Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

I love comic books, but have not actually read the whole Civil War story arc. From the rumors I have been hearing about Captain America 3, I decided to pick up the TPB this weekend. You could see the story heading this direction after Captain America 2 for sure.

I still hope they work a deal so Spider-man can be in future Avenger movies.

Big time. The introduction of crossbones, planting Bucky as a big character going forward, even a bit of foreshadowing with him holding the shield during one of the fights. I think its a story that will play out very well on the big screen. The only thing is there's no hero who can be unmasked in a big dramatic way as a result of the superhero registration act. Spiderman was that character in the source material, but everyone knows the identities of all the avengers. 

Here's one for all you Bronies:

Hasbro Working on 'My Little Pony' Movie

Hasbro has greenlighted an animated film about its My Little Pony toy line, producing and financing the movie in-house via its Allspark Pictures film label, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Joe Ballarini (Dance of the Dead, Father vs. Son) is writing the script for a planned 2017 release.

my-little-pony_a_l.jpg

http://deadline.com/2014/10/benedict-cumberbatch-doctor-strange-movie-cast-862815/

Benedict Cumberbatch To Play ‘Doctor Strange’

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel has finally found its Doctor Strange. I’m hearing Benedict Cumberbatch is the studio’s choice for the superhero pic, and negotiations are about to begin. The news comes after talks with Joaquin Phoenix around the time of Comic-Con went south, and Marvel went back to the drawing board. With names like Jared Leto and Tom Hardy also in the mix, this is obviously a coveted role. I expect this deal to make.

Cumberbatch is in the Oscar hunt this year for The Imitation Game, the Alan Turing biopic that the Weinstein Co is priming for a November 21 release. His hot streak has included winning the Emmy for playing Sherlock Holmes on the BBC/PBS hit Sherlock.

Phoenix never had a deal, and Marvel quickly got into it with other actors to play Doctor Strange in a free-standing film.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

Absurd, brainless fun.  If those movies are on HBO I will stop and watch them for sure.  People love to hate on them, but what do you expect?  Cheesy lines, bad acting, great car chases, over the top stunts and explosions.  I'm assuming this is Paul Walker's last movie, I might go see it in the theatre's come April.

Would one of you movie bosses mind schooling Young Matthew? 

Interstellar is being shown in both regular format and 35mm format...which one do I see?  What's the deal with 35mm? 

It was mainly filmed in Imax 70 mm as 35 mm is pretty much DOA now :(

Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" is fast approaching, and full details of the film's release strategy have finally been revealed.

Despite the fact that 35mm is almost dead, Nolan, along with directors like Quentin Tarantino, Paul Thomas Anderson, J.J. Abrams, and a few others, vow to keep the format alive by continuing to shoot on film the old-fashioned way. 

Nolan's campaign to save the ailing format picked up steam when Paramount announced Wednesday that theaters equipped with 35mm and 70mm projectors will get the film two days early.

"We are taking a moment to acknowledge the huge heritage of film ... filmmakers like Chris and J.J. want to make sure that film is a part of the business going forward," Paramount Vice Chairman Rob Moore told The Hollywood Reporter.

In an interview with the Director's Guild of America magazine, Christopher Nolan himself outlined why he prefers film:35mm and 70mm film can look brighter and clearer than digital projection, though the latest IMAX and 4K digital projection technology comes close. Digital projection has caught on because it's cheaper to distribute, among other reasons.

"Interstellar" will be released in six different formats: IMAX 70mm, traditional 70mm, traditional IMAX, 35mm, 4K digital and standard digital. It will open in 70mm IMAX, 70mm film, and 35mm film on the evening of Tuesday, November 4th  two days before its official release date. 

Paramount has set up a website outlining the various ways that you can experience the film and sent out this handy graphic to sum it all up.

interstellar_1.png

• Like 1

It was mainly filmed in Imax 70 mm as 35 mm is pretty much DOA now :(

Thanks, Stevie!  Nice breakdown on that chart. 

Wow, Interstellar is playing tonight in several theaters across town in 35mm.  Won't be seeing it until saturday, though :(

Thanks, Stevie!  Nice breakdown on that chart. 

Wow, Interstellar is playing tonight in several theaters across town in 35mm.  Won't be seeing it until saturday, though :(

No problem Youngchew. If you live in Nova I suggest the Alamo Drafthouse unless you're  wanting to see it in Imax..

No problem Youngchew. If you live in Nova I suggest the Alamo Drafthouse unless you're  wanting to see it in Imax..

Alamo Drafthouse is the only theater we go to now a days, literally. Since last we first discovered Alamo about two years ago, we have not been to another theater since, and we go to the movies at least twice a month

It still baffles me how the word about Alamo Drafthouse hasn't spread yet, its easily the best movie theater experience I've ever had.  i just booked the wife and I for interstellar this saturday morning at Alamo here in Denver :)

and their chicken wings! Dayum!!!

Edited by Chew