues down the road of choosing long-term corporate strategy over present-moment storytelling, more intent on setting up Sony's already-announced spin-offs than it is in telling a clean, clear story.

more at link

This cast might alone get me to see it.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/doctor-who-star-matt-smith-joins-terminator-5-cast-161836084.html

Doctor Who Star Matt Smith Joins Terminator Reboot Cast

Matt Smith, famous for playing 'Doctor Who' in the long-running TV show, has joined the cast of the fifth ‘Terminator’ film.

In a Facebook post, Skydance Productions wrote: 

“We don't have a TARDIS, but we do have a Time Lord: Matt Smith is joining the cast of #Terminator, and John Connor is VERY happy about it.”

In a statement, Paramount said: “Smith will play a new character with a strong connection to John Connor, alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi and Byung Hun Lee.” 

Alan Taylor is directing the film from a screenplay by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier. 

There’s been no official word on the plot yet, but plenty of rumours.

Movie writer Drew McWeeney from the US site HitFix revealed on a recent video post: “Kind of like Back to the Future, the Terminator: Genesis script folds into the first film in the series.

“There’s a scene in the script where literally, we see the scene in the first Terminator where Arnold steps out, the punks threaten him, he rips Bill Paxton’s heart out and takes his clothes and wanders off. 

“And as soon as that scene ends, another Arnold Schwarzenegger who’s older, and bearded and a very different version of the Terminator, comes walking in from the other side and plays another scene, right at the scene of that first incident.”

It's also been rumoured that in the movie Arnold Schwarzenegger's aged T-800 model has been guarding Sarah Connor - played by Emilia Clarke, and who will become the mother of revolutionary John Connor - for nearly 30 years.

MORE AFTER LINK

Edited by The Evil Genius

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Interstallar is going to be one of THOSE movies. One of those films that comes along every 5 years or so that changes your life and the way you look at movies. A story that, when you walk out of the theater, has you in disbelief of what you've just witnessed, and possibly bring you to tears.

Braveheart, Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, The Dark Knight, Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, Jaws. Game changers. Interstellar is going to be magical.

Dang dude I thought I had high hopes for this one lol. You're really putting yourself out there. I'm hoping for something like that as well though.

Even if it falls short of game changer, it's Nolan so it's still going to be very good-great at worst.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

This cast might alone get me to see it.

Wow, nice cast.  Jason Clarke is the man, Courtney is new to the game but he's good in everything I've seen him in, and JK Simmons is JK Simmons.  Please don't tell the wife about Byung Hun Lee's gorgeous ass, the wife moans every time she sees that dude LOL.  But all his Korean movies are boss, the dude swags pretty hard.

And yeah bro, I'm all in on Interstellar.  It's either going to overwhelm me with greatness and make me cry, or it'll break my heart and hope to die.

I was hyped for Spiderman and it didn't disappoint.

I'm beyond that for Godzilla. Hopefully it can live up to my expectations.

This. Don't take my word as gospel, Dallas lol. I enjoyed spidey, but I think Godzilla is going to be great.

How on earth (pun intended) did I beat youngchew to the punch on the new expanded Interstellar trailer?

Man it looks good.  It looks really, really good.

Edited by Bliz
  • Like 3

How on earth (pun intended) did I beat youngchew to the punch on the new expanded Interstellar trailer?

Wow.  WOW!    This movie is going to win multiple Oscars, including best picture.  Stamp it.

As far as the trailer goes, I love it how they give us the backstory, but they still give us NOTHING as far as the space stuff.  Now I'm even more anxious as to what Nolan has in store for us.  i wish i could go to sleep tonight and wake up in November.

tumblr_mzastp7WuQ1rfduvxo1_500.gif

• Like 1