Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread (old thread link inside, too many load issues)

hunterx

Can I start bragging/talking ****? I work with an O's fan (one of those :doh:). I've been trying to talk up the Nats but he just keeps saying that I'm unrealistic and his O's are in 1st too. It's like it kills "Washingtonian" O's fans that the Nats are legit. They can claim all they want that they want the Nats to do good but I think they're full of ****.

Can't wait 'til we get Storen back. But hey, a win's a win. Another curly W in the books!

Meh...Lidge pitched great to finish that inning. That was the heart of their order and his slider wasn't there early in the inning. It was there late to finish the inning and that's all that matters.

I'm not dismissing having Storen, but BLidge is an above average fill-in. Storen, BLidge & HRod make for a nasty, nasty option at the end of a game. Yes, I can't wait to get Storen back...

So Gio ends 7IP 2H 2BB 8K ... 92 pitches... Freaking awesome!!

And it can't go unnoticed that Clip pitched a great 8th inning.

These tight games are really, really good for this team. Last year, they lost most of these early on in the season. This year, it's turned around for us. Close, tough wins building some character on this team. Hopefully, it pays dividends late in the season.

Meh...Lidge pitched great to finish that inning. That was the heart of their order and his slider wasn't there early in the inning. It was there late to finish the inning and that's all that matters.

I'm not dismissing having Storen, but BLidge is an above average fill-in. Storen, BLidge & HRod make for a nasty, nasty option at the end of a game. Yes, I can't wait to get Storen back...

So Gio ends 7IP 2H 2BB 8K ... 92 pitches... Freaking awesome!!

Lidge will give fans heart failure. Ask any Philly fan. Saved a lot of games, but never made it look easy.

Lidge will give fans heart failure. Ask any Philly fan. Saved a lot of games, but never made it look easy.

Yep..He's no spring chicken either at 35 YO. He didn't have many games in 2011 (28 maybe). But I'll take him right now. His slider, when it's on, is nasty. Maybe he needs that nasty Houston heat to loosen up his arm. If so, he'll be on fire in July in DC.

Honestly, this team needs to pick it up at the plate with some long balls. Zim seems to be finding his stroke, but no HRs yet.

Can you imagine if we were seeing the 3-4-5-6 with the Morse of 2011 and the 2012 versions of Werth & LaRoche and a "typical" RZim season? Plus this pitching? I'm hoping it's 5 weeks away....

Can I start bragging/talking ****? I work with an O's fan (one of those :doh:). I've been trying to talk up the Nats but he just keeps saying that I'm unrealistic and his O's are in 1st too. It's like it kills "Washingtonian" O's fans that the Nats are legit. They can claim all they want that they want the Nats to do good but I think they're full of ****.

To O's fans? Sure. But they're off to a good start too.

Has anyone else noticed that Gio, Clip, and Lidge only pitch a 2 hr 12 minute game :ols: Talk about short work.

Gio was like a machine. At one point, Flores had to go out to the mound to slow him down because he was getting too hyped up during the inning. Good job by Flores...

People said we overpaid for Gio, but right now it's looking like we got him at a bargain. Like I said at the time, with our loaded pitching staff it's not like any of those young arms we're going to be used much anyway.

That is true. I thought we overpaid too, but damn, he is worth it now and then some.

On mlbtraderumors there is talk of us putting out feelers with J. Zimm's agents for a contract extension.

Has anyone else noticed that Gio, Clip, and Lidge only pitch a 2 hr 12 minute game :ols: Talk about short work.

Yeah my stepfather actually talked to me about the game. He's a hockey fan and in 15 years I can't recall him once talking to me about baseball. But for whatever reason (*cough*bandwagon*cough*) he watched the game yesterday. He couldn't stop raving about Gio. He said he finally found a pitcher who doesn't take a couple of mins between pitches and it was so great.

All our pitchers seem to work pretty fast but Gio is on another level.

Archived