Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meta World Peace.... not so peaceful

illone

I was predicting he'd get the rest of this year and all next year. Man was I off.

Seems like a real slap on the wrist. Must be because it is the Lakers and the league doesn't want to damage one of its more popular marketing franchises in the playoffs.

Seems like a real slap on the wrist. Must be because it is the Lakers and the league doesn't want to damage one of its more popular marketing franchises in the playoffs.

DINGDINGDING.

The NBA hates the thought of small market teams playing each other for titles.

http://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/statuses/195167926494568448

stern's 7-game ban for artest is a #joke. stern getting praise for being tough is a bigger joke. concussions affect lives

We all give the NBA **** for their hideous lack of parity

But I'll be honest

Given what I see in the NHL and all the big boys getting eliminated early...leaving small market teams remaining in the West...That's not good either.

After reading RA15's post, I went back and saw the full replay of that little skirmish, and I'd have to agree. Ibaka didn't want any part of Artest (err, World Peace) once he went into attack mode, lol. I wouldn't either. 6'7, 245, heeeell no.

It's not that, he's a basket case. Hell he gave a shout out to his therapist on national TV back when the Lakers won the title vs Boston :ols:

It's not that, he's a basket case. Hell he gave a shout out to his therapist on national TV back when the Lakers won the title vs Boston :ols:

Yeah, that too, he's unpredictable. To this day, I still don't know what that guy in the jersey (at the Palace) was thinking when he found himself on the court in Artest's crosshairs, while he was in a full-on Hulk Smash mindset, and actually tried to fight the guy, hand to hand. I would've started running. Even then, Artest probably would've chased him down.

He was already suspended for a season for flagrant violence (Malace at the Palace). This should be an escalation penalty, so he should have been suspended for the playoffs and all of next year. He has obviously displayed that he hasn't learned. Pathetic.

He was already suspended for a season for flagrant violence (Malace at the Palace). This should be an escalation penalty, so he should have been suspended for the playoffs and all of next year. He has obviously displayed that he hasn't learned. Pathetic.

The only reason why I can say he didn't get what I expected(postseason + 5 games) is because he has been on good behavior. I'm not even giving him the benefit of the doubt on why he did what he did.

Archived