Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread (old thread link inside, too many load issues)

hunterx

Detwiler has the best ERA in all of baseball for starting pitchers: 0.56. As is, there's no way Wang is knocking hin out of the rotation. I mean I just don't see how that can be justified.

Yeah, I'd keep playing Detwiler until he hits a rough patch(if he ever does). Remember, he was a 1st round pick in 2007 so he has talent, he's not some no name schmuck.

We'll need Wang if/when Stras gets shut down though. I'd have him replace Gorzelanny as our long reliever.

Detwiler has the best ERA in all of baseball for starting pitchers: 0.56. As is, there's no way Wang is knocking hin out of the rotation. I mean I just don't see how that can be justified.

Very nice. However, if he can be pulled after the 6th inning with throwing 80 pitches and retiring the last 12 out of 14 batters...he can be yanked from the starting lineup.

---------- Post added April-21st-2012 at 01:12 AM ----------

That being said, maybe he is on a pitch count/inning count this year though. It would be his first full season starting for us, and maybe they are just going over the top in keeping arms fresh.

Yeah, I'd keep playing Detwiler until he hits a rough patch(if he ever does). Remember, he was a 1st round pick in 2007 so he has talent, he's not some no name schmuck.

We'll need Wang if/when Stras gets shut down though. I'd have him replace Gorzelanny as our long reliever.

Davey seems fine with guys playing through rough patches with the idea it will help them develop. I'm fine with that right now. Obviously if you're on a losing streak and your starters are getting pounded, things change.

Is there a stat for how often Desmond swings at the first pitch? I'm starting to think pitchers could throw their first pitch into the dugout, and Desmond would be swinging at it.

He's going to have to adjust, teams realize he's going up hacking. He's not going to get anything good to hit on the first pitch unless its a mistake by the pitcher.

He's going to have to adjust, teams realize he's going up hacking. He's not going to get anything good to hit on the first pitch unless its a mistake by the pitcher.

He doesn't care. He's been like this for several years. Everyone else has adjusted and become a more patient hitter. Desmond can't/won't. It's why I'm so down on him. He will live and die by his BABIP.

And I do not understand Davey's commitment to veterans. Performance should play. But for some reason, we're trotting out Mark DeRosa and his .077 batting average instead of putting the hot hitting Lombardozzi in

It's crazy how much more info you get from the radio broadcast vs Bob and FP on MASN. I know there is more filler time on radio but still, you have video, you don't need to describe every little thing. We can see. You should be able to drop knowledge. And I don't mean Baseball 101 basic bull****.

Sorry, I just really despise Bob Carpenter more and more. He regularly botches ****, he doesn't know **** and he's lame as ****. He's just tiresome to listen to. If I didn't listen to so many games on the radio (1 out of 3--stuck in the car), im not sure how much the suck of Bob would stand out. But I do and it does and he ****ing sucks.

---------- Post added April-21st-2012 at 02:26 PM ----------

You know, thinking about it some more, I don't think it's he doesn't know ****. I actually think it's that he thinks that we don't know ****. So he talks like the people watching are stupid. And he still botches **** all the time and he is lame as all hell

I do think FP has potential but they've stuck him in a bad spot. I'd love to hear him with another play by play guy and see how he does.

---------- Post added April-21st-2012 at 02:29 PM ----------

If you think a runner hasn't touched a base and you appeal, do you have to do it before you throw another pitch? Or can you just do it while he's still on base?

It's crazy how much more info you get from the radio broadcast vs Bob and FP on MASN. I know there is more filler time on radio but still, you have video, you don't need to describe every little thing. We can see. You should be able to drop knowledge. And I don't mean Baseball 101 basic bull****.

Sorry, I just really despise Bob Carpenter more and more. He regularly botches ****, he doesn't know **** and he's lame as ****. He's just tiresome to listen to. If I didn't listen to so many games on the radio (1 out of 3--stuck in the car), im not sure how much the suck of Bob would stand out. But I do and it does and he ****ing sucks.

So...tell us what you really think :)

I watch more games than I listen to on the radio. Not even sure they're on the radio in Richmond. Carpenter is pretty tiresome. FP isn't too bad.

Have they said anything on the radio about Zim? They said on TV he has a "strained shoulder".

And while we're on the topic of what pisses me off: I hate, absolutely hate these guys who have crap all over their batting helmet. The pine tar caked on there from weeks and weeks of games, with dirt mixed in really looks like crap. Clean the helmet after every at bat like you're supposed to. Hanley Ramirez helmet looked like someone took a dump on it and rolled it in gravel.

Woot-Woot...DESI with the BOMB!!! Puts Stras in a position for the W!

They just showed his stats, he's batting .440 on the first or second pitch. If it ain't broke....

Was his homer on the first or second pitch?

Not sure why people are ****ting on Desmond still. There is a huge improvement in his game this year. As a lead-off you always have to keep pitchers honest by sometimes hacking on the first pitch.

Did you not see the stat line on Strasburg, batters have the highest avg against him on the first pitch!

Mattheus, Clippard and Lidge to finish this game off would be awesome on a day where Zimm and LaRoche are resting.

---------- Post added April-21st-2012 at 02:51 PM ----------

Funny thing is if we get Kimball back this season, this bullpen will even become a bigger strength.

Archived