Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What would make you want to attend more Redskins' games?

MattFancy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It sucks so bad when you have a $400 day at FedEx, and the team craps it self right in front of you. Tickets arent cheap at all, $50 a seat, and you better have binoculars*(sp?) with you. $40 dollars to park and I have to wait an hour and a haph to go 5 miles. $9 a beer, $6 Cokes, $12 Chicken tenders add up. Then the walk back, after a terrible performance. If you don't question your fanhood during that walk back, well more power to ya. Lower the price on seats and parking, and just tell the fans to grab their ankles when it comes to alcohol prices, just like everywhere else does. Thanks for letting a July fan rant ExtremeSkins!

Hail

Guest Spearfeather

Shorter drive.

From Richmond, it's pretty much an all day affair. Usually leave here around 8:30, and get back around 8:30.

winning games

seriously though, the entire parking situation could be tightened up. Not to mention everyone leaving. I don't see why we have to settle for sitting in our cars not moving for 1 hour after the game. After the hour it took you to walk back to your car. Figure something out. More lanes, more traffic control, more ways in/ways out.

Couple of thoughts:

1) The parking lots are a disaster trying to get out (although they have been better over the past 2 years). If I pay $40 to park, I would like it to at least be quick to get in and out. Either improve public transportation in/out and fix the traffic patters around the stadium.

2) Im a huge fan of showing RedZone highlights and/or fantasy stats between plays and during timeouts. The NFL has to acknowledge that fans want access to fantasy stats and highlights at all times.

3) It would be expensive and only useful for late games, but get screens or something in the parking lot that show 1pm games.

4) Obviously the team being successful would be a big draw. It would also make it more difficult for visiting team fans to attend.

5) The prices are in line with other venues, but, the quality is terrible for concessions. Even carnivals and festivals have better food than the junk they serve at FedEx. Look at Nats park as an example, you can get Shake Shack, Bens Chili Bowl, real brats and sausages etc..

There is bens chili bowl at fedex now, and you can get real brats/sausages with onions and peppers, there are a few self standing stands around the stadium, you have to find them, usually near the club level escalators

winning games

seriously though, the entire parking situation could be tightened up. Not to mention everyone leaving. I don't see why we have to settle for sitting in our cars not moving for 1 hour after the game. After the hour it took you to walk back to your car. Figure something out. More lanes, more traffic control, more ways in/ways out.

you can only get in/out as fast as the city infrastructure will let you, for the location (middle of the hood)

getting in and out during gameday isnt so bad, its a fact of life you live with when you have 70k+ ppl show up at the same location.

i usually hang out in the parking lot and eat leftovers/drink for 45 mins or so after the game, it makes leaving the parking lot easier :)

Lets see.....maybe a trade for a potential stud qb......a speed and youth movement.....a sb winning coach and front office.....players who actually want to earn their paycheck......an owner who is in the background....not overpaying for players past their prime......and, of course, playing competitive football. Oh, that is what is happening already? Then renew my season tickets!!!

But seriously.....i almost gave up my season tickets this season....after having them for the past 3 seasons.....some of the worst in Redskin history. I can watch the team loseon tv.....and eat and drink far cheaper......and that doesn't include the drive to and from va bch where i live.

As far as fedex goes.....it is a pretty basic stadium for one that is only a little more than a decade old. I expect the food and beer gouges, but agree that the food is not only overpriced, but sub par. Also, consur that parking is stupidly expensive, and it is mind numbing to wait an hour or more to leave.....made more painful after a loss.

But.....with an exciting...and winning...team, many things can be overlooked.

To me it is Fed Ex itself. Going to RFK, you felt it before you got there, the excitement, electricity, more of a blue collar feel, a place where I would not mind taking younger kids (as I was taken by my father). Fed Ex seems to be a party destination, too many power drinkers who could not tell you what event they were at, but know the beer man by name. My son (well below drinking age) was offered a flask at a game a few years back. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against having a good time, but enough is enough. I get it from a business standpoint, gotta make that money somehow. My love for the Skins keeps me going back, but I am just as happy to relax/watch at home with the family. Maybe i am just an old fuddy duddy (even at 46 !!)

Hail

you can only get in/out as fast as the city infrastructure will let you, for the location (middle of the hood)

getting in and out during gameday isnt so bad, its a fact of life you live with when you have 70k+ ppl show up at the same location.

i usually hang out in the parking lot and eat leftovers/drink for 45 mins or so after the game, it makes leaving the parking lot easier :)

If you get to games/events with enough time to "back in" to your parking spot, it sure makes getting out easier and more fluid at the end. (Works for Braves games here.)

The drive from SoVa is 5 hours. The tickets are expensive, the concessions are expense. By the end of the day (if we drive there and back) is a couple hundred bucks worth of gas, a couple hundred per ticket, at least a hundred worth of merch and food....it ends up being just below a grand.

For that price I can buy one of the better flat screen TV's AND Sunday ticket and drink my good ol $1.50 beers with a good ol $12 pizza. Yep, I think I'll just stay.

Although, I went to my first game last year at the Cardinals game and TWAS INCREDIBLE. So, I'll go back...just not more than once or twice a year.

Winning will cure most of the problems. When your team gets embarrassed on the field, you remember the obnoxious drunk, exorbitant parking prices, and overwhelming numbers of opposing team fans. Wins bring a happy face, and fewer tickets sold to the enemy. Since we can't produce a winning team overnight, I think Washington needs to reduce the correctable problems in a stepwise fashion. First, get rid of the thugs and drunks. Zero tolerance for fighting and throwing beer. That will make for a better family experience, and young kids now will be our fanbase for the future. I could give a rats azz about the need for wifi so you can see how the Chiefs game is going

I'm young and money isn't exactly flowing to me, so cheaper tickets would get me to a game. I imagine parking would be my 2nd issue, since I hate, above everything else, wasting time going to and from events vs. actually being at the event.

Archived