Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Inside Biz.com-Sources: Sacramento Kings may move to Virginia Beach, arena deal in the works

authentic

Heck I usually see more news written about East Carolina in VA, Beach than I do Raleigh/ Durham :ols:Everyones always bashed ECU's market. Don't even want to talk about Chapel Hill, I guess "their market is in Raleigh/Durham" whatever

That's cause they're jealous of our style.

1341435010975.jpg

But anyway, that is a bit of a shock. I knew there were a lot of people in that area, but VA Beach was the last place I'd expect a pro franchise to go. I thought they'd send 'em north to Seattle to fill the void the Supersonics/Thunder made.

I'm sure some people thought Oklahoma City couldn't support a team either.

OKC showed a great deal of interest in supporting an NBA team when the Hornets temporarily played there.

Also helps they have the best young rising star in the NBA.

The Kings are awful.

First of all, he calls the NHL- The National League Hockey- dumbass

Second, the Carolina Hurricanes were not an expansion team that was placed in Raleigh. They were the old Hartford Whalers that moved to Raleigh

Third, they have the population, but would Leonsis pull a Angelos/Cooke and not let a team in that market?

I think the last thing this area can support is a pro team.

As was stated earlier, the Admirals and Destroyers both won their chapionships last year and no one gave two ****s. I could see the stadium at the sportsplex, there is a ton of land there, and its 2 mins from me, the traffic on princess anne would be stupid awful :ols:

the Admirals!??

the Destroyers??!

are those roller derby teams or moster trucks?

nobody watched them....? shocking!

---------- Post added August-23rd-2012 at 07:50 PM ----------

the kings are my team by the way... so a move to Norfolk (where my inlaws live) would be the best possible outcome forom me. But ...the maloofs suck donkey anus and will continue to kill that team wherever they mangae to get a sweetheart deal.

my tow teams (the kings and redskins) have the two worst sets of owners in all of sports....yay for me! :(

the Admirals!??

the Destroyers??!

are those roller derby teams or moster trucks?

nobody watched them....? shocking!

Admirals are the hockey team that used to be affiliated with the Tampa Bay Lightning. They won 28 straight games this past season, a professional hockey team record, and still no one gave a damn.

Destroyers are the UFL football team that is coached by Marty Schottenheimer (remember him, former Redskins Head Coach?) Still no one gives a ****.

Again, it will fail, especially because the Kings are garbage. Run away...

Wow that's a shock to me. Not putting down Va Beach area or anything, but I could actually seeing it work for them. Lots of hoop fans down that area, and also you have one of the biggest Naval bases in the country. It would get support down there.

One of? Isn't NAS the largest one in the world?

Admirals are the hockey team that used to be affiliated with the Tampa Bay Lightning. They won 28 straight games this past season, a professional hockey team record, and still no one gave a damn.

Destroyers are the UFL football team that is coached by Marty Schottenheimer (remember him, former Redskins Head Coach?) Still no one gives a ****.

Again, it will fail, especially because the Kings are garbage. Run away...

I don't think it would fail. They would, though, have the same problem as DC probably does, a large transient population.

That said, as bad as the Maloofs are - if they're given a sweetheart deal - I can see Kings (Squires!!!!) rebounding well. The Kings were good when they had the talent (Peja, CWebb, Vlade, etc) and the finances.

I'm sure some people thought Oklahoma City couldn't support a team either.

Well, they happened to get the most exciting young team in the league.

Throw the Kings into OKC and see what happens.

I just don't see how there are enough corporate dollars there to make this work. Does Amerigroup have that kind of entertainment budget?

Well' date=' they happened to get the most exciting young team in the league.

Throw the Kings into OKC and see what happens.

I just don't see how there are enough corporate dollars there to make this work. Does Amerigroup have that kind of entertainment budget?[/quote']

Exactly. They won 50 games their second season and everyone gets a pass their first season because of excitement. Throw them a 30-50 team and see where their profits would be.

point taken... the only difference is that they are frothing with talent.. but again, point taken.. :ols:

Frothing with talent? Seriously? LIke Tyreke Evans who has gotten worse every single year? Who they've been trying to trade for the last two years? That Tyreke Evans? Yeah, someone is frothing with something here.

Matter of factly.........the last time Hampton Roads had a professional team.....they played at the Coliseum. They also had a future HOF'er on that squad by the name of Julius Erving :mad:

when you say Coliseum you are referring to the Hampton Coliseum, right? Actually the Virginia Squires played in four different homes, in addition to the Hampton Coliseum they also played home games at Scope in Norfolk, the Richmond Coliseum and the Roanoke Civic Center.

Why is it a bad choice?

Nothing about the VA Beach area. I just think if they move. It should be to one of these places

Back to Seattle

KC

Cincy

St. Louis

Pittsburgh

I believe all but one of those cities already have a spot where they could play. Some have newer arenas like KC and Pittsburgh.

If they came east, we'd need a complete NBA realignment. Maybe get rid of East/West to mix it up more.

Archived