Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

I dunno. After my initial negative reaction, the fast (they're like the quick-rabid version ala "28 days/weeks later", and no, the book is not like that) attack and the CGI "spilling" effect of motion (hordes running/climbing across/on top of/over each other) is looking better after repeated and slow-mo viewing. It's now striking me as "ok" and even innovative, as they were obviously looking for some new gimmick-look for yet another zombie movie that "should" be a grand-daddy of them all to date. They are beginning to win me over. Also the Pitt/lead role looks like it's going to be quite different than the book from what I hear/see.

I'll see Lincoln this weekend, loved the new Bond, and am even preparing myself to deal with 5' 1" goofbutt Tom Cruise :mad: as one of my heroes, 6' 3" quiet badass Jack Reacher, having now seen the trailer in the theater. The idjit does make some great action movies and this one could be another.

I saw Lincoln last week.

Its very cheesy, but the acting is pretty top notch.

---------- Post added November-16th-2012 at 02:08 PM ----------

Also saw Life of Pi a few days ago. Amazing movie. Visually incredible. Just amazing, I really cant say that enough.

I think thats going to be the Academy Award favorite.

---------- Post added November-16th-2012 at 02:11 PM ----------

Also saw Life of Pi a few days ago. Amazing movie. Visually incredible. Just amazing, I really cant say that enough.

I think thats going to be the Academy Award favorite.

This promises to be intense and excellent story-telling.

‘Zero Dark Thirty’ presents an unflinching look at the mission to find bin Ladin

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/zero-dark-thirty-presents-unflinching-look-mission-bin-223435476.html

The Hurt Locker" was a stark, uncompromising, and non-political examination of the Iraq War, and its gritty depiction of the conflict helped it earn six Academy Awards, including Best Picture. The film created a remarkable level of tension an unease as it followed bomb disposal techs as they risked life and limb to defuse improvised explosives. Now, the Oscar-winning director and screenwriter are back with another plucked-from-the-headlines story, and this one might be even more polarizing and tough to watch.

"Zero Dark Thirty" tells the story of the decade-long mission to find Osama bin Ladin, going into the shadowy world of intelligence operatives to uncover how the largest manhunt in history went down. And director Kathryn Bigelow and writer Mark Boal don't shy away from depicting the "enhanced interrogation" techniques like waterboarding that were used along the way. "The new movie is not for the faint of heart or for those expecting typical Hollywood fare," is how The New York Times put it. And it's not just for the clear-eyed depiction of torture, but also what The Hollywood Reporter describes as "its denial of conventional emotionalism and non-gung ho approach to cathartic revenge-taking."

more at link

This promises to be intense and excellent story-telling.

‘Zero Dark Thirty’ presents an unflinching look at the mission to find bin Ladin

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/zero-dark-thirty-presents-unflinching-look-mission-bin-223435476.html

more at link

I saw Lincoln yesterday, and Zero Dark Thirty was one of the previews. Does look like a really cool movie.

Also saw the Jack Reacher preview again, and still can not buy Tom Cruise as the ultimate badass. It's a shame, because the movie does look like it will be good, but I'm afraid mis-casting is going to ruin it. I've never even read the books, but I can tell just by what I've seen in the previews that there are a hundred other actors who would be better suited to playing that lead role.

JGL to be Batman in new Superman and Justice League movies?

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/joseph-gordon-levitt-batman-justice-league-155619101.html

Christopher Nolan might be done with The Caped Crusader, but is "The Dark Knight Rises" star Joseph Gordon-Levitt about to take on the iconic role?

According toHitFix sources, the actor will appear in the upcoming "Justice League" movie (which unites Superman, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman) as Batman.

MORE AFTER LINK

"Killing Them Softly" the new Brad Pitt movie in which he plays a hit man, looks very interesting.

~Bang

I'll give just about any movie that features a Johnny Cash song in the trailer a chance.

JGL to be Batman in new Superman and Justice League movies?

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/joseph-gordon-levitt-batman-justice-league-155619101.html

Christopher Nolan might be done with The Caped Crusader, but is "The Dark Knight Rises" star Joseph Gordon-Levitt about to take on the iconic role?

According toHitFix sources, the actor will appear in the upcoming "Justice League" movie (which unites Superman, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman) as Batman.

MORE AFTER LINK

Do not want.

I like JGL in The Dark Knight Rises. I thought that was a cool way to tie the "Robin" character into the finale of that series.

But he's no Batman.

I think they have two choices with that role: either somehow bring Bale back (which would be the smart move if they're trying to match The Avengers, although they're kind of rushing this whole Justice League project anyway which isn't a good sign and is certainly not how Marvel went about it), or re-cast the character completely.

• 2 weeks later...

New Lone Ranger trailer.

http://www.ibtimes.com/lone-ranger-trailer-reveals-plot-disneys-latest-blockbuster-934458

I remember the last disaster, be interesting to see if this one makes it. Sure looks better than the one that launched the great career of Klinton Spilsbury (I'll always remember that name, even if that movie is the only place it's even been featured).