Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Tom Cruise is underrated as an actor.

I'm a fan. I know if his name is attached to a flick it's going to have some action, a decent story and be all around entertaining. I'm not interested in his personal life, as that's not what I'm getting when I spend the $10 on a movie ticket.

I'm a fan. I know if his name is attached to a flick it's going to have some action, a decent story and be all around entertaining. I'm not interested in his personal life, as that's not what I'm getting when I spend the $10 on a movie ticket.

I am grateful I am able to suspend what I dislike about the guy as a public figure--which, admittedly, has that inevitable shallowness from my "opinions" being media based or from watching him in interviews vs. actually knowing the guy---and enjoy the movies. And he's made many I enjoyed and thought were actually well-done films. I can do that kind of detachment in most, but not all, cases regarding performers. For instance, back in the day, I liked Cat Scratch Fever, but I would no more do anything helpful for Ted Nugent now than I would for Richard Sherman.

Edited by Jumbo

I agree for the most part...(huge Stephen A Smith stlyle) HOWEVER, if it weren't for Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes would have been in The Dark Knight which would have made that movie even better with complete continuity from Batman Begins and we wouldnt have had to see Maggie Meltingface prance around as the only woman to ever snag Bat's heart.

That is all that needs to be said about Cruise at this point in time...

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I agree for the most part...(huge Stephen A Smith stlyle) HOWEVER, if it weren't for Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes would have been in The Dark Knight which would have made that movie even better with complete continuity from Batman Begins and we wouldnt have had to see Maggie Meltingface prance around as the only woman to ever snag Bat's heart.

That is all that needs to be said about Cruise at this point in time...

Wow, I couldn't agree with you more if I tried. No sane actress would chose to make the movie mad money (costarring, ahem, queen latifah and diane keaton) over The Dark Knight. So she definitely had some Cruise Crazy in her at the time.

TDK still ended up being a 9.99/10 movie, but if Holmes were in it, it would have been a solid 10. Maybe on day Nolan will go back and in George Lucas fashion replace Maggie with Katie in all the scenes. I mean, at least a guy could hope.

Edited by big#44

Looking forward to Thor 2! I feel like his movie was kind of lost among all the others since he was probably the least popular of them all to begin with. The first time I saw Thor 1 I thought it was a good but not great movie. The whole spacey thing was kind of a detraction from the more realistic Iron Man story and I wasn't into it as much. However after seeing The Avengers and watching Thor a few more times, I've grown to like the movie and the character as time has gone on. I feel like now that his whole back story is out of the way, they'll be able to explore a lot more in this sequel.

Looking forward to Thor 2! I feel like his movie was kind of lost among all the others since he was probably the least popular of them all to begin with. The first time I saw Thor 1 I thought it was a good but not great movie. The whole spacey thing was kind of a detraction from the more realistic Iron Man story and I wasn't into it as much. However after seeing The Avengers and watching Thor a few more times, I've grown to like the movie and the character as time has gone on. I feel like now that his whole back story is out of the way, they'll be able to explore a lot more in this sequel.

I never saw Thor but after The Avengers and this trailer I guess I will need to check it out.

---------- Post added April-25th-2013 at 01:05 AM ----------

Wow, I couldn't agree with you more if I tried. No sane actress would chose to make the movie mad money (costarring, ahem, queen latifah and diane keaton) over The Dark Knight. So she definitely had some Cruise Crazy in her at the time.

TDK still ended up being a 9.99/10 movie, but if Holmes were in it, it would have been a solid 10. Maybe on day Nolan will go back and in George Lucas fashion replace Maggie with Katie in all the scenes. I mean, at least a guy could hope.

I've had that exact same thought many times lol.

Personally, outside of the Captain America film, I thought the Thor movie was a lot better than the Iron Man movies or anything Hulk related.

Oh..and having him work with Loki all the while knowing that Loki will stab him in the back looks like a fantastic story. Plus, it was good to see Natalie Portman's character again...now if only Stellan Skarsgard's character would have shown up in the movie previews.

edit..Plus, Chris Eccleston is playing one of the bad guys????

Where do I get tickets already?

Edited by The Evil Genius

Personally, outside of the Captain America film, I thought the Thor movie was a lot better than the Iron Man movies or anything Hulk related.

Oh..and having him work with Loki all the while knowing that Loki will stab him in the back looks like a fantastic story. Plus, it was good to see Natalie Portman's character again...now if only Stellan Skarsgard's character would have shown up in the movie previews.

edit..Plus, Chris Eccleston is playing one of the bad guys????

Where do I get tickets already?

Captain America might be my favorite. Thor and Iron Man 1 are probably tied. I can't really put one ahead of the other because they were just so...different. Neither Hulk movie was all that good. I watched the latest one with Edward Norton on FX yesterday and it was OK at best.

Ok...robot beats monster with oil tanker, how can we not win? :ols:

This looks like it'll be very entertaining. Story seems a little cliche (especially if you've ever seen a Japanese anime mech series) but I can't imagine it'd be worse than any of the transformer movies now.

Ok...robot beats monster with oil tanker, how can we not win? :ols:

This looks like it'll be very entertaining. Story seems a little cliche (especially if you've ever seen a Japanese anime mech series) but I can't imagine it'd be worse than any of the transformer movies now.

LMAO probably one of the most ridiculous previews I have ever seen.

I predict this years box office will break records. I don't know if there's ever been a year with as many potential blockbusters coming out.

And is Star Trek Into Darkness being overlooked? All I'm hearing is Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel. No one's hardly talking about Star Trek. Even the news about JJ Abrams directing Star Wars Ep 7 have received more hype than Star Trek Into Darkness.

I predict this years box office will break records. I don't know if there's ever been a year with as many potential blockbusters coming out.

And is Star Trek Into Darkness being overlooked? All I'm hearing is Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel. No one's hardly talking about Star Trek. Even the news about JJ Abrams directing Star Wars Ep 7 have received more hype than Star Trek Into Darkness.

I've heard plenty on movie. I am hoping the Kennedy Space Center shows this movie like they did the last one. Can't wait to see Iron Man 3 tonight.

Klingons Spotted in New ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Viral Video

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/klingons-spotted-star-trek-darkness-viral-video-005121224.html

Well, at least we now have confirmation on at least one thing about the "Star Trek" sequel: Here there be Klingons, for sure.

Members of arguably the franchise's most popular alien race make fleeting appearances in the third and supposedly final "Distortion" viral video that features the villainous John Harrison (Benedict Cumberbatch) offering a brief character study of a particular Enterprise crew member -- and an ominous foreshadowing of some life-altering decision they'll have to make in the film. This third video focuses on Uhura (Zoe Saldana), the "soul of the Enterprise" and the "force of compassion holding the entire crew together."

<more (and a pic) at link>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New in-theater trailer for Elysium looked great. Ender's Game not so much (IMO) so far--including the idiots using an obviously huge and key scene that also likely comes towards the end of the movie <faceplam>. Hoe many times do we see that? Where some igwad decides to give up a key aspect of the film, needlessly, in the trailer because it's an "exciting" scene? Jeez.

On a shallow and petty note, since it seems there's a long-increasing douchey factor in All Things Will Smith & Family, I was laughing to see his latest flagship sinking into suck.

On a shallow and petty note, since it seems there's a long-increasing douchey factor in All Things Will Smith & Family, I was laughing to see his latest flagship sinking into suck.

Yes, this X 1,000,000.

Although I do feel sort of bad that M.Night Shyamalan is taking another huge career hit for After Earth flopping.  From what I understand, it's a bad film all around and while the director of a bad movie should take some blame, Will Smith still wrote the script and made himself and his son the two lead actors.

I don't know how it happened, specifically, but over the last few years I've grown to strongly dislike all things Will Smith.

His acting bores me, he has a growing reputation as a huge diva (see: the production issues he created for Men in Black 3 as well as turning down Django Unchained because the violence didn't fit his "brand" image), and he's an unconfirmed Scientologist.

I can understand that as a parent, he wants to see his son do well, and will do as much as he can to help his son's career, but something about the way he's pushing his son on Hollywood doesn't sit right with me.

Tom Cruise has become the "cool" celebrity to rip-on, but I'd much rather see the next Tom Cruise movie over the next Will Smith film.