Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What would make you want to attend more Redskins' games?

MattFancy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well TBH, I'm the kind of person who will always prefer to watch the majority of games from the comfort of my couch. I do attend a game or so a year, definitely moving the team back to D.C. would be a huge plus and fixing the parking situation would make it more enticing.

The parking situation would greatly help. The time sitting in the parking lot, especially when trying to leave, is really bad. My neighbor leaves at the end of the third quarter just to be able to get out of the parking lot in a reasonable amount of time. The parking fee needs to be looked at. It's just too high for what you have to put up with to get in and out of the stadium.

The parking situation would greatly help. The time sitting in the parking lot, especially when trying to leave, is really bad. My neighbor leaves at the end of the third quarter just to be able to get out of the parking lot in a reasonable amount of time. The parking fee needs to be looked at. It's just too high for what you have to put up with to get in and out of the stadium.

Cheaper parking would discourage carpooling and thus worsen the traffic issues. Perhaps a solution would be a price based on the number of tickets per vehicle?

5 or more tickets gets free parking nearest the stadium, 4 is $30, 3 is $40, 2 or less is $50. With the lower occupant price being the furthest away?? Just an idea, I live in the country and don't know a whole lot about traffic issues.

I couldn't attend more, I haven't missed a game in 5 years.

So from someone that has attended many games...

The Stadium? who cares, it has seats, concessions, bathrooms and a football field, works for me, I don't have to live there, just visit. Actually I kind of like the place as I would not pay the seat licence fees required to have a fancy hoity toity type stadium

The parking? If you tailgate, you get there early so no traffic to worry about. When leaving our theory is we're going to have to eat sometime anyway so why not in the parking lot after the game. Eating for an hour is better than sitting in traffic, we fire up the TV and watch the late game or post game shows. After an hour or so traffic is no problem.

An alternative is the Metro. Morgan Blvd, no shuttle but a short (1 mile) walk to the stadium. Metro does an adequate job of cycling trains so the wait isn't long on the platform.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a52c14/article/report-owners-planning-to-have-players-miked-up?module=HP11_headline_stack

Apparently they're going to have the mic'ed up players available to listen to in the stadium. I guess thats cool, seems a little weird to me TBH

No way this will ever be any good. They will have it so delayed, edited, and cut up I'll have no interest. On top of that they will charge like $10/game for access. I'll just watch the edited stuff on the NFL Network. With the NFL all of the sudden becoming "too violent" and going towards a family sport like baseball this doesn't seem like its going to work.

No way this will ever be any good. They will have it so delayed, edited, and cut up I'll have no interest. On top of that they will charge like $10/game for access. With the NFL all of the sudden becoming "too violent" and going towards a family sport like baseball this doesn't seem like its going to work.

What would Goodells penalty be for a player heard threatening to tackle someone hard? Oh the humanity...

Better team.

The last time the Redskins played close enough to me that I could see them without restrictive travel was for the last game of the 2009 season, and I was planning on buying tickets and going down to San Diego to see them, and I knew that under the current scheduling format, this would be the last time the Redskins played this close to me until the 2017 season. However, I got so disgusted with the Skins that season, I didn't go.

Fedex sucks. Period. I don't get to go to many games, but I was lucky enough to go to a handful at RFK. That place had the "it" factor.

The first game I went to at Fedex, my girlfriend bought us tickets. We flew to DC, and then booked our hotel near the stadium. I couldn't believe how disgusting the area was. I remember driving around for half an hour to find a decent place to eat, and we wound up having to eat at Red Lobster. The meal was disgusting...as you would expect. The overall Fedex experience made me want to take a shower.

The whole trip reminded me of going to Orioles games when I was a kid. Dad used to skimp on the hotel, and we stayed in some really shady places. I remember one had a restaurant with a "duck on fire" on the sign. We've always referred to crappy hotels since then as "flaming ducks".

A seat where the players don't look like ants.

Hot dogs and beer that I don't have to get a loan to buy.

About 75000 less people.

And a bathroom that doesn't take 45 minutes round trip.

As you can tell I'm not a big fan of the gameday experience.

I could never be a season ticket holder but I do like to go to a game occasionally.

Fedex sucks. Period. I don't get to go to many games, but I was lucky enough to go to a handful at RFK. That place had the "it" factor.

The first game I went to at Fedex, my girlfriend bought us tickets. We flew to DC, and then booked our hotel near the stadium. I couldn't believe how disgusting the area was. I remember driving around for half an hour to find a decent place to eat, and we wound up having to eat at Red Lobster. The meal was disgusting...as you would expect. The overall Fedex experience made me want to take a shower.

The whole trip reminded me of going to Orioles games when I was a kid. Dad used to skimp on the hotel, and we stayed in some really shady places. I remember one had a restaurant with a "duck on fire" on the sign. We've always referred to crappy hotels since then as "flaming ducks".

Sums it up pretty well for what a visitor from out of town has to endure. Almost as bad for a local. Lets face it, the whole experience sux.

I really do not know what the Cooke klan was thinking when they conceived of the whole project. Football is a business. There is not one part of that whole package (location, architecture, public transportation, character, costs, game day experience) that seems to align with a successful business strategy. I guess they were just hell bent on getting a stadium of their own as quick as possible because they felt they could not compete economically and took the only place that would have them. I am not saying they are not filling the place up a lot of weeks and making money. I am just saying they could be making a lot more money if they had waited and cut a deal elsewhere and developed the project in a much more profitable way that what they have now. The fans would then be getting a much better return on THEIR investment too and maybe not feel as bad about all the $$ it takes to enjoy Redskins football in person.

The "it" factor was a perennial winner, with Super Bowl wins sprinkled in.

Sums it up pretty well for what a visitor from out of town has to endure. Almost as bad for a local. Lets face it, the whole experience sux.

I really do not know what the Cooke klan was thinking when they conceived of the whole project. Football is a business. There is not one part of that whole package (location, architecture, public transportation, character, costs, game day experience) that seems to align with a successful business strategy. I guess they were just hell bent on getting a stadium of their own as quick as possible because they felt they could not compete economically and took the only place that would have them. .

Maybe the fact he was dying and DC and VA turned him down and in doing so he had to rush to finish a stadium before his death. Granted it led to a vanilla stadium, but I do see his motivation.

Cheaper concessions would be awesome, but I doubt that will happen. Free or cheap wifi would be a start. Has anyone ever tried to use their phone during a game? It's near impossible to get data to work because of how many people are trying to access everything at the same time. I would pay $5 a game for good, fast wifi. Honestly I'm surprised it hasn't been offered yet.

I'm sure Dan Snyder has his pen all ready to jot our ideas down. But here they are anyhow.....

A Dozen Suggested Improvements for Fed Ex Field

1. Repay the money taken from Federal Express and rename the stadium Redskins Stadium.

2. Take a little less advertising money and use some of that air time during TV timeouts to pump up the fans, show great plays, honor former players, etc. Every inch of the stadium that could be used to honor / celebrate the Redskins has been used to place an advertisement. A little less of that. Oh and turn the volums down just a bit.

3. Reduce the prices for the concessions. Allow people to bring food into the stadium like the previous owner did at the previous stadium.

4. Reduce ticket prices. Ii think at last check we were 6th highest in the league. Let's go for, let's say, 15th or so.

5. Don't force season ticket holders to purchase pre-season tickets to games at Fed Ex.

6. Reduce the price of parking. (It has been raised from $10 to $20 to $25 to $35 to $40 this millenium. Average parking in the NFL is $18.)

7. Eliminate the huge chain link fence that makes it harder to get into the stadium from the blue lots at Jericho.

8. Eliminate the dream seats that were plopped down right in front of the most loyal, long tenured fans of the team.

9. Add an escalator to the upper level. The walk to the upper level, where the majority of the seats are, is a tremendously difficult walk for an elderly person or someone with a handicap. Plus it is so crowded it’s dangerous. I’ve seen a few people get knocked over and stepped on. I have never been to one game where they were working properly.

10. There used to be an area for the kids called the NFL experience. Kids could kick a field goal, catch a pass from an older kid and run under a goal post, and run an obstacle course. No revenue was generated from this. It was soon paved over and corporate hospitality tents available for lease took its place. Put those back. Fun and free for the kids.

11. At RFK like most NFL stadiums outside vendors were allowed to sell pretzels, peanuts, etc at reduced prices as a benefit to the fans. They have been banned from the grounds of Fed Ex Field. Put those back.

12. More port-a-johns in all parking permit lots.

Winning more games, less fights and more Redskins fans would be a nice start.

I don't mind sitting in the 400 level because you are able to see holes as they open up and different routes the players run. I also feel like the fans upstairs are more cheerful during the game than those downstairs. When I sat in the lower level everyone spent most of the game sitting down and not really cheering on the team while on defense or even on big plays. At least that was my experience sitting in the upper and lower levels. So I guess more fan involvement would be a nice touch as well.

The concession prices don't really bother me but that could be because we usually throw in and bring food to tailgate with which usually holds us over for the whole game. On extremely hot days, they could offer water at a discounted rate to keep people from dehyrdating and/or buying more beer leading to a larger number of drunken fans.

12. More port-a-johns in all parking permit lots.

This is a great suggestion. We usually park in the green lot right off Morgan Boulevard and it seems like we are always 5-6 sections away from the nearest porter johns.

I've been to RFK

It was Great to be able to park at the Pentagon and take the Metro in.

I was in my early 20's so all I cared about was having fun and watching the game (Did not drink)

JKC Stadium?

Been to 4 games,It's no fun what so ever.

Too many Drunks,Too over priced,The Jumbotron has to tell the @#*% fans when to cheer and when not (First post since being banned so I'll be nice)

Edward Jones Dome Stl. 5 or 6 games

Great fans,nice people.

Overpriced parking,nothing to really do.

Lambeau Field: 1 game

Awesome place to Tailgate,Lots of wonderful fans.

Spent $2500 for the total package,stayed at Team Hotel,got lots of autographs.

Our team lost.

After Lambeau I've since decided I'll never go to another game unless everything is free.

I have everything I need at home.

2-55" HD TV

Charcoal Grill

Beer

Food

DVR

Clean Private Bathroom

NFL Sunday Ticket

You can keep your Stadium Experience.

And I'll keep my cash.

Archived