Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread (old thread link inside, too many load issues)

hunterx

The ONLY thing that worries me about this team is how little offensive production we're getting. But, it's better than the other team's. So it results in curly W's all day long.

Agreed. The hits have been there, but not in bunches. Last stats I saw had Desi, Werth & LaRoche in the top 15 for number of hits. Certainly missing the long ball, even with the 2 today. Espi is the one that really concerns me. He looks lost at the plate whether he's batting left or right. He comes to the plate looking like he knows he's going to fail. There's no pop in his step or look of determination when he comes to the plate.

The ONLY thing that worries me about this team is how little offensive production we're getting. But, it's better than the other team's. So it results in curly W's all day long.

Concerning in the short term but not long term we should get Morse back at some point along with Harper whenever he starts hitting in triple A. Another name to look for is Tyler Moore another triple A guy who is absolutely raking hitting above 300 with 6 homers already, LF/1B slugger.

Baseball is a long season. You're gunna have ups and downs. Right now we're trending up, but we'll eventually reach rough patches. The goal is to maximize your wins while on a hot streak and minimize the cold streaks. We gotta eek out as many of these wins while we can, but eventually we'll be on the other end and lose these close 1 run games.

The good thing is, with strong starting pitching, you generally don't go on long losing streaks as you'll usually get at least one or two really good performances out of each set of five starts from your staff.

Concerning in the short term but not long term we should get Morse back at some point along with Harper whenever he starts hitting in triple A. Another name to look for is Tyler Moore another triple A guy who is absolutely raking hitting above 300 with 6 homers already, LF/1B slugger.

It's early and Moore is a streaky hitter. Oh and he will be Adam Dunn-esque in LF. It will be ugly.

But still, i'll take anyone but DeRosa/Nady in LF right now. So bad.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 04:30 AM ----------

This was posted in the previous Nats thread, but I could not find it in here.

Sounds like O's may be getting nervous with the surging Nationals.

Would require Angelos caring about the Orioles. Nationals don't affect his bottom dollar.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 04:30 AM ----------

This was posted in the previous Nats thread, but I could not find it in here.

Sounds like O's may be getting nervous with the surging Nationals.

Would require Angelos caring about the Orioles. Nationals don't affect his bottom dollar.

Hopefully the Nats can take at least 2 off of the Padres, they just split with the Phillies in a series. I expect more of the 2-1, 3-2 games since neither team can hit.

The Dodgers series should be great, hopefully Kemp cools off a tad before we get there.

Agreed, I have similar expectations for the Padres series.

I'm predicting our first series loss to the Dodgers. Kershaw has been as dominant as Stras this year, and their lineup is just filthy. The fact that we have Detwiler/Stras/Gio pitching those three games leads me to believe we won't get swept, though.

I will probably be working from home on Wednesday so I can stay up to watch the Nats game. I don't know their travel schedule but I wonder if they headed out west on Sunday when they found out the game was postponed, if anything to just get an extra day to adjust to the clock. I'm glad we play the Padres first and not the Dodgers. 10pm start is soooo late after a long flight, I think our offense will be sluggish. West coast teams have it so much easier, I would think playing games equivalent to 10am their time is easier then 10pm our time.

I will probably be working from home on Wednesday so I can stay up to watch the Nats game. I don't know their travel schedule but I wonder if they headed out west on Sunday when they found out the game was postponed, if anything to just get an extra day to adjust to the clock. I'm glad we play the Padres first and not the Dodgers. 10pm start is soooo late after a long flight, I think our offense will be sluggish. West coast teams have it so much easier, I would think playing games equivalent to 10am their time is easier then 10pm our time.

They did fly out Sunday afternoon. Gio Gonzalez tweeted that they were out for dinner in San Diego last night

Archived