Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What would make you want to attend more Redskins' games?

MattFancy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Except metroing, and such.... You HAVE to drive to the games, now that they cut out the buses to and from the metro.

what are you talking about? there are two metro stops that go to fedex (one before, one after). one each side of it. both are about a 5-8 minute walk.

i took metro for 3 or 4 years. and we walked because waiting for the bus took way too long.

5 - 8 Minutes???? It's 3.4 miles to the closest metro. Here's the google maps

Oh I see what the problem is, you don't know the area :)

thats not the metro stop you should go to.

here's one thats 1.7 miles away from the stadium:

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Fedex+Field&daddr=Largo+Town+Center+Metro+Station,+Lake+Arbor,+MD&hl=en&sll=38.913124,-76.94046&sspn=0.154139,0.338173&geocode=FTOvUQId3hxr-yGet8sBnWVwRylDXK1nh7-3iTGet8sBnWVwRw%3BFS2SUQIdBHJr-ykLA3kL9L-3iTF_iiC3tMKm3w&oq=largo+town+cent&gl=us&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=15

here's another one thats 1.1 miles away (the one I normally use):

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Fedex+Field&daddr=Morgan+Boulevard+Metro+Station,+13,+Kent,+MD&hl=en&ll=38.900853,-76.867046&spn=0.019271,0.042272&sll=38.904165,-76.855915&sspn=0.01927,0.042272&geocode=FTOvUQId3hxr-yGet8sBnWVwRylDXK1nh7-3iTGet8sBnWVwRw%3BFRJ4UQIdbhRr-ylLSIc3nL-3iTF5bka-6fjN8A&oq=morgan+bulevard&gl=us&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=15

edit: and, to be corrected, google maps says walking is more of a 20-30 minute venture from those places.

i've done a lot of walking from those stations, and I don't recall it being more than 10 minutes. maybe I walk fast, google times walking slow (or for old people :) ), or my memory sucks. in my opinion all options are possible :)

1. Location of the Stadium and/or accessory roads/infrastructure improvements if the team stays in PG County.

2. Better fan experience which includes security. Too many drunk 20 year olds running around the stadium during the game and at the half starting fights, throwing beer and trying to f*** with other people. Go to the game, enjoy your friends and leave other people alone. At RFK tickets were scarce enough and cost enough that kids en masse didn't get into games and security was better at weeding out troublemakers and getting them out of the venue.

It's basically two reasons I don't go to Redskins games...

1. I am in church on Sundays and most of the games are at 1

But if they are 4pm/prime time games I still wouldn't go because.....

2. I am a big dude. 6'6" 300+. I don't feel like sitting in them little seats for 4 hours. But if someone wants to hook me up with some of those dream seats for a 4pm game...... :D

Everyone complaining about traffic, is it because of the traffic on the beltway before/after games? The way we get to and from games it takes us 45 minutes WITH traffic

It's the people trying to take arena drive from 495, to the game and try to get straight on 495 after the game.

It's Northern VA, DC, MD.... we're rated among the worst in the country in terms of traffic. Every event in the area sucks. Try to go into DC during events, it gets pretty bad.

If you put a little bit of thought into your route you can get to/from the stadium with little to no hassle. I've been doing it for years.

Everyone complaining about traffic, is it because of the traffic on the beltway before/after games? The way we get to and from games it takes us 45 minutes WITH traffic

We stay in Waldorf and I don't have a problem getting in or out. Of course they'll always be a line, but that has to be expected. We park in the Gray Lot.

It's the people trying to take arena drive from 495, to the game and try to get straight on 495 after the game.

It's Northern VA, DC, MD.... we're rated among the worst in the country in terms of traffic. Every event in the area sucks. Try to go into DC during events, it gets pretty bad.

If you put a little bit of thought into your route you can get to/from the stadium with little to no hassle. I've been doing it for years.

That's what I figured. We avoid 495 at all costs and usually 202 as well.

We stay in Waldorf and I don't have a problem getting in or out. Of course they'll always be a line, but that has to be expected. We park in the Gray Lot.

Yea we usually take Ritchie-Marlboro road and have no problems getting out. We usually only get stuck at traffic entering the stadium parking lot or at the central avenue light.

The atmosphere at Skins games is just so awful I really don't have any interest in going.

I have been to college football games all over the place and the drunken violence at FedEx is much much worse than any college game I've been to.

I love to party but I don't want to be surrounded by douchebags punching the crap out of each other while I'm watching a game.

You must only attend ACC college football games. Here's a little taste of what's typical in the SEC:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/928886-lsu-vs-alabama-brawl-video-watch-tailgaters-fight-before-game-of-the-century

I have been to games at almost every SEC stadium and the drunken violence is 10 times worse than FedEx. I see fans passed out in their own vomit in their seats, and people just act as if it's commonplace. What about the kid who puked on the police officer at a Phillies game?

This violence has unfortunately become commonplace in college and pro sports. From vast experience, I can tell you that FedEx is actually pretty good compared to Ralph Wilson, The Linc, Death Valley, Bryant-Denny, etc.

You must only attend ACC college football games. Here's a little taste of what's typical in the SEC:

I have been to games at almost every SEC stadium and the drunken violence is 10 times worse than FedEx.

I attended a night game in Knoxville two years ago wearing opposing colors, and I sat with all Tenn fans. I made it through the entire weekend without hearing a single F bomb directed at me, and my team won big. Never had that happen anywhere in the pros aside from Green Bay.

I've heard LSU is the worst place to visit in the SEC bc nearly all of their games are played at night, they drink the most, etc.

Once you have Fed Ex "figured out," it isn't that tough. We always go early to tailgate, so traffic isn't an issue, and we always park as close to the roads out of the lot so getting out isn't tough either. But it's real easy to get stuck somewhere in those huge lots and for it to take 90 minutes just to get out of the parking lot, if you don't know what you are doing.

I attended a night game in Knoxville two years ago wearing opposing colors, and I sat with all Tenn fans. I made it through the entire weekend without hearing a single F bomb directed at me, and my team won big. Never had that happen anywhere in the pros aside from Green Bay.

I've heard LSU is the worst place to visit in the SEC bc nearly all of their games are played at night, they drink the most, etc.

I've been in games at Knoxville too. Please, it's like family night compared to stuff I have seen at FedEx.

For me it would have to be relocation to the UK! Mind you, I'd settle for just one game at Wembley Stadium in the International Series currently. Sadly we are going to have to put up with the Rams for three years in a row instead.

I must say I understand the prices issue that a lot of people mention, but at least you have more of a choice to attend or not! I am envious of anyone who can attend on an even semi-regular basis. My last game was 2004 against the Gnats, with Patrick Ramsey leading the O. Good thing is we stomped 'em that day, but imagine how much it cost me to make it that day (Club seats - may as well make the most of the rare opportunity!), several days hotel, flight (via Reykjavik!) etc...part of my 40th birthday celebration.

Now trying to convince the wife to "allow" me to go again for my 50th.....only two years to convince her!

In the meantime, have invested in NFL Game Pass so as not to miss a snap.

• 2 months later...

Archived