Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meta World Peace.... not so peaceful

illone

It was a pretty wreckless play, but it certainly wasn't intentional.

It's pretty hard to tell, but the best angle that we have is the one in the op which is this:

He doesn't look at him until after he's already throwing the elbow. Should be suspended at least a game for wreckless behavior, but it certainly doesn't look intentional to me.

i agree with bbng- thats about as intentional as it gets. i'm not sure what you are seeing, but him not looking at the other dude means diddly. it couldnt be more obvious.

maybe youre joking???

People complain to Roger G but he is cleaning the sports because of the health issues that previous players face and making it the most popular sport in the world

Football the most popular sport in the world? :ols: Most of the world doesn't give two ****s about football.

He doesn't look at him until after he's already throwing the elbow. Should be suspended at least a game for wreckless behavior, but it certainly doesn't look intentional to me.

As someone who's practiced Krav Maga, that is a textbook Elbow #3. Look at the torso rotation he puts into it, you don't do that "just because". Also notice that the elbow doesn't start flying until he's made physical contact with the other guy. He doesn't need to look to know he's there, between feel and peripheral vision, he knows exactly where his target is.

If you missed the nba post season last year, that's your loss. NBA has been exciting. Then again people watch baseball and golf... So maybe exciting is the problem.

Baseball and golf aren't sports, so it's unfair to compare them with basketball.

As someone who's practiced Krav Maga, that is a textbook Elbow #3. Look at the torso rotation he puts into it, you don't do that "just because". Also notice that the elbow doesn't start flying until he's made physical contact with the other guy. He doesn't need to look to know he's there, between feel and peripheral vision, he knows exactly where his target is.

I'll trust that you know more about Krav Maga then I do. I would caution that I don't think Mr. Artest knows Krav Maga.

I really think he had just made a big play, got caught up in his emotions, wasn't paying attention, and elbowed someone. He was hitting his chest before he hit the guy and it looks like he's just trying to perform the same motion as he had before and Harden just got in the way. I've seen stuff like that happen first hand. Not that exact elbow, but arms and legs flying wildly hitting someone and causing a problem.

It wasn't like he was already running with his elbow extended out either. He felt something, and threw an elbow, and made sure that it hit his target, because you literally see his arm go higher and higher until it is at the same height as Harden's dome. It wasn't like he accidentally turned around and got him in the gut, or had his arms raised trying to pivot/pass with the ball in his hand.

That was 100% bad intentions.

I'll trust that you know more about Krav Maga then I do. I would caution that I don't think Mr. Artest knows Krav Maga.

Don't need to know Krav to throw an elbow.

I really think he had just made a big play, got caught up in his emotions, wasn't paying attention, and elbowed someone. He was hitting his chest before he hit the guy and it looks like he's just trying to perform the same motion as he had before and Harden just got in the way. I've seen stuff like that happen first hand. Not that exact elbow, but arms and legs flying wildly hitting someone and causing a problem.

You don't swing an elbow with full torso motion like that if you aren't trying to hit something. It is wholly unsatisfying to throw that kind of elbow if you don't make contact with anything. You don't throw an elbow like that into the air in celebration because it doesn't feel good or pump you up like beating on your chest does. There is not an ounce of doubt in me that the elbow was 100% malicious. I don't know who this person is, so I have no preconceived notions as to who he his. All I see is what he did and it is pure malice.

Metta World Peace: "Hope James Hardin is ok... I remember when I hit by Marc Gasol the same way.. I was spitting up blood and a headache during the game..."

"I just watched the replay again..... Oooo.. My celebration of the dunk really was too much... Didn't even see James ..... Omg... Looks bad"

^ Is that from his twitter account?

Yes sir...

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 10:32 PM ----------

Rashad didn't like those short elbows from last night lol

You know, I could see him being in a momentary daze from his incredible (sarcasm) dunk and not paying attention to anything. Why would he swing his elbow like that though? Hard to say if it was intentional or not. I certainly don't give Artest benefit of the doubt though. How he could not see Harden is hard to believe.

Archived