Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Previews of Coming Attractions: Upcoming New Movies (Thoughts and Info on Movies That Don't Have Their Own Thread Yet).

Jumbo

Tom Hardy Attached to Three More ‘Mad Max’ Films

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/tom-hardy-attached-to-three-more-%E2%80%98mad-max%E2%80%99-films/ar-AAanjQP?ocid=ansvariety11

<edited>

Tom Hardy has revealed that he’s attached to star in three more “Mad Max” films following “Mad Max: Fury Road,” which opens May 15.

In an interview with Miranda Collinge for Esquire magazine, Hardy made the disclosure during a discussion of his role in the fourth “Mad Max.”

The magazine posted the story this week, including this excerpt: As for the pressure, Hardy says it’s enormous. “I’ve never been more excited and out of my comfort zone.” He’s seen the film, and says it’s “****ing unbelievable.”

He’s attached to a further three “Mad Max” films, though as he says, “Everything’s based on figures and how things are perceived. Inevitably it’s a business.”

Miller, who began filming “Fury Road” in 2012, had said several years ago that he planned to shoot two films back-to-back, with the second titled “Mad Max: Furiosa,” but Warner Bros. has not confirmed that there will be any more films in the franchise.

Hardy has a first-look producing deal at Warner Bros. through his Executive Options banner. He’s been filming Western drama “The Revenant” with Leonardo DiCaprio and “Birdman” director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.

The four aren't guaranteed as this point it seems (logically enough). More at link.

• Like 2

Terminator still isn't rated. I'm holding out for R, but I won't hold my breath. The fact that its teetering between PG-13 and R means it would be a really week R movie anyway. **** Hollywood. Give me that GRAPHIC violence that the series was built on in the first two joints.

Good look Momma, definitely staying away from the trailer. I have the attention span of a goldfish, and when it comes man-crushing on actors, Jakie Pooh is my latest guy after Nighrcrawler. I'm just gonna stay away from any trailers with Gyllenhal from now on. I don't want to know anything else but the title. Google says late July. I'm in. ALL the way in. Take me to that magical place you take us to during your films, Jake. That place is the edge of our seats.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Trailer didn't show much, but definitely set things up.  I'm excited.

We can at least totally toss the theory that Batman is intervening to stop Superman after Metropolis' destruction; you don't build a big statue of a guy the government is out to contain.  Makes me wonder why Batman is stepping in.

Trailer didn't show much, but definitely set things up. I'm excited.

We can at least totally toss the theory that Batman is intervening to stop Superman after Metropolis' destruction; you don't build a big statue of a guy the government is out to contain. Makes me wonder why Batman is stepping in.

The trailer made it seem as if Batman felt threatened by Superman. "That's how it starts, the feeling of rage, of powerlessness. It turns good men cruel" Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

So Star Wars will begin production on another movie for 2016....

Star Wars: Rogue One

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3748528/

Star Wars: Rogue One is the first film in the new Star Wars Anthology series (that’s the official title for the spin-off movies) and features a plot in which “a rogue band of fighters come together to steal the death star plans.”

IMG_53321-1024x768-720x540.jpg

https://scontent-1.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xap1/v/t42.1790-2/11175359_970449372973605_637610912_n.mp4?efg=eyJxZSI6ImZiY2RuX3ZpZGVvX3JhdGVsaW1pdF9yb2xsb3V0Mix2X3JvbGxvdXQiLCJybHIiOjMxNiwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=316&vabr=176&oh=baf9cf6c23d6016862214f62b1ae9f10&oe=55348A0D

Edited by actualone

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3748528/

Star Wars: Rogue One is the first film in the new Star Wars Anthology series (that’s the official title for the spin-off movies) and features a plot in which “a rogue band of fighters come together to steal the death star plans.”

https://scontent-1.2914.fna.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xap1/v/t42.1790-2/11175359_970449372973605_637610912_n.mp4?efg=eyJxZSI6ImZiY2RuX3ZpZGVvX3JhdGVsaW1pdF9yb2xsb3V0Mix2X3JvbGxvdXQiLCJybHIiOjMxNiwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=316&vabr=176&oh=baf9cf6c23d6016862214f62b1ae9f10&oe=55348A0D

Weren't the Death Star's plans stolen in Shadows of the Empire?

may have been, but Lucas apparently said that only the films are cannon and not expanded universe

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

so...no it was stated by some other author and not Lucas...

I dug a little deeper to see that this movie is about the plans to the FIRST death star, so it would not be Shadows of the Empire (but instead fall into Dark Forces territory with Kyle Katarn, but I don't consider that canon). The other thing worth mentioning is that Shadows of the Empire was supposed to be official. They had a book, a game, and a comic all made under the banner of Shadows of the Empire that were supposed to combine to tell the story. Hell, didn't they CGI the Outrider into The Empire Strikes Back leaving Hoth? Edited by PokerPacker

IMG_53321-1024x768-720x540.jpg

I dug a little deeper to see that this movie is about the plans to the FIRST death star, so it would not be Shadows of the Empire (but instead fall into Dark Forces territory with Kyle Katarn, but I don't consider that canon). The other thing worth mentioning is that Shadows of the Empire was supposed to be official. They had a book, a game, and a comic all made under the banner of Shadows of the Empire that were supposed to combine to tell the story. Hell, didn't they CGI the Outrider into The Empire Strikes Back leaving Hoth?

Yep, they did....but I guess Lucas is allowing Disney to rewrite the EU. He makes the decision on what is official. Fans can have their ideas.

Edited by actualone

Chris on a bike, working with raptors to take down the big dino? Not good....

The "oh my god" factor for this movie just went down some for me. Of course I'll be there opening day, but ehhh....not what I was expecting.

Bryce Dallas Howard though...ughhhh. :schwing: