Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What would make you want to attend more Redskins' games?

MattFancy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I feel the GA seats are priced very well in comparison to other sports, and especially since the Redskins haven't jacked them up.

For me, I'm different than most. I live out of DMV area in Philly. Why I don't go down much is the parking situation. I hate the the cash lots, I hate waiting for a bus after the game. Expanding parking would be my suggestion. And I believe paying $40 to park is RIDICULOUS.

I feel the GA seats are priced very well in comparison to other sports, and especially since the Redskins haven't jacked them up.

For me, I'm different than most. I live out of DMV area in Philly. Why I don't go down much is the parking situation. I hate the the cash lots, I hate waiting for a bus after the game. Expanding parking would be my suggestion. And I believe paying $40 to park is RIDICULOUS.

Yeah parking is definitely a hassle as well as trying to get out of the lots after the game.

I would go to more games if the team played better. I gave up a few years back when it became a chore to go. Somehow the Skins have found a way to make it suck even when they win. I see that the situation is improving and I hope to be back to FEDEX Field in 2013.

I'd be okay with just cheaper parking. I think the cheapest is Gray, right? And that's like $25. I know where we park in Green is $35 and that's ridiculous.

Yeah, I believe so. We got the gray (I think?) parking once and it was seemingly like a mile walk to the stadium entrance itself. I'm really not one to complain, though, as I usually load up on beer before I head on in.

I put "other" which in my case would be "Me relocating to Washington DC"...I'm a ways away.

As far as the Red Zone Screen....I think people should focus on the game they are attending. If you're watching Red Zone while the team is down, how are you going to make noise when the visiting O is on the field? Just my .02 worth.

PS: This is my 500th post since 2002. Someone shoot me with a confetti gun.

I'd be okay with just cheaper parking. I think the cheapest is Gray, right? And that's like $25. I know where we park in Green is $35 and that's ridiculous.

All parking (Green, Orange, Purple) is $35 except Platinum. The word we're hearing is the Gray lot is now an employee lot and all of those people were issued Green B3 parking.

The atmosphere at Skins games is just so awful I really don't have any interest in going.

I have been to college football games all over the place and the drunken violence at FedEx is much much worse than any college game I've been to.

I love to party but I don't want to be surrounded by douchebags punching the crap out of each other while I'm watching a game.

All parking (Green, Orange, Purple) is $35 except Platinum. The word we're hearing is the Gray lot is now an employee lot and all of those people were issued Green B3 parking.

Ah, so that's why my Mom received Green parking. Damn, now we'll have to figure it all out again. I loved tramping through the woods.

---------- Post added July-3rd-2012 at 03:38 PM ----------

PS: This is my 500th post since 2002. Someone shoot me with a confetti gun.

I don't have a confetti gun so this is the best I can do. :party::wave::excited::point2sky

I just wish I could afford season tickets. Usually when I get to go, I deal with all the other crap like parking and don't mind. I just get a thrill seeing my sons face at the games. He is grinning from ear to ear the whole time. When I go, it's just lucking into the tickets at the right time.

Ah, so that's why my Mom received Green parking. Damn, now we'll have to figure it all out again. I loved tramping through the woods.

---------- Post added July-3rd-2012 at 03:38 PM ----------

I don't have a confetti gun so this is the best I can do. :party::wave::excited::point2sky

Woohoo!

Distance and funding. I live near Seattle. Both times the Skins were here last, I was deployed (civilian - not military anymore). If I had the money, I'd love to fly in for a game. If I get to go to Afghanistan for six months, I will definately save for a weekend trip and join an ES tailgate party!!!!!!

Couple of thoughts:

1) The parking lots are a disaster trying to get out (although they have been better over the past 2 years). If I pay $40 to park, I would like it to at least be quick to get in and out. Either improve public transportation in/out and fix the traffic patters around the stadium.

2) Im a huge fan of showing RedZone highlights and/or fantasy stats between plays and during timeouts. The NFL has to acknowledge that fans want access to fantasy stats and highlights at all times.

3) It would be expensive and only useful for late games, but get screens or something in the parking lot that show 1pm games.

4) Obviously the team being successful would be a big draw. It would also make it more difficult for visiting team fans to attend.

5) The prices are in line with other venues, but, the quality is terrible for concessions. Even carnivals and festivals have better food than the junk they serve at FedEx. Look at Nats park as an example, you can get Shake Shack, Bens Chili Bowl, real brats and sausages etc..

The atmosphere at Skins games is just so awful I really don't have any interest in going.

So true. Im actually embarrassed to take my friends to FEDEX. I admit that I am a bit vulgar but it literally offends me to see our fans behave the way they do. Ive seen multiple fights, dudes passed out in the bathrooms and witnessed senseless vandalism in the lots. I wont drink any more than a 12pack when I go because I want to stay sharp.

I would go to more games if the team played better. I gave up a few years back when it became a chore to go. Somehow the Skins have found a way to make it suck even when they win. I see that the situation is improving and I hope to be back to FEDEX Field in 2013.

A better product is a big one. If I knew the team was going to lose, even if the seats were free, I don't think I'd go. Conversely, if the Redskins were going to almost certainly win. especially if it was important to win, I'd probably pay as much as I could afford. A more convenient location but I don't think we'd all agree where that would be.

---------- Post added July-3rd-2012 at 05:25 PM ----------

I have been to college football games all over the place and the drunken violence at FedEx is much much worse than any college game I've been to.

I love to party but I don't want to be surrounded by douchebags punching the crap out of each other while I'm watching a game.

I think the biggest reason for that is that we have been mediocre and/or have little hope to get better most years. Even our better years were not back-back. If we become decent with bad years the exception (like the 1971-1992), I believe atmosphere will improve big time even at FEDEx.

Archived