Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What would make you want to attend more Redskins' games?

MattFancy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The atmosphere at Skins games is just so awful I really don't have any interest in going.

I have been to college football games all over the place and the drunken violence at FedEx is much much worse than any college game I've been to.

I love to party but I don't want to be surrounded by douchebags punching the crap out of each other while I'm watching a game.

100% accurate...I never thought I would say this but as I get older I have lost my patients for large crowds, especially large crowds filled with drunk douchebags arguing and fighting. Plus I want to bring my kids but no way can I now as it is completely unsafe IMO.

The other reason I out other is the parking situation. Now I don't have to drive as far but to drive 2 hours, pay 35 or more to park just to get 4 hours of tailgating or pre game time is a joke. If I am paying that much I want to get there when I want to get there not have to sit outside the gates waiting for them to open. I also want more parking amenities ( like the big screens showing the pre game coverage) at every game.

I guess you sit in your seat and stare forward during TV timeouts, halftime, etc. :) I like to check my phone for scores of other games, check my fantasy scores, etc. It's not like I'm buried in my phone when the actual play is going on. I think the Redskins could release a branded app that gives you the stats in real-time during the game, countdown to kickoff, etc.

Just yankin' your chain! I know lot's of folks who do the same thing.

Seriously though for me it's obviously geography but listening to many here concession/parking prices seems to be a factor.

What is the going rate for tickets nowadays?

I think tickets in the last row of the stadium cost around $45 and you can get obstructed views in the 200 level for a little cheaper I think but I may not be remembering the correctly. Been a few years since I last attended.

Aside from the obvious of living in NC, my issues with going to the games are as follows:

Parking and Traffic:

The spots are too tight, there are too few spots, and if you don't get there hours before the game, it's nearly impossible to get a spot. There should be adequate space for both parking and tailgating. Unfortunately, you have to sacrifice one or the other the way things are currently.

The traffic getting to the game isn't that bad. When I'm in town, I don't come from too far away and I know where to go to get to my spot. Leaving the game, however is a completely different matter. It's just a chaotic zoo. And if the game is a blow out and you stay to the end, forget about getting out in less than a couple of hours. Once traffic starts to backup, it takes forever to get out.

I'm not sure how to solve either of these issues, but they definitely need to be improved.

The two things in stadium that bothers me is all the drunk idiots in the stands. I've seen too many fights and too many people who think they are invicible because they are too drunk to know otherwise. I only get to one or maybe 2 games a year and I still see it. You would think I would get lucky every now and again and not see this every time I go. But it happens every time. Alcohol is a serious problem at the stadium, but if you try to contol it in the stadium, people will just drink more outside the stadium. That reallly comes down to the fans, not the stadium staff.

The last thing that bugs me is all the visiting fans in the stadium. I know people blame all kinds of things for that. But what it really comes down to is the fans being committed to the team all the time and not just when they are winning. I know there has been little to get excited about the past several years. I guess I'm one of the few that gets excited just seeing the burgundy and gold. I wish I lived closer so that I could go to more games, but I have to make a special trip to go to the games. I wish more local fans didn't take going to the games for granted.

The last thing that bugs me is all the visiting fans in the stadium. I know people blame all kinds of things for that. But what it really comes down to is the fans being committed to the team all the time and not just when they are winning. I know there has been little to get excited about the past several years. I guess I'm one of the few that gets excited just seeing the burgundy and gold. I wish I lived closer so that I could go to more games, but I have to make a special trip to go to the games. I wish more local fans didn't take going to the games for granted.

Opposing fans is a result of the unsold tickets moreso than fans being committed. The simple truth is the stadium is NEVER sold out and tickets are available for pennies on the dollar to opponents fans. The mantra that it's Redskins fans selling tickets to anyone and everyone is old. There are too many unsold tickets and they end up to whoever wants them.

We need a smaller ticket base, which the Redskins are doing due to pressures from poor ticket sales for general admission and awful club seat contracts.

i have missed only 3 games in the past 5 years. Fedex is making vast improvements to improve the game experience. What would make me more happy is the joke fan base we have. Most of the fans have no clue how to watch football and we have too many fans coming to our game who are not interested in watching the actual game.

I put "other" which in my case would be "Me relocating to Washington DC"...I'm a ways away.

As far as the Red Zone Screen....I think people should focus on the game they are attending. If you're watching Red Zone while the team is down, how are you going to make noise when the visiting O is on the field? Just my .02 worth.

PS: This is my 500th post since 2002. Someone shoot me with a confetti gun.

Maybe we can charter a bus from Nampa to DC... There is at least two of us - how many more do we need? Maybe we can pick up a few guys along the way? ;)

Free air fare.

Yes please....:ols:

Anyone else said the potential for some exciting football ?

I don't attend games, but do watch every week online. Whilst that's not the point of the thread, I still pretty much knew what I was going to be watching was poor. Win or lose, it's fair to say it been years of poor football through much of the actual playing time.

RG3 clearly brings excitement. Even when we lose, I'm thinking the game should be generally far more exciting....

That would make me more inclined to spend more money & attend more games.

I voted other. For me it would be move the stadium into DC. If it was as easy to get to as VC then I would be there for every home game. With the metro and living in Ballston I can walk out of my apartment and be inside the phone booth in about 20 mins. That is the biggest thing for me.

Honestly, cheaper anything isn't the real issue. The prices are competitive league wide. I get that in the grand scheme of things they're expensive, but it's not as if Dan Snyder personally has jacked up the prices.

What would really make everyone want to attend more games, is if the Redskins were good. There's a reason the stadium was louder in 2005 then it is now. We actually won a playoff game that year.

I would go if the team gave me a reason to go. I don't want to pay all that money just to see them get crushed.

I would definitely consider it for an important game, like the playoffs or even the NFC Championship. How cool would that be?

Archived