Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Be honest, who thought our Defense was going to be top 10?

Zarg

One thing we can't forget is we are still rebuilding. Atleast now we have a an offense that can put some points on the board. Our D needs alot of help right now but it is what it is. We're forcing turnovers and capitalizing on them, we just need to tighten up our coverage and stop giving up the big plays. When you are putting up 30 points a game, you should not be losing football games.

Sure wish Bernstine was healthy (Minnifield too). Even if he (and Minnifield) wouldn't have been an improvement, at least he/they would have grown with the team and gotten experience. Along those lines I'm looking forward to seeing more of Crawford, even though he gave up one of the long TDs.

This front seven (for the most part) is not one that'll get to the QB quickly. For that reason, I understand the blitzing. Really though? The secondary needs all the help it can get in coverage. I'd like to see more judicious use of the blitz and a better job disguising them.

I'm hopeful that a healthy Merriweather, Crawford getting more PT and altered scheme/playcalling can get us out the bottom 5 (or 10). As things are looking though, that's admittedly pretty optimistic.

People say we are rebuilding? please.........I'm watching the Green Bay game right now and they are playing 4 ROOKIES at one time on defense....

And Seatlle has 7 points heading into the 4th. What we need is better coaching. (imo):silly:

This is what I've been saying too...

We should play Keenan Robinson at OLB. This means we switch to the 4-3 def... play Robinson, Riley, and Fletcher at LBs. Carrigan, Jenkins, Bowen, and Jackson on the D-Line. It gives the defense more flexibility... And we should play Tampa- 2 ( bend but dont break) defense.

I just now saw this thread. Yes, I admit 100% I was one of the people saying we would be a top 10, even top 5 defense. With the loss of Rak and Carriker, of course that changes a bit. The way we have started off the season, we don't look like we could defense against a High School team. I do have faith that Shanny is not a moron. His pride is going to frustrate us, but eventually that seat is going to get rather hot. You can't sit back and allow your DC to botch games week after week, without expecting a lashing from Sir Snyder. So, I stand by thoughts. I think we will turn it around. It's going to take so Haslett Humbling, but I truly believe we will get that average pts per game down considerably. It will start, against a Struggling Tampa Offense.

HAIL!!!

Archived