Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread (old thread link inside, too many load issues)

hunterx

So, what you're saying is that all Redskins fans in Maryland (or from the Baltimore area) should have switched over to the Ravens when they got here? Am I understanding your logic right?

Anyway, I've been an Os fan since elementary school. I like the Nats, but there is no chance they'll supplant the Os as my team, no matter how bad the Os get (and it's hard to imagine them getting worse). Not sure why that irks and confuses Nats fans so much.

First off, people in Baltimore never rooted for the Redskins because they always said it wasn't their team. So, they got that right to start. Two different cities.

Secondly, if I lived in Baltimore and was a Redskins fan, when the Ravens came to town it would have made perfect sense to switch to the Ravens. It would have made even more sense as time went forward and the Ravens were run like a professional sports team and the Redskins were run like a circus.

---------- Post added April-20th-2012 at 09:19 AM ----------

I am a Nats fan primarily, but I grew up rooting for the O's. I had season tickets when I was stationed in Maryland. Playing ball in the backyard, I dreamed of being Cal Ripken. I wore 8 on my HS baseball team and played SS because of Cal. The O's teams of the late 90's were awesome. I was working at Long & Fosters as a leasing consultant earning $21K right out of HS. I lived at home. I would leave Fairfax after work, drive up to Bmore and scalp some UL LF tix for like $5. I had to have gone to like 70 games a year for the years before I joined the Army. I will always root for the Orioles, and I will take my daughter to her first game at Nats Park and OPACY this year. This talk of hating on DMV'ers who root for the O's are absurd.

Again, I don't hate on it. I don't understand it. I don't understand how so many people root for two teams in the same sport? Its gotta be the only situation in the country in any of the major sports where so many people just root for two teams.

---------- Post added April-20th-2012 at 09:20 AM ----------

Yeah, I'm a huge Skins, Caps, and Wizards fan but I grew up with O's baseball. I'd never leave it. When I watch the Nats, I feel nothing at all and just get bored. For me, its all about the feeling you get when you watch teams. In my case, my age makes a difference too. I know nothing of, nor do I care, about the old D.C. team back in the day.

This makes more sense to me than rooting for two teams. Just my two cents.

Plz leave the fan battles to another thread, it's starting to get mixed in with live game posts and frankly, irritating.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm okay with putting Gorzelanny in there, he hasn't been that bad this year. He also hasn't pitched in a few days. He needed to get his work in going into the weekend. It was a shame he gave up all those runs Speaking of that, it was probably best to try not exhausting 3, 4 or 5 relievers going into a very important home series with the Marlins.

I wouldn't say Davey gave up, with all the double switch moves to get the pitcher spot out of the 9th, because in the bottom of the 6th we had 8-9-1 coming up. These changes were made top of 6, so he was committed to leaving his pitcher in there for at least the 6th and 7th inning. These games happen to everyone, let's not freak out too much!

Just found a proxy server that won't black me out in Jacksonville (for some reason Miami is in my home territory). Looks like we both went 3-up-3-down in the first, but the 2nd was a bit tougher on Detwiler. Fantastic that he was able to get out of the inning with runners left on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out.

---------- Post added April-20th-2012 at 07:48 PM ----------

Look at Detwiler mixing up his delivery with a slide step and then lift his leg up to trick the runner. How awesome. And Reyes is a veteran player while being fooled. Love it.

Tyler Moore and Bryce Harper could be up by the summer. If Ankiel or Roger don't get their act together, one of them is up by June

Harper needs to play better.

WHY did we take out Detwiler? That's very disappointing. He's just at 70 pitches and has pitched great.

Love it Ank, good job.

Tyler Moore moving to LF? That is indeed interesting. Maybe spot role player if DeRosa can't figure it out? He can fill in for Werth in right or the platoon LF spot while Harper is developing?

Tyler Moore has been killing the ball. They're moving him because they're looking to call him up sooner rather than later.

Detwiler is rewarding Rizzo for his patience. Great start to the season for him.

I think Davey sees Detweiler moving into the bullpen in long relief and sending down Gorz once Wang comes back. He doesn't want him throwing too many pitches the same way he is spreading out the bullpen responsibilities right now.

The Nats make every pitcher look like Justin Verlander. Has Zambrano even throw 70 pitches through 6? Hitting coach can not be feeling comfortable... I know i've complained alot about this but come on

I think Davey sees Detweiler moving into the bullpen in long relief and sending down Gorz once Wang comes back. He doesn't want him throwing too many pitches the same way he is spreading out the bullpen responsibilities right now.

The Nats make every pitcher look like Justin Verlander. Has Zambrano even throw 70 pitches through 6? Hitting coach can not be feeling comfortable... I know i've complained alot about this but come on

I'd rather have Detwiler than Wang. He's pitched great. However if Wang can come in and pitch 10 starts and do well, I say trade him and bring Detwiler back into the starting role. That's IF we have to put Wang in the rotation lol...

I definitely agree, he's been lights out. But the Nats management seem to love Wang and want him to start. They also see Detweiler as a versatile guy, one of the reasons they kept him over Lannan. I'm not saying its the best move going with 4 righties, but its what I think they'll do.

Archived