Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread (old thread link inside, too many load issues)

hunterx

I have so many baltimorons talking **** saying crap about the nationals.

hate to say it, but thats a baltimore fan for ya. lots of hate from the baseball and football fans towards DC teams. no need to be bitter about the nats. its not our fault angelos is awful. truly, o's fans deserve better, all but the ones bitter towards the nats.

do u guys care that we only beat the mets, astros and reds? isn't the first real test this weekend?

It's certainly not time to claim the NL crown, but this team has now won 4 series to start the season. The Mets team BA is top 5, Astros top 10, Cubs & Reds bottom half. We're not talking Cards & Phillies, but these are series that we lost in previous seasons. Maybe last year we'd have split...won 2 series and lost 2.

Gotta be pleased with the pitching staff - across the board - starters & relievers. Need to heat up on offense with some HRs, but that will come

The one thing that needs improvement is the music selection. I heard Katy Perry and Pink in the two most climatic moments in the game

They talked about the Katy Perry one. They said that's the song Mattheus requested to come in on. That he originally did it as a joke and he had a great performance so now he always comes in to it. Something like that.

---------- Post added April-18th-2012 at 10:20 PM ----------

hate to say it, but thats a baltimore fan for ya. lots of hate from the baseball and football fans towards DC teams. no need to be bitter about the nats. its not our fault angelos is awful. truly, o's fans deserve better, all but the ones bitter towards the nats.

I honestly don't care about O's fans in Baltimore. It's the O's fans in the DMV that kill me. ****ing Loyalist traitors.

Yeah, I never got all the hate Bmore fans have towards DC sports...I cant stand their fans....now they are just bitter/jealous the NATS are kicking it and going in the right direction, while the O's have been stuck in neutral for 15 years.

Pink needs to stay. Its something that you keep as you win. its something given after a Nats Win! its something different and if this team wins, it would be something that DC started

I don't know how I feel about innovative DC sports tradition involving an artist whose main demographic is teenage girls

I honestly don't care about O's fans in Baltimore. It's the O's fans in the DMV that kill me.

True ****ing story. That bugs me almost as much as Cowboys fans in the DMV. I guess it's because I waited for baseball to return to D.C. for all those years and when it finally did it was such a great moment. I feel like I can only share that joy with a small number of fans since so many D.C. folks jumped on the O's bandwagon after the Senators left.

I guess I don't see how you can hold DMV area O's fans in such disdain. They had a favorite team and they didn't switch allegiances. Who cares? As long as you're loyal, why does it matter who you cheer for? I should be a Bills/Yankees/Mets/Knicks/Rangers/Islanders fan. But I dislike pretty much all of those teams minus the Bills. Loyalty is what matters. Not where you reside, in my opinion.

I was so tempted to go back and forth with him but he's a close minded person in general so he'd always find something to say. I think my best response is no response, as the best response is the Nationals continued winning ways.

---------- Post added April-19th-2012 at 09:01 AM ----------

I was curious, after watching another near empty stadium last night, about the attendance for other games.

Astros @ Nationals - 14,520

Mets @ Braves - 17,909

Pirates @ D-Backs - 18,368

Twins @ Yankees - 36,831

Rays @ Jays - 15,828

Cubs @ Miami - 25,723

Rangers @ Red Sox - 37,967

Orioles @ White Sox - 13,818

Tigers @ Royals - 14,083

Dodgers @ Brewers - 30,189

Reds @ Cardinals - 35,907

Padres @ Rockies - 24,762

Athletics @ Angels - 27,217

Indians @ Mariners - 11,343

Phillies @ Giants - 41,860

---------- Post added April-19th-2012 at 09:02 AM ----------

I also noticed how badly the Cardinals beat up on the Reds yesterday, 11-1. Is this something you guys look at to judge our team? How other teams perform against our previous opponents? Should we be worried that we can't put up 11 runs?

I guess I don't see how you can hold DMV area O's fans in such disdain. They had a favorite team and they didn't switch allegiances. Who cares? As long as you're loyal, why does it matter who you cheer for? I should be a Bills/Yankees/Mets/Knicks/Rangers/Islanders fan. But I dislike pretty much all of those teams minus the Bills. Loyalty is what matters. Not where you reside, in my opinion.

You know I joke around, but I really do think DMV O’s fans/British Loyalists during the Revolution is a good analogy. Angelos is King George III. He has treated his colonial subjects like ****. Some of them have been dreaming about independence and our own country for so long. We were born and raised here. We love our homeland. We have no connection with the “mother country” (Britain/Baltimore). Finally we rose up and declared independence. We got the Nats. But the Loyalists just can’t get with it. They’re loyal to their ruler, to what they know. They don’t care if they’re treated like **** or that they have no connection with Britain/Baltimore outside of their father or grandfather. It doesn’t matter. They just aren’t patriots.

And like back then, I wouldn’t mind tar and feathering them—literally—and running their traitor asses out of town.

You know I joke around, but I really do think DMV O’s fans/British Loyalists during the Revolution is a good analogy. Angelos is King George III. He has treated his colonial subjects like ****. Some of them have been dreaming about independence and our own country for so long. We were born and raised here. We love our homeland. We have no connection with the “mother country” (Britain/Baltimore). Finally we rose up and declared independence. We got the Nats. But the Loyalists just can’t get with it. They’re loyal to their ruler, to what they know. They don’t care if they’re treated like **** or that they have no connection with Britain/Baltimore outside of their father or grandfather. It doesn’t matter. They just aren’t patriots.

And like back then, I wouldn’t mind tar and feathering them—literally—and running their traitor asses out of town.

Great analogy. I remember when Short hijacked my beloved Senators to Texas. On that day, I swore my allegiance to the city of DC and refused to become Rangers fan. As many friends and Washingtonians adopted that team in Baltimore to support, I sought out the team that Baltimore hated the most. So I became a Yankees fan, for the sole reason that it really, really pissed off every Baltimore fan I knew.

When the Nationals came back to town, my loyalty to the Yankees was tossed into the Potomac River. I still hate that Baltimore team....

Looking through the minor league statistics, here's a list of guys struggling and guys excelling. I tried to pick one pitcher and one hitter for each category for each team:

Who's Hot:

Syracuse Chiefs (AAA)1B Tyler Moore: .260 BA, 5 HR, 11 RBI, .901 OPS

Harrisburg Senators (AA) 3B Josh Johnson: .395 BA, 1 HR, 7 RBI, 1.123 OPS

Potomac Nationals (Adv. A) C David Freitas: .344 BA, 2 HR, 8 RBI, 1.077 OPS

Hagerstown Suns (A) 3B Matthew Skole: .298 BA, 1 HR, 16 RBI, .801 OPS

Syracuse Chiefs (AAA)SP Mitch Atkins: 1-1, 0.75 ERA, 12.0 IP, 7 hits allowed, 7 BB, 10 K

Harrisburg Senators (AA)SP Daniel Rosenbaum: 2-0, 1.25 ERA, 1 CG, 21.2 IP, 14 hits allowed, 0 BB, 16 K

Potomac Nationals (Adv. A)SP Kyle Winters: 1-1, 3.71 ERA, 17.0 IP, 14 hits allowed, 2 BB, 17 K

Hagerstown Suns (A)SP Taylor Hill: 2-0, 2.45 ERA, 11.0 IP, 10 hits allowed, 0 BB, 7 K

Who's Not:

Syracuse Chiefs (AAA) CF Bryce Harper: .222 BA, 0 HR, 1 RBI, 10 strike outs, 2 BB, 3 E

Harrisburg Senators (AA)OF Destin Hood: .152 BA, 1 HR, 8 RBI, 10 strike outs, 5 BB

Potomac Nationals (Adv. A)3B Justin Bloxom: .122 BA, 0 HR, 4 RBI, 15 strike outs, 4 BB, 5 E

Hagerstown Suns (A) 2B Justin Miller: .167 BA, 0 HR, 3 RBI, 14 strike outs, 0 BB

Syracuse Chiefs (AAA) SP John Lannan: 0-2, 7.50 ERA, 12.0 IP, 21 hits allowed, 6 BB, 6 K

Harrisburg Senators (AA)SP Paul Demny: 0-1, 5.40 ERA, 11.2 IP, 14 hits allowed, 13 BB, 6 K

Potomac Nationals (Adv. A)SP Bobby Hansen: 1-1, 7.88 ERA, 8.0 IP, 13 hits allowed, 5 BB, 2 K

Hagerstown Suns (A)RP Christopher McKenzie: 0-1, 10.50 ERA, 6.0 IP, 11 hits allowed, 6 BB, 6 K

Obviously, these are debateable, just thought I'd update the masses on our minor league system.

If I were to give an award for Minor League Player of the Season thus far: SP Daniel Rosenbaum, Harrisburg Senators.

Minor League Dud of the Season: 3B Justin Bloxom, Potomac Nationals.

Thank you. I've said I have no problems with the Nats. I root for them, watch their games, go to their games. But I'll always be an O's fan. Yes they have sucked, yes Angelos is doucher, but they are the team I've always rooted for. I'm not going to stop rooting for them because a team is in DC.

I am a Nats fan primarily, but I grew up rooting for the O's. I had season tickets when I was stationed in Maryland. Playing ball in the backyard, I dreamed of being Cal Ripken. I wore 8 on my HS baseball team and played SS because of Cal. The O's teams of the late 90's were awesome. I was working at Long & Fosters as a leasing consultant earning $21K right out of HS. I lived at home. I would leave Fairfax after work, drive up to Bmore and scalp some UL LF tix for like $5. I had to have gone to like 70 games a year for the years before I joined the Army. I will always root for the Orioles, and I will take my daughter to her first game at Nats Park and OPACY this year. This talk of hating on DMV'ers who root for the O's are absurd.

I am a Nats fan primarily, but I grew up rooting for the O's. I had season tickets when I was stationed in Maryland. Playing ball in the backyard, I dreamed of being Cal Ripken. I wore 8 on my HS baseball team and played SS because of Cal. The O's teams of the late 90's were awesome. I was working at Long & Fosters as a leasing consultant earning $21K right out of HS. I lived at home. I would leave Fairfax after work, drive up to Bmore and scalp some UL LF tix for like $5. I had to have gone to like 70 games a year for the years before I joined the Army. I will always root for the Orioles, and I will take my daughter to her first game at Nats Park and OPACY this year. This talk of hating on DMV'ers who root for the O's are absurd.

It's really not.

Archived