Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need to draft 2 QBs

Riggo-toni

I might take a flier in the 6th or 7th round. Someone who has some really impressive quality, but was deemed too short, too slow of foot, something and made him drop. Before that, because we don't have a 2nd, I'd want to focus on other areas, but I really don't mind of we go BPA throughout the draft.

I definitely agree. I would love to see us take a mid round pick and use it on a prospect

We have no first round pick until 2015 and a $90 gazillion dollar rookie. Now is not the time to be taking mid-round fliers. I also hate the idea of "developing" two rookies at the same time.

Maybe you sign an UDFA rookie QB and bring him in. Otherwise, go with Grossman and - I don't know - a hyper religious born again Christian type for the third string job. I'm sure there's a few of them floating around the league.

Rex knows the offense, knows the staff and the team and the city now. He will be a good backup QB and player-teacher for RG3 imo.

After Rex, I want a late round pick spent on a QB or even an UDFA for the practice squad. We should start grooming a backup QB of our own. I'd be down for another vet besides Rexy but Grossman knows what to do in Shanahan's team already. Because of RG3's professionalism and character, he won't need a great mentor anyways. Just someone who can ease him into NFL speed and the way things work.

If Kellen Moore is available late, I think he would be a great project. He's a bright guy but started in a gimmicky offense and needs time in an NFL system.

I agree with this. very bright guy like RGIII don't we have 2 7s this year? i would spend one on him,or if he goes undrafted bring him in

I just don't see it. We still have some holes that will need to be filled after FA. And after the trade up I don't think we have the luxury of trying to find a developmental guy in the mid to late rounds. We need invest every one of our picks into guys we think will be able to compete and see playing time.

Unless there is someone out there in the later rounds that shouldn't be there, and we would get excellent value for him, I say no to drafting 2 QBs. Bring in some veteran FAs, and maybe look at some UDFA though if we feel we must.

This is a post that took the words out of my mouth. I don't think we can afford to use another pick on a QB. There are other options to use.

---------- Post added March-15th-2012 at 09:37 AM ----------

I need 200 million and I doubt I will ever get it. I am glad we are getting one good one. What is the point of drafting two and we still have the guy we drafted last year.

Tampa Bay drafted Crompton, cut him and we put him on our practice squad.

Crompton is terrible, honestly. I see no harm in using a pick on Wilson or Moore in the late rounds. Development is important, and, as previously stated, if RG3 goes down, we're screwed anyway. We may as well use this season to develop a top-tier backup.

How is he terrible? Other than seeing him in college, he hasn't played a down in the NFL and he lit us up pretty good in preseason, which is the reason why Shanahan snagged him from the Bucs. What do you expect out of a 3rd stringer? I know TJ Yates played decent in Houston, but take a look at his stats and they were really not very impressive. Houston was already a good team. They didn't need him to play spectacular.

• 1 month later...
I dunno. 3 rookie QB's? I think you need an experienced QB on the roster to mentor a little. I don't know if Rex is the guy...do you really want him offering advice? "Hey, here is how I would do it." NOOOOO!

Duh! Wait, I guess reading is fundamental. You meant two total and keep Grossman. Sorry, still in FA thread reading mode.

Yates was a great late pickup by the Texans, good example. Who could we get in the later rounds? I saw the top 5 listed last night on the ticker with Cousins being the 5th. I imagine we would want to use one of our 6th round picks to bring in a QB to compete.

Not bad

Archived