Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Viral Video Celebrates the Sentinels; First Look at Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask (Video)

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/x-men-days-future-past-viral-video-celebrates-223302841.html

Peter Dinklage's character in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" creates a safer world for humans at the expense of every mutant on the planet.

A new video released by 20th Century Fox as part of the movie's viral marketing campaign celebrates 50 years of the Sentinel program, which was created by upcoming "X-Men" villain Bolivar Trask (Dinklage, left) in 1967, according the movie's website,www.Trask-Industries.com.

"Trask soon hypothesized the impending extinction of the human race. His early theories were ridiculed by his contemporaries and with no one to fund his research, Trask cared enough about humanity to invest in the founding of Trask Industries in 1967," the site reads. "Since its founding, Trask Industries has been at the forefront of human progress, partnering with domestic and international governments since the Nixon administration. Trask's early ambition for genetic progress continues to fuel our technological innovations today."

While sentinels are intially pretty cool for the world, they cause a pretty terrible future in Bryan Singer's "X-Men" sequel, which uses time travel to blend the narrative he created with "X-Men" and "X2: X-Men United" and the one Matthew Vaughn created in "X-Men: First Class."

Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Ellen Page, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan and more return from the franchise Singer started in 2000, while James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and more return from Vaughn's 2011 prequel. Plenty of new faces, like Dinklage, are also joining the "X-Men" franchise when "Days of Future Past" hits theaters on May 23 of next year.

<more at link>

also---

'American Horror Story' Star Evan Peters Joins 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'

The actor will play Quicksilver -- a Marvel mutant Joss Whedon has previously stated will be included in "The Avengers 2"

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/american-horror-story-star-evan-peters-joins-x-men-days-future-past-93556

Lone Survivor. I heard about this project because I'm a Wahlberg fan. The trailer just came out and wow. Based on the book by Marcus Luttrell who tells the real story of a group of 4 Navy Seals in Afghanistan who take on over 200 enemy. As the title suggests only one of the seals survived. Never read the book, but damn if I'm not gonna pick it up now. 

Edited by big#44

• 3 weeks later...

I've been talking for quite awhile about what I thought was an inevitable Fantastic Four reboot... :)

'X-Men’/'Fantastic Four' Crossover Teased as 'Days of Future Past' Wraps

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/x-men-fantastic-four-crossover-teased-days-future-223451787.html

Summer 2013 may be winding down, but we're already psyched for Summer 2014 (and beyond) as some tantalizing "X-Men" news has come down the pipeline ... and how the mutant Marvel franchise may be getting a visit from Marvel's own first family.

Comics maestro Mark Millar, whose "Kick-Ass 2" opened this past weekend, spoke about a possible "X-Men"/"Fantastic Four" crossover as 20th Century Fox looks to reboot its other (potentially) big Marvel franchise.

"Without question I think you have to see some of these guys showing up in each other's movies," said Millar in a recent interview with SFX. "I think the most exciting thing in superhero movies, until 'The Avengers' came along, was when Nick Fury showed up in 'Iron Man.' Even though it was a guy with an eye patch it was really cool — and I expect we will see more of that."

Lone Survivor. I heard about this project because I'm a Wahlberg fan. The trailer just came out and wow. Based on the book by Marcus Luttrell who tells the real story of a group of 4 Navy Seals in Afghanistan who take on over 200 enemy. As the title suggests only one of the seals survived. Never read the book, but damn if I'm not gonna pick it up now. 

It's a good book, but I was disappointed to learn afterwards that some important parts were greatly exaggerated.

Edited by Botched

The Robocop remake finally has a trailer.

I've read some of the ideas from older scripts, and they sound atrocious, but this trailer doesn't seem so bad.

From the trailer, my biggest complaint would be the blase' black suit. The bi-tone suit looks so much better to me that it's not even funny.

Man, BeetleBatmanJuice looks old.

But this movie has serious potential to not suck. Especially with that cast.

Does anyone else hear "mother****er" between every word that Samuel L Jackson utters in every movie?

Edited by The Evil Genius

• 1 month later...

Previews for Enders Game look pretty interesting, that's based on a book right? Haven't heard much about it anybody read it? Something I should pick up?

It's an excellent book and it has quite a few others in the series.   

Batman vs Superman is filming this weekend in Los Angelos.  They are filming a football scene between Metropolis and Gotham Universities at some LA college football game.  

Previews for Enders Game look pretty interesting, that's based on a book right? Haven't heard much about it anybody read it? Something I should pick up?

The first book is amazing, but I don't know if the movie is going to work without the swerve ending (some of the trailers make me thing they messed with it).

It's an excellent book and it has quite a few others in the series.   

Batman vs Superman is filming this weekend in Los Angelos.  They are filming a football scene between Metropolis and Gotham Universities at some LA college football game.  

Some of the scenes will be done during halftime for the crowd is in the background. I was at the Ravens game when they filmed part of The Replacements. Other scenes are done before and after the game and even on off days.