Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread (old thread link inside, too many load issues)

hunterx

Davey Johnson is truly a genius. He has made this bullpen into a even a bigger strength of this team. This pen was already a elite pen, but this year it is definitely the best bullpen in baseball. Unlike Riggleman, he would have thrown out Clippard there in the 8th. Its refreshing to have a manager to have pitchers every day and not like under riggleman where certain pitchers come in when we are always losing and others come in when we are winning

At this point, I feel like Davey Johnson and Jim Riggleman are at polar opposite ends of the intelligence spectrum

Was that happening regularly in the old thread. That's pretty old fashioned.

I wasn't referring to anybody in the threads, just a general observation I've gathered from listening to different talking heads on TV/Radio. Even some of the more "traditional" baseball thinkers are putting wins/losses to the side when discussing pitchers. King Felix winning the Cy Young 2 years ago with a 13-12 record helped.

FP is making great points in the post game show. This team has full confidence in Davey. Absoutely nobody is questioning his moves. And also, Davey has not switched the lineup so guys can get comfortable, which causes everyone in the lineup to protect each other!

Well...since the Rangers and Dodgers are further west and haven't finished their games....first team to 10 wins!

Shh...don't the rest of the league know that we're winning. Just let them keep sleeping on us.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the way this team is playing this year. Keep it up guys!

Hmm maybe I need to post more... this thread being 11 pages already and not one comment from me. Anyway, love that we keep finding ways to win. I also really like what I've seen from Rodriguez this season, while Lidge has looked shaky at times. I know it's still early, but I'd love to see Rodriguez promoted to full-time closer, at least until his performance dictates a change. When he is pitching accurately, he has the most dominant stuff on our entire staff, including Strasburg.

do u guys care that we only beat the mets, astros and reds? isn't the first real test this weekend?

Normally i would say that, but we were "that" team a few years ago nice to see that we expect to beat these teams. The Reds are supposed to be really good this year a lot of analysts picked them to be a sleeper world series pick.

I try to focus on "Washington baseball history"

Me personally, I don't consider what the Expos did part of our history

Yeah I'm with you. I hate when they talk about a "franchise record" and it's actually something Gary Carter did for the Expos in 1980 (or whatever). I just brought them up here because the poster I quoted did.

---------- Post added April-18th-2012 at 10:13 PM ----------

I have so many baltimorons talking **** saying crap about the nationals.

Don't you know dude? They don't hate the Nats, they aren't totally jealous. They want the Nats to do good. They swear they do.

Archived