Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"He's the starter, period." Redskins Rookie Minicamp Day 3 Open to Media 5/6/12 (I WILL KEEP ALL TWEETS IN POST 1) **DONE**

c4man5282

Well one of the guys is trying to say he was being sarcastic. I wish people wouldn't joke about that since the media spent the week saying we are a bunch of racist fans who will run RGIII out of town as soon as we can. Maybe not the best time to joke about stuff..

ANYONE who misguidedly utters the ABSOLUTELY-FALSE statement that The DMV is permeated by/with "racist" Fans is an "A-HOLE"!!! When I came, at 7-years old, to the U.S. (from The Congo), and our family settled in D.C. (c. 1965), I (NEVER-ONCE) have experience ANY SEMBLANCE of "Racism", "Bigotry", etc., from the "Natives (DC/MD/VA)"! That "B.S." has been generally attributable to the "transient politicos" who accompany Congress & associated minions. HAIL!!!

I live in South Jersey (aka:Southern Rhodesia - as far as acute hyper-ingrained institutional & socioeconomic Racism & Bigotry are concerned). 'Nuff-ced!

c4man....great job! Thanks for the thorough tweet scrounging.

Just read this entire thing and am super excited. Outside of RG3 I think Niles Paul at TE is going to be the most exciting thing to pay attention to this training camp/pre-season.

I'm looking forward to how UDFA WR Lance Lewis produces in these camps. He seems like a guy who can come out of nowhere and make plays for this team with his jump ball ability, something I don''t remember the skins ever being able to do. Seems like he and RG are already building up a rapport with these tweets.

That was awesome to read. My wife was even excited for me to read them to her :)

My wife couldn't quite figure out why I was chuckling in the other room. ;) Though I read a few to her and she got it.

Kudos to supportive wives!

EDIT:

HIGHLY recommend watching the RGIII presser on redskins.com There are some fantastic quotes and exchanges in there that you can't pick up through the twitter feed. I especially liked

- The way he talked about the verbiage, learning the "language" and it really not being that hard "if you know what the play is."

- How he talked about whether or not he would be different with veterans. How you go from being top of the world in College to "bottom of the barrel" in the NFL.

- I loved the "combines and beauty pageants" comment. Just the way that he discussed it.

He seems like he's a hard worker and humble. It's hard not to like he guy.

Interesting that RG3 stated that the player targeted by the Shanahans in the 4th round was selected prior to their pick of Cousins, thus they went with the quarterback. Looking at the 4th round, it appears that they might have been targeting Omar Bolden, CB out of Arizona State. Interesting.

The beginning of a long successful road for our boy RG3! Also a litlle surprising on Leribeus, so could this mean Gettis at LG, JL and center? Cuz we already know Monty shouldn't be playing G in this league. Possibly two rooks in the lineup day one? Interesting development.

Well I'm about as excited as ever. I think I'm going to like LeReibus... he seems like he's going to be the "matter fact/balls" guy that this offensive line has needed.

He reminds me of a young Richie Incognito so far, hopefully he doesn't have the penalties and off the field issues. But I love this kid so far, lol.

The beginning of a long successful road for our boy RG3! Also a litlle surprising on Leribeus, so could this mean Gettis at LG, JL and center? Cuz we already know Monty shouldn't be playing G in this league. Possibly two rooks in the lineup day one? Interesting development.

i think it's getting a swing G/C because of how bad it was when we had to switch, but people have said leribeus has a mind for center.

Well I'm about as excited as ever. I think I'm going to like LeReibus... he seems like he's going to be the "matter fact/balls" guy that this offensive line has needed.

He reminds me of a young Richie Incognito so far, hopefully he doesn't have the penalties and off the field issues. But I love this kid so far, lol.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how he does against the DL in ST.

I am glad that Shanahan came out and put this thing to bed. But I guarantee you that there will still be at least one guy that will say that Shanahan is lying because they just want to stir controversy. That guy will be Skip Bayless because he was the one that referred to the Redskins as racist and is a Cowboy supporter that works for ESPN (otherwise known as CSPN:Cowboy Sports Network). Watch tomorrow and I guarantee he makes that statement because his Napolean Complex of an ego will get the best of him.

He addressed the Bentley thing at then end. Who started that rumor?

I think someone tried to start that rumor because in an article like a week before he was drafted he specifically said that would be one of the things that he would not do. Someone was just being a jackass, I guess.

Archived