Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

FF4 trailer looks better than what I was expecting based off the casting, but that series along with Spiderman and a few others need to move past origin stories. Most interested in those movies know the story going in.

Seriously. I get so tired of that ****. Complete waste of time and money

Seriously. I get so tired of that ****. Complete waste of time and money

I liked Patton Oswalt's comments on reboots from a recent interview:

PO: I have nothing against reboots philosophically. Do it if you're really inspired and you see something that didn't work in the original and you think you have a better idea. But a lot of these, they are just kind of dead-eyed, cynical, "Oh it worked for us before so let's do another one." The first two Spider-Man movies were ****ing great. So why do you need to reboot them? That's just like, "Well, we can squeeze some more money." But if you're making a reboot because someone had a great concept and didn't go far enough with it and you can go further, great. But I don't know. A lot of them are just cynical.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/patton-oswalt-silver-screen-fiend-interview

‘Terminator: Genisys’ Super Bowl Ad Premieres (Video)

Paramount Pictures released a new "Terminator: Genisys" Super Bowl ad on Thursday.

The 30-second trailer features Sarah Connor, played by "Game of Thrones" actress Emilia Clarke, fighting alongside the original Terminator, Arnold Schwarzenegger. They must do battle with not only a new liquid metal T-1000, but also a younger version of The Terminator himself.

In this reboot of the "Terminator" franchise, human freedom fighter John Connor (Jason Clarke) sends Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) back in time to protect his mother, Sarah. However, an unforeseen event creates an alternate timeline, leaving Reese struggling in a past with which he is not familiar.

However, this new past presents Reese and Sarah with the opportunity to alter the apocalyptic future.

The action-packed ad features flipping school buses, death-defying drops from a bridge and balls of fire, as Sarah proclaims, "Everything's changed," and Schwarzenegger delivers his iconic line, "I'll be back."

"Terminator: Genisys" also stars J. K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, Matthew Smith, Courtney B. Vance and Byung-Hun Lee. It premieres July 1, 2015.

The spot will air during the second quarter of Super Bowl XLIX, which kicks off on Sunday, Feb. 1 at 3.30 p.m. PT/6.30 p.m. ET on NBC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Bond movie, SPECTRE looks like it's going to great.

That's a fan made trailer and not real. They did a good job though but no official Spectre trailers are out yet.

I thought it was the case and then when I heard Waltz lines from Django I knew.

But I can't wait for it, I love the Daniel Craig Bond movies, they are excellent.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

That's a fan made trailer and not real. They did a good job though but no official Spectre trailers are out yet.

I thought it was the case and then when I heard Waltz lines from Django I knew.

But I can't wait for it, I love the Daniel Craig Bond movies, they are excellent.

I thought it was kind of odd that they had a trailer out already since the movie was still filming. 

Well, the teaser poster is real though. :)

CAUISw8WAAA-O9O.jpg

• Like 1

new Mission Impossible trailer.

Cruise is 52 and still doing all his own stunts.  I know we all get a good laugh about the scientology stuff and the tabloid fodder and whatnot, but the guy is a freaking pro. 

Cruise has turned out some pretty decent action flicks. Edge of Tomorrow was really overlooked I feel like and it's one of my favorite sci-fi movies of the past few years. 

I don't really care about the mission impossible franchise though. 

Arnie might have just made a halfway decent movie again.

Wow, looks great. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Cruise has turned out some pretty decent action flicks. Edge of Tomorrow was really overlooked I feel like and it's one of my favorite sci-fi movies of the past few years. 

I don't really care about the mission impossible franchise though. 

I've heard nothing but great things about Edge of Tomorrow.  it's high on my netflix list.

I've heard nothing but great things about Edge of Tomorrow.  it's high on my netflix list.

check it out sooner than later, pretty fun movie.

@ Momma, even if you don't like the MI films, you still have to watch them.  Movie Guy's code.  explosions? check.  fast cars? check.  hot chicks?  check.  boom, you have to watch it lol.

and some of us are patiently waiting for you to get around to Oldboy ;)

• Like 1