Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread (old thread link inside, too many load issues)

hunterx

Nats Insider Mark Zuckerman also reporting Zimm likely to DL:

"...it appears Ryan Zimmerman is headed to the disabled list with a right shoulder injury that wasn't supposed to be anything but has actually proven to be far more significant than initially believed.

Results of an MRI taken yesterday in San Diego were be sent to team orthopedist Wiemi Douoguih this morning, but manager Davey Johnson told reporters late last night that the initial diagnosis is "not real favorable" and Zimmerman is "going to need some more rest."

http://www.natsinsider.com/2012/04/nats-success-bordering-on-absurd.html#more

Some better news after the MRI:

Amanda Comak

‏ @acomak

Ryan Zimmerman said MRI went well&"everything was fine." Confirmed diagnosis of AC joint issue/soreness. Try to hit tom., decide from there.

Amanda Comak

‏ @acomak

No decision on possible DL until after Zimmerman tries to hit tomorrow but MRI gave him peace of mind &he knows he can't hurt it more. #nats

Amanda Comak

‏ @acomak

Ryan Zimmerman: "Nothing is injured. That was the best possible news." Said he still thinks it won't be an "extensive" amount of time.

How come Nats attendance is low

Dan Hellie tweeted a few days ago that he told everyone on 6 PM newscast to go

There is no excuse for such low attendance, if I could I'd go. Everyone should go there to support the team

Give it time. The Nats have been crappy for six years and good for three weeks.

Yah, great to see the ball flying and runners scoring tonight.

Rosenbaum pitched another gem of a game today too.....7 IP, 3 H, 2 BB, 2 K

Chien-Ming Wang is starting Saturday in Potomac, maybe 3 or 4 innings max.

Meanwhile...John Lannan..............7 IP, 8 H, 4 BB, 3 K

Great start to the season. As someone else stated 'beat the inferior teams' that is the key in a long baseball season. Get that done and you are putting your team in a pretty good spot to at least make the post-season.

I am an Orioles fan, but I enjoy keeping an eye on the Nats.

How come Nats attendance is low

Dan Hellie tweeted a few days ago that he told everyone on 6 PM newscast to go

There is no excuse for such low attendance, if I could I'd go. Everyone should go there to support the team

There is an excuse for such low attendance. Most of the people in this thread are more hardcore than your typical baseball fan. A lot of us expected this team to be good. However, most people in the DC area did not see this start coming. Most people in the DC area still think of the Nats as mediocre. They don't realize this team is special. The Nats have sucked for the better part of 7 years and it is going to take more than a few weeks to change perception of this team.

They are 23rd in attendance right now, but I expect them to finish the year in the top 15. The buzz on this team will grow. Their games down the stretch will have meaning. They will play better teams than the Astros, Marlins, and Reds. Bryce Harper might come up. People will be out of school. The Caps won't keep people from going to see Strasburg pitch two straight games (kept me from going).

They're averaging 25K per game now. If they can get to 30K, they'd be in the top 13 in the league. That's only another 5K per game. I think that is very doable with this team in the summer.

I'm still not really expecting playoffs this year, but just imagine when we do make it. Who in the hell is going to want to see Stras/Gio/JZimm in a series?

Throw in Detwiler coming out of the pen...dominant. I love this pitching staff and we have the potential to be the best in the NL for the next several years. That's why I get livid whenever someone says "It's dumb to shut down Strasburg if it looks like we'll make the playoffs." Why risk your best pitcher's future just to go All-In on ONE year?

Ease the expectations a bit. This team is good, but WAY too early to be talking WS.

I dont think so. I mean -I think Expectations SHOULD be raised for this team. I had to go back to 2008 to find any team start of this hot (Yes -I know the Rangers are also starting off this hot).

1 -If you listen to the players -one thing that has really changed is for the first time, their manager is telling them HE is expecting a lot.

2- Our pitching staff can not be understated. Will they all stay hot like this all year? I doubt it. But will they ALL fall apart? I doubt that as well. the best about this staff being soo good and strong means a extended losing streak is less likely then a extended winning streak.

WS? Well -Maybe not yet. But Playoffs? There is zero reason we shouldn't expect that!

I guess.... but its true that when you get to the playoffs, its about starting pitching. And this team has that.

No definitely agree with the pitching. I still think they have a very good shot at the playoffs. Their pitching has been outstanding so far. I just think its too early for any team to be talking about the WS. We're not even in a month into the season. And we saw what happened last year with the Braves and Red Sox.

Archived