Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Be honest, who thought our Defense was going to be top 10?

Zarg

It's time to come clean, I want you to admit you were wrong and that you were drinking the Kool-Aid.

This defense is atrocious. I love me some Fletcher, but he has lost a step. Hall, you played relatively good. It's just the receivers were incredible. Making catches in traffic and draped in coverage.

I admit I was wrong, I thought this defense would be much, much better. I understand Orakpo is out, but through the first 2 games I was not too impressed with his ability to get to the QB anyway. But I never thought we'd look this bad....

I don't think many people did. I've been saying all offseason, along with many others...that our secondary was garbage..

We are giving up historic numbers in yards/TDs through the air and it isn't gonna get any better even with Meriweather coming back. Meriweather isn't all that good himself.

It's no excuse for some of the sloppy and weak play, but we knew the pass d was a big weakness this year, and that was before meriweather and tanard were lost

Exactly. I know we were hamstrung by the cap penalties, but it is completely mind numbing why we settled for the secondary we currently have. Meriweather will not be much help, if any at all.

I'll be honest, I thought we might crack the top 10. We knew there were questions in the secondary, but I didn't realize it would be this bad.

For the first time in a while, this looks to be a team that's going to have to average 30 points a week to have a chance at winning.

Prior to losing Jackson, Meriweather, Orakpo, and Carriker I don't think top 10 (but not top 5) was out of the question. The secondary would have still been a weakness, but nothing terrible so long as we had 2 decent healthy safeties.

The moment we lost Jackson we lost a huge piece. Meriweather's injury cost us too. Orakpo and Carriker in the same week pretty much dashed any hopes that remained. So yeah, I thought we had a chance of being top 10, but that was 3 players ago (not including Meriweather, who might not even be 100%).

I thought we'd be able to get pressure. So in a way, regardless of the secondary, I felt we'd be able to help an inept backfield with good pass rush/pressure. No pass rush and weak cover skills= disaster

Same ol' Skins except we have a pretty new car running the offense. Still ****ing driving in circles and going nowhere even with the new car though. Plus we overpaid considering the amount of holes we have. Plus no cap room next year. This is going to take a while it appears. What else is new? :rolleyes:

There's no reason our pass d needs to be THAT bad. There's something incredibly wrong with the scheme. DHall and Wilson are both credible NFL corners. Gomes was okay last year and Williams is at least on the field.

They are not average, they are not below average, they are pee wee football team playing ball for the first time in their lives.

I'm a little perplexed at how the secondary is being put in zone coverage, when that is clearly not their strength. Haslett is not doing them any favors whatsoever; he's definitely not putting them in the best position to be successful. Our defense is just so awful - I have a queasy feeling every time they're on the field, and that hasn't happened in a long time.

When Jim Haslett is your defensive coordinator, and you haven't inherited a Dick LeBeau defense (as he did when he ran the 3-4 in Pittsburgh [and while in Pittsburgh, each year that passed they got progressively worse]) you can't count on a top 10 defense. Ever.

That said, I thought we'd be better than "one of the worst defenses ever"

I expected an average defense. This is pure crap. Completely unacceptable after 3 years of building the 3-4. We scrapped a defense that was good to great and built this heap of CRAP.

Dumb dumb dumb.

I agree...The sad part is its been 3 years.....And every year it gets worst...I would get rid of Haslett now..keepin him aint gonna do no good...at least we may have a shot at saving our season

Archived