Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What would make you want to attend more Redskins' games?

MattFancy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Nothing really.

I had my time as a season ticket holder from 1997-2001 and it really wasn't all that. I then have gone two other times since then, Dallas 2007 and the 49er game last year and again I really did not feel the experience of "being there" improved my enjoyment of the game. Actually it detracts from it. I much prefer watching games at home.

The only thing I can say is that if the Redskins ever host a playoff game again, I may try and go. The atmosphere at the stadium for the Lions game in January of 2000 was great. Even the usually quiet folks around us in the club section were standing throughout and making noise. That was fun.

As for regular season games, I'll leave that to the folks who like to go to them as an excuse to drink and act the fool. Silly me when I go to games I actually go to see, you know, the game.

Bomb fecdex field and bring back games to rfk

*knock knock*

"FBI, we've got a few questions for you. Do you post on an online sports message board called "Extremeskins"? Do you have any prior experience in homemade explosives?"

"...."

"Please come with us."

I usually go to 2-3 games a year but I would go to a LOT more if they were on Saturday instead of Sunday. My wife and I love going on weekend trips and it would be so much fun to be able to go to a game, stay up there in a hotel for the night, and not have to worry about taking time off from work on Monday. I also have the most fun at night games, but it sucks when you have to work the next day.

I usually go to 2-3 games a year but I would go to a LOT more if they were on Saturday instead of Sunday. My wife and I love going on weekend trips and it would be so much fun to be able to go to a game, stay up there in a hotel for the night, and not have to worry about taking time off from work on Monday. I also have the most fun at night games, but it sucks when you have to work the next day.

That's a really good one. You don't hear it much, I suppose because there is very little chance of it ever happening. I would like to tailgate much better on Saturday than Sunday too. Screw college ball lets have some more Saturday games!

Fedex sucks. Period. I don't get to go to many games, but I was lucky enough to go to a handful at RFK. That place had the "it" factor.

The first game I went to at Fedex, my girlfriend bought us tickets. We flew to DC, and then booked our hotel near the stadium. I couldn't believe how disgusting the area was. I remember driving around for half an hour to find a decent place to eat, and we wound up having to eat at Red Lobster. The meal was disgusting...as you would expect. The overall Fedex experience made me want to take a shower.

The whole trip reminded me of going to Orioles games when I was a kid. Dad used to skimp on the hotel, and we stayed in some really shady places. I remember one had a restaurant with a "duck on fire" on the sign. We've always referred to crappy hotels since then as "flaming ducks".

I'm a veteran of many games at RFK and FedEx.

A lot of people who romanticize RFK often forget, or ignore, the fact that it was/is a ****-hole. No Jumbtron, poor views, crappy plumbing, ;). Traffic could be a pain in the ass too. The only thing that made it bearable was the team and the tailgating.

Chances are, that people who have been to one or two games there, (or a handful), went when we fielded good teams. That makes it easy to overlook just how awful the stadium actually was.

I'm with the many who would love a new stadium, with great parking, no traffic and lot's of kick-ass amenities. That being said.....

....FedEx ain't the greatest, it offers everything a hard-core fan needs to watch a football game. Namely, (with the exception of those obscene OV and dream seats), a great view of the field, huge HD screens, drinks and bathrooms. Everything else is just fluff...

Has anyone ever tried to use their phone during a game? .

No. I'm too busy watching football during a game. :)

The fact that you can't really tell wtf is going on watching a game from home. What do I mean by that? Horrible camera angles. The only view I want to see is from above the line from behind the QB like when they use the camera on the wire. The 'floating camera'. I have no idea what you call it but the current camera angles are the same as they have been for like 40 plus years and it's horrible. I don't want to see the same horrible zoomed up view of the side of the offensive line where you can't tell the spacing the linemen have. You can't see where the holes are for the running backs. You can't see which WR's are open or where there is blown coverage. I hate it.

That and RGIII :)

I live in NJ, and me and my brother usually go to one or two games a year - we had season tickets for a few years, but you couldnt give them away............I cant believe one of the choices isnt if they won more? - Its just like anything else - people dont go to see bad movies, or bad teams. usually the last couple games at home are meaningless anyway. I remember when we beat dallas - um im going to say 42-3 or something - when cooley had 4 touchdowns. Now that was worth the price of admission, but for the most part they arent.

I'd like to see some sort of shuttle from the metro station to the stadium... That walk is far... Especially to the tailgate...

The length of the walk wouldn't be so bad if the path between the stadium and the Morgan Boulevard Metro weren't so awful. Ideally, the steady stream of people to and from the Metro should be able to walk on a wide path that doesn't require stopping for traffic much. That's one thing that Nats Park definitely got right; folks taking Metro to Nats games have the entire street between the stadium and the park to walk on, and they can get to and from the park without ever having to stop for cars. By contrast, Redskins fans have to corral into lines and walk on narrow sidewalks that frequently intersect with streets and major parking lot thoroughfares.

It's not exactly the ball club's fault that FedEx isn't very Metro-friendly. The stadium and the surrounding residential development to the south were built well before the Morgan Boulevard station existed. And it wouldn't be easy to make the improvements that would have the most impact. Widening the sidewalks would be tough because a lot of people now own different segments of the property surrounding those sidewalks. Reconfiguring traffic patterns in the parking lots can only do so much because there just aren't that many ways in and out of the stadium, and making extra ways would require building more roads and installing different traffic patterns on existing roads. Which is to say, all of these proposals would cost a lot of money.

I think the biggest mistake that the stadium designers made was to surround the stadium with, effectively, one massive parking lot. That's a recipe for what most tailgaters expect at FedEx (a long time to get to your lot, and a loooooong time to get out after the game). A far better idea would have been to follow the model of Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte: have some parking immediately surrounding the stadium but have most cars park in separate lots clustered within walking distance of the stadium. With a few stadium-adjacent lots and a dozen smaller nearby lots, you can still get a great tailgating experience while also being able to get in and out of the lot much more easily than if you had to navigate one massive lot with too few entrances and exits. And it's much easier on people (like me) who walk to the game.

Nude cheerleaders :yes: :thumbsup:

This would def be a plus.

Seriously though for me it's obviously geography but listening to many here concession/parking prices seems to be a factor.

What is the going rate for tickets nowadays?

Good talent on field that is driven to win!

Positive player attitudes ... no quit!

Friendlier environment ... no opponents in the stands.

Cheaper tickets, and concession stands.

To those that say, "my TV and couch are better than going to games", yada yada yada.. really? this thread is about what would make you WANT to attend more Redskins games, not complain and moan about everything you hate about FedEx Field. Go step up on your soap boxes elsewhere/in another thread and stop posting in this one.

My contribution to this thread is... nothing.....I already go to games and have since 1976 when my father started taking me, thanks dad!

To those that say, "my TV and couch are better than going to games", yada yada yada.. really? this thread is about what would make you WANT to attend more Redskins games, not complain and moan about everything you hate about FedEx Field. Go step up on your soap boxes elsewhere/in another thread and stop posting in this one.

My contribution to this thread is... nothing.....I already go to games and have since 1976 when my father started taking me, thanks dad!

What exactly would be an acceptable answer? - people arent allowed to ask for better parking, better pricing, and better production? Isnt that the point of the thread?

---------- Post added July-6th-2012 at 12:09 AM ----------

I mean did you even read the poll choices?

Why dont YOU start another thread and you could have just one choice -

...there is nothing at all wrong with fedex or anything for miles around it..........it just makes me feel super warm and fuzzy inside!!!

What exactly would be an acceptable answer? - people arent allowed to ask for better parking, better pricing, and better production? Isnt that the point of the thread?

---------- Post added July-6th-2012 at 12:09 AM ----------

I mean did you even read the poll choices?

Why dont YOU start another thread and you could have just one choice -

...there is nothing at all wrong with fedex or anything for miles around it..........it just makes me feel super warm and fuzzy inside!!!

Of course i read them... some people just said fedex sucks.. ill watch from my couch...with no input even about parking or anything else...they are the ones that missed the point of the thread. Of course we all want a winning team, duh!

Better traffic conditions, particularly leaving the stadium. Nothing is worse than having to (1) leave the game in the 4th quarter, or (2) stay for a hour plus after the game to avoid throat choking traffic with a bunch of drunks. Better acccess to public transportation may be the solution, but we all know why that will never happen......

I'm a veteran of many games at RFK and FedEx.

A lot of people who romanticize RFK often forget, or ignore, the fact that it was/is a ****-hole. No Jumbtron, poor views, crappy plumbing, ;). Traffic could be a pain in the ass too. The only thing that made it bearable was the team and the tailgating.

Chances are, that people who have been to one or two games there, (or a handful), went when we fielded good teams. That makes it easy to overlook just how awful the stadium actually was.

This.

RFK was awful, but a great place when we were winning.

FedEx had a great environment the night the Redskins beat the Lions in the playoffs there. Winning creates good stadium experiences.

No. I'm too busy watching football during a game. :)

I guess you sit in your seat and stare forward during TV timeouts, halftime, etc. :) I like to check my phone for scores of other games, check my fantasy scores, etc. It's not like I'm buried in my phone when the actual play is going on. I think the Redskins could release a branded app that gives you the stats in real-time during the game, countdown to kickoff, etc.

Archived